Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
LOL!

What countries in Europe have you been to?
Ireland, France and Spain
Old 12-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Ireland, France and Spain
Got it. Plan on going back someday?
Old 12-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Got it. Plan on going back someday?
Definitely
Old 12-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely
Where do you want to go?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Great shots
Thanks, Sam!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh I would love that.

Gorgeous.

So what are some things you experienced this trip that was different from the last time you were there? Learn anything new about the culture?
I experienced living in Nadine's new home as opposed to an Apartment. It's still a work in progress, but It's really beautiful!

Regarding the culture...everytime I go I appreciate the country and the people more and more. The people are very direct...speak their mind and you know exactly how they feel.which is a good thing. Plus..they're very fair. Men and woman share chores..(which is very evident watching Nadine and Frank). There's no such thing as "Women's work" or Men's work. If something needs to be done and you're capable...you do it. This includes cooking, cleaning, and child rearing.
The country is very conscience of protecting the environment. Almost every corner has recycling bins and trash bins that you can walk to. People ride bikes everywhere..no matter what their age.
These bins are in every hallway of Nadine's school...not just in the cafeteria.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Where do you want to go?
Everywhere lol

^ No problem
Old 12-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ LOL.

Betty, that's wonderful. I love the picture too! Just got finished reading about a French sexist pig on Sports and what he did to a female athlete award winner. Reminds me of what I found out from an actual French native in the past on what took place in her French computer engineering office... French men were 100% sexist and doing things that are 100% acceptable in our country no doubt, and thankfully many counties. She thought it was all good. She viewed it as normal flirting and even a friendly gesture for her boss to talk about wanting to have sex with her and commenting on her outfits, with many other French guys in her office doing the same to other women and in general. Normal behavior. In what reality? Pathetic.

You can tell just based on your description the Netherlands is nothing like that which is great. I also love how environmentally friendly and aware they are as well. That's just great!

Keep the pictures coming if you have more!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ LOL.

Betty, that's wonderful. I love the picture too! Just got finished reading about a French sexist pig on Sports and what he did to a female athlete award winner. Reminds me of what I found out from an actual French native in the past on what took place in her French computer engineering office... French men were 100% sexist and doing things that are 100% acceptable in our country no doubt, and thankfully many counties. She thought it was all good. She viewed it as normal flirting and even a friendly gesture for her boss to talk about wanting to have sex with her and commenting on her outfits, with many other French guys in her office doing the same to other women and in general. Normal behavior. In what reality? Pathetic.
I read that about athlete winner. Terrible.
What I don't get is how she won and how most of the nominees play for Leon..which is in France where the award ceremony takes place. Are you telling me that no American player deserved to be on that list?

Quote:
You can tell just based on your description the Netherlands is nothing like that which is great. I also love how environmentally friendly and aware they are as well. That's just great!

It's nothing like that. There's alot of mutual respect.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I read that about athlete winner. Terrible.
What I don't get is how she won and how most of the nominees play for Leon..which is in France where the award ceremony takes place. Are you telling me that no American player deserved to be on that list?
You have the answer. It’s repulsive.

Quote:
It's nothing like that. There's alot of mutual respect.
That’s wonderful.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ LOL.

That was so horrible
Old 12-05-2018, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

That was so horrible
It really was.

This French native/woman was telling stories to us (it was me and a Canadian friend) and we couldn't believe what we were hearing. We were repulsed and disgusted while she thought it was normal and no lines were crossed. She thought it wasn't a big deal. It definitely shows the different cultures. Based on the Canadian and American similar reactions finding it so off the wall unacceptable, you can tell how different cultures are sometimes. I know you are to respect cultures overall but legit, what she was telling us was taking place in her office was unacceptable no matter where you live even if it's "accepted" in her country. It certainly shouldn't be!
Old 12-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It really was.

This French native/woman was telling stories to us (it was me and a Canadian friend) and we couldn't believe what we were hearing. We were repulsed and disgusted while she thought it was normal and no lines were crossed. She thought it wasn't a big deal. It definitely shows the different cultures. Based on the Canadian and American similar reactions finding it so off the wall unacceptable, you can tell how different cultures are sometimes. I know you are to respect cultures overall but legit, what she was telling us was taking place in her office was unacceptable no matter where you live even if it's "accepted" in her country. It certainly shouldn't be!
No it shouldn't be
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Australia isn't like that
Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No it shouldn't be
Exactly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread