Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's so true Koni. Well said. Men like that are vile cowards.
And it eats them inside that they are cowards. Man I could have field trip with men like that . The reason is really personal but for some reason I snap when I see/hear about violent men. In general I am against violence, but for them I might make exception and could definitely try to hurt them where it hurts the most (and in most cases this is not physical pain). I know the type quite well and and luckily for me (not for them) I need just a conversation to spot them. They speak and act differently compared to other men.

Quote:
In a similar fashion, I see people say things on places like Yahoo! or some of the social media sites that they would never have the gall to say to someone in person. They hide behind their computer screens and type really vile and hateful things.
So true . It's easy to be "brave" and criticize people when you are hiding behind the screen and some username.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Here's another example of what women have to put up with in Hollywood, and it also shows what hypocrites some men in Hollywood can be:

Ben Affleck 'Sincerely' Apologizes for Acting 'Inappropriately' Towards Hilarie Burton on TRL
Unfortunately stuff like that still happens. Not only in Hollywood but in general. Sure we have developed, but we have also a lot of stuff to improve.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I can't believe he walked around NYC and could do as he pleased up until this point.
It's pretty horrible if you ask me.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Here's another example of what women have to put up with in Hollywood, and it also shows what hypocrites some men in Hollywood can be:

Ben Affleck 'Sincerely' Apologizes for Acting 'Inappropriately' Towards Hilarie Burton on TRL
Feel so bad for Hilarie and Ben's apology was pretty pathetic tbh.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Here's an excellent article about how all of Hollywood basically looked the other way when they heard about Harvey Weinstein's behavior over the years:

The Hollywood Conspiracy of Silence

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wonderful discussion, you guys. I love this thread.

Quote:

I had no idea this took place. Wow.

Hollywood views Ben Affleck and Matt Damon as two best friends, decent, down to earth and then there was this going on. Incredible.

Like Hilarie said... she was just a kid. I think Hollywood allows these men to think they walk on water and as a result, they are not held accountable for their actions. I am sure in a sick way Ben thought Hilarie would be honored he was sexually attracted to her. Gross and so inappropriate.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
And it eats them inside that they are cowards. Man I could have field trip with men like that .
You could, indeed.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Here's an excellent article about how all of Hollywood basically looked the other way when they heard about Harvey Weinstein's behavior over the years:

The Hollywood Conspiracy of Silence
So disturbing on every level.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Feel so bad for Hilarie and Ben's apology was pretty pathetic tbh.
The apology was not heartfelt and real. It was expected but lacked any sort of meaning or truth. Just disgusting.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The apology was not heartfelt and real. It was expected but lacked any sort of meaning or truth. Just disgusting.
Yeah, it felt like he was apologising because he got called out on it, not because he genuinely felt sorry.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, it felt like he was apologising because he got called out on it, not because he genuinely felt sorry.
Absolutely.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's exactly what went down. Who is he kidding, it's so obvious.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Now this is a real President talking about America's Immigrant Heritage:

John F. Kennedy Talking About America's Immigrant Heritage

I miss President Kennedy so much. Just listen to what he has to say about all of us being a nation of immigrants. He had his faults, to be sure, and I particularly didn't like his philandering ways, but he was such a charismatic and inspiring leader, and he epitomized class, grace and eloquence, and no modern politician can hold a candle to him, especially Trump. May he Rest In Peace.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's exactly what went down. Who is he kidding, it's so obvious.
Apparently he touched someone else inappropriately too, can't remember who though.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Absolutely.
I've lost a lot of respect for the what he did and even more for the way he handled it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread