Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2021, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Sugz was a terrible Mod. She never did anything to stop the personal attacks unless it got so out of hand she had no choice but to finally say something.
Exactly right. It had to be really obvious for her to step in and stop anything. Otherwise, she rather enjoyed the drama.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes,I think Sugz replaced me when I became the Site Administrator. I pretty much stopped posting on the Dawson's Creek board after that. The Dawson's Creek board gave me my start here at Fan Forum, but once the Season Three Love Triangle happened, a bunch of mean-spirited P/Jers came in and ruined the atmosphere there, and they tried to get me fired as a moderator and kicked off of Fan Forum. Fun times! As in not.

Before S3, what was the board like? I wish I would have been around back then before the troublemakers arrived.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We know all about wolves in sheep's clothing don't we Michelle?
We sure do.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)

Before S3, what was the board like? I wish I would have been around back then before the troublemakers arrived.
In Season Two, we had what was called the "Joey Wars" because some of us were really ticked off at Joey for dumping Dawson, saying that she needed to "find her something, alone," only to immediately start dating Jack, and some people excused what she did, but for the most part, everyone got along, and we also had some older posters who contributed some great posts back then who went away once the P/Jer invasion took place. We had a lot of Pacey and Andie fans who loved them and who loved the positive affect that Andie had on Pacey. The atmosphere was so much better back then.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-28-2021, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
We sure do.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
we also had some older posters who contributed some great posts back then who went away once the P/Jer invasion took place. We had a lot of Pacey and Andie fans who loved them and who loved the positive affect that Andie had on Pacey. The atmosphere was so much better back then.
The thing I remember also was the D/Jers in general didn’t personal attack the P/Jers.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The thing I remember also was the D/Jers in general didn’t personal attack the P/Jers.
Right, that's very true. Most of the D/Jers were nice people.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In Season Two, we had what was called the "Joey Wars" because some of us were really ticked off at Joey for dumping Dawson, saying that she needed to "find her something, alone," only to immediately start dating Jack, and some people excused what she did, but for the most part, everyone got along, and we also had some older posters who contributed some great posts back then who went away once the P/Jer invasion took place. We had a lot of Pacey and Andie fans who loved them and who loved the positive affect that Andie had on Pacey. The atmosphere was so much better back then.
I bet it was great!

I would have been in the mad at Joey camp for finding Jack, which was utterly ridiculous. I couldn't even buy that it was too overwhelming for her but really hated the finding someone else at the same time. It was so unbelievable.

Were most people both DJ and PA fans or kind of split?
Old 07-28-2021, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Nope. Not unless greatly provoked and biting back in some way had to happen. You could only take so much.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Right, that's very true. Most of the D/Jers were nice people.
And we had all the evidence showing how the story was still strongly DJ while PJ even together was written as toxic. We had so much logic behind our arguments and PJers knew it so they had to play dirty and muddy the waters in other ways.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nope. Not unless greatly provoked and biting back in some way had to happen. You could only take so much.
There was one D/Jer named Wind who used to go toe to toe with the P/Jers and they hated it! He used to call the P/Jers the "Angries!" He was hilarious!

Old 07-28-2021, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I bet it was great!

I would have been in the mad at Joey camp for finding Jack, which was utterly ridiculous. I couldn't even buy that it was too overwhelming for her but really hated the finding someone else at the same time. It was so unbelievable.
Season Two started my hatred of Joey. They completely changed her character. The Joey of Season One wouldn't have bailed on Dawson for someone else after finally getting the boy of her dreams. They also had Joey go from being a shy tomboy to someone who would pose in glamorous outfits for a photographer. That idolization of Joey coincided with the idolization of Katie Holmes. Like the show, she became popular through the Internet.

Quote:
Were most people both DJ and PA fans or kind of split?
I'd say they were mostly fans of both couples, but I'd actually say that Pacey and Andie were the more popular couple in Season Two because Dawson and Joey broke up almost as soon as they got together that season, while Pacey and Andie were together most of that season.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And we had all the evidence showing how the story was still strongly DJ while PJ even together was written as toxic. We had so much logic behind our arguments and PJers knew it so they had to play dirty and muddy the waters in other ways.
I can honestly say that some the Pacey and Joey fans were some of the most mean-spirited and nasty people I've ever encountered on line.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Season Two started my hatred of Joey. They completely changed her character. The Joey of Season One wouldn't have bailed on Dawson for someone else after finally getting the boy of her dreams. They also had Joey go from being a shy tomboy to someone who would pose in glamorous outfits for a photographer. That idolization of Joey coincided with the idolization of Katie Holmes. Like the show, she became popular through the Internet.

I'd say they were mostly fans of both couples, but I'd actually say that Pacey and Andie were the more popular couple in Season Two because Dawson and Joey broke up almost as soon as they got together that season, while Pacey and Andie were together most of that season.
Season one was without question my favorite Joey season and Season 2 was my favorite Pacey season. By S4 I couldn’t stand Joey at all which was sad because I loved her so much in S1 and Pacey of course pissed me off in S3.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread