Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Fans who are Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie Fans of Dawson's Creek #32: Writer's Advice to Williamson : Don't start what you can't finish.

This is an appreciation thread for Everwood fans who are also Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie fans. For those who shipped these pairings, the series once had such great promise, but ended up being one of the most disappointing series to date. TPTB enjoyed manipulating the heart and soul of the old school (seasons 1/2) Dawson's Creek audience, who embraced the premise and the main pairings of the show; Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Andie fans. The first two seasons defined Dawson's Creek. Season 3 came along and the show simply wasn't the same anymore. New showrunner who essentially mocked the premise, destroyed the main pairings, and was basically just fine with dropping the quality in order to make the series his own. We know the drill. Discussing our main pairings, as well frustrations over storylines, writing, TPTB, fandom in general, is all welcome here.

Note: This is not a debate thread with other ships. This thread is strictly for Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie fans to appreciate the pairings and discuss aspects of the show, both good and bad. This thread was originally created to celebrate friendships between a couple of regulars on the Everwood board who, back in the day, posted on the Dawson's Creek board and encountered some terrible fan wars and not so great moments. We wanted a safe place to discuss our thoughts here on the Everwood board. That is how this thread was created. Jerry D, our amazing Administrator, and my very good friend, came up with the idea and the rest is history. For those of you who ship other pairings and don't agree with the content of this thread, of course there's the Dawson's Creek board and other threads scattered throughout Fan Forum perfectly designed for you.

Thanks!

Credit Xelphia Kenny:

Alternate S5 & S6 : He made a solemn promise he would come and visit her. Hell, he even jotted it down in indelible black ink onto the crisp pages of her brand new journal while wearing a big toothy grin on his face, but regardless, it had been months since Pacey had made any contact with Andie. Andie forced herself not to overthink it and chalked it up to life getting in the way, but the smallest embers inside of her heart that yearned for him still despite everything that happened between them started to prickle at the back of her head. Although once the orientation process at Harvard was over and the real work began, Andie’s thoughts of Pacey Witter were sidelined in order to make room for the mountains and mountains of schoolwork she was receiving on a daily basis.

That was until, out of the blue, Pacey literally came sailing back into her life looking tanned, well rested, and even more gorgeous. Andie vowed to never let herself fall back in love with Pacey, she made an ironclad pledge to herself to never stray back into that hornet’s nest, but his soft, warm gaze pointed in her direction had Andie convinced his heart was remembering the way it used to love her.

She was one hundred percent correct in her assumptions.

The laughter between them settled into a deep warmth and easiness, and they talked well into the wee hours of the night and gradually, the intimacy they once coveted as a couple so long ago had returned to their bodies in triplicate. It started with Pacey’s hand brushing up against hers when she handed him a magazine from a convenience store shelf, which then evolved into their hugs becoming longer and more needy each time they touched. Soon enough, Pacey did the unthinkable, and asked Andie a question she never thought she’d hear again in her life from him…

Pacey Witter had asked her out on a date.

At first, they had both agreed to not invest too much of themselves into the date, stating an urge to take things as slow as they could in order to protect themselves from any harmful fallout, but Pacey and Andie’s mutually intense bedroom eyes that screamed “make love to me.” seemed to tell another story altogether. The immense pain of potentially opening up old wounds over how their relationship crumbled in the past fell to the wayside as Pacey and Andie ended up having passionate, raw, soul searing sex in Andie’s shower. Every single iota of mistrust, devastating heartbreak, and bad memories in their past circled its way down the drain.

And as Andie sat by her vanity, drying her hair and watching Pacey getting ready for bed, she smiled to herself. At long last, she finally felt like she could breathe again.

Fic Links that TL22 supplied and commented on:

1.Kiss Me Chapter 1, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction

This takes place at the end of season four. It's my very first P/A story. two short chapters. My version on how the graduation could/should have went.

2.Thanksgiving, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction

A short interlude of what could have happened between seasons three and four.

3.Finding True Love Chapter 1, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction

Fourteen chapters of what could have happened in the future. I wrote it over two years. The story starts season three when Pacey is getting ready to sail away. The end of chapter one has a unique twist, I think you'll enjoy.

The following is by ElizabethBella who wrote a fantastic Pacey/Andie story. (My favourite)

Come Sail Away Chapter 1: Separate, and apart, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction
This is a multi chaptered story, you won't be able to put down.

The next is another one of my favourites written by the very talented StevieLuvsAlex

No amount of time, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction

The next is a two part Pacey/Andie story written by me and StevieLuvsAlex. The first part is hers and the second part written by me won't make any sense if the first part is not read. Very very short

Everything happens for a reason, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction
Written by StevieluvsAlex

Everything Happens For a Reason part Two, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction
Written by me and takes up where Everything Happens For a Reason leaves off

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/sto...toryid=7420836

This is a glimpse of Pacey, Andie, Joey and Dawson when they were very young. The story is two parts..

The next link is by the author Makesmyheadspin. IT is a bitter sweet story and really captures Pacey and Andie.

Fate is The Hunter, a dawson's creek fanfic | FanFiction

Fan Fic Written by Jerry:
Ghosts

Relapse

WHY I WILL NEVER BE A FAN OF PACEY / JOEY

The first two links will take you to a collection of D/J stories and the last link to a collection of P/A stories:

https://www.fanfiction.net/community...nd-Joey/27781/

https://www.fanfiction.net/community...-Always/33166/

https://www.fanfiction.net/community...Fanfics/45942//

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2101505/1/Wandering-Heart

The next two thread titles:

Dawson Creek......The series that got everything important wrong.

Dawson Creek......Lessons on how not to write relationships.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-09-2022 at 11:18 PM
Old 07-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Love the title. I often wonder what would’ve been if KW never left the show.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Love the title. I often wonder what would’ve been if KW never left the show.
I've often wondered the same thing.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-07-2021, 09:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
My Dawson's Creek Series Finale Pitch

ACT ONE

We open on a scene featuring a perturbed Dawson walking briskly on the street on the way to work, avoiding both the magazine rack filled with reviews for his latest movie release along with the paparazzi, hoping to snap some pictures of the famous director.

Why is he being so cagey? Unfortunately for him, his latest movie has turned out to be a flop, and he has no idea why. It's beautifully shot, has some big names filling up the call sheets, and has a host of talented people working behind the camera...so why? Thankfully, he doesn't have much time to fixate on his movie's failure, for he gets an email from an old friend:

Governor Witter.

Cut to Boston, Mass. into Pacey's office with him sitting at his desk, developing a stress headache from all of the paperwork he's had to go through, hoping to get it finished on time. Why? He's getting married soon to the love of his life, the woman of his dreams, and the person who inspired him to get into politics in the first place : Andie McPhee. With a victory cry after sending his last email, he starts the much more joyous task of sending the wedding invitations to his friends and family.

We cut over to Andie, working her last shift in the hospital, feeling super guilty over handing over her heavy workload onto her fellow doctors. They all laugh it off, telling her that she's been working nonstop since she graduated, and that they can handle themselves. With a grateful, relieved smile on her bright face, Andie takes off her scrubs and makes a call to her brother that she and Pacey will be at the airport later on tonight.

Jack, in Capeside at Grams' house after getting off the phone with his sister, goes back to grading papers and smiles at his student's essays, thinking about how much potential they all have to do something wonderful with the talents they're given. He then steps away from his task, helping a very pregnant Jen through the door with her groceries, once again telling her that she should be resting now. Jen, becoming a single mother, tells him that she can handle it and that she's tired of sitting around for too long.

Finally, we cut to the inside of Joey's apartment in New York where she's scrolling through manuscript after manuscript, utterly bored of what she's reading. None of the stories she's been receiving have grabbed her attention as of late, wondering where the next big story is. While she's at her computer, she receives Pacey's wedding invitation, happily clicking 'yes' on the invite, telling him that she'll be there.

ACT TWO

The day of the wedding, thanks to months and months worth of meticulous planning on Andie's part, goes off smoothly without many hiccups. Andie walks down the aisle in a beautiful wedding gown, glowing underneath a gorgeous summer sunset as she arrives at the end of the pier where she and Pacey had their first date. Pacey's wedding vows are both humorous and poignant, celebrating and honoring everything they've been through to get to this point in their lives.

Audrey performs at Pacey and Andie's wedding reception for free, singing covers of some old favorites along with some her original material to much acclaim from the crowd. After she's done her set, the band continues to play softly in the background while she reconnects with her old friends, telling them all about how she's about to go on her first world tour.

At the reception, Joey finds Dawson staring into his drink, mulling over his recent failure as a director and asks him what's wrong. They get to talking and slowly it starts to dawn on Dawson as to why his work hasn't been clicking with the audience lately. His films, while they be might be prestigious and all that, have started to lose their human touch. So, in a bid to find it again, he asks Joey if she wants to help him tell a story. Joey eagerly accepts and sparks fly between them as they work on the first draft.

Meanwhile, at Pacey and Andie's table, Pacey's political colleagues have started to ask him if he plans to make a Presidential run and Pacey laughs it off, saying that'll never happen. Jen, getting Andie's attention with rapid arm movements, calls her over to her table. Andie's eyes go wide when she sees why Jen was so eager to gain her attention...Jen's water just broke.

Despite being in a lot of pain, Andie helps Jen stay calm as Jack drives them and Grams to the hospital with Pacey, Joey, Audrey, and Dawson tailing them in Pacey's sport's car. At the hospital, Andie helps the doctor's administer care to Jen, making sure she has the safest delivery possible. After hours and hours, Jen's baby finally arrives, screaming and raging. When Jen's recovered, she tearfully tells Jack she's afraid of raising her daughter alone, but Jack tells her that she's not alone and that he'll always be at her side.

ACT THREE

Dawson has an idea...a very, very good idea. While he and Joey have been reconnecting in person, he gets inspired to write a story about his life growing up in Capeside and asks Joey to give her perspective so it's not written completely from his point of view. This provides them with a beautiful opportunity to finally get some much needed closure, rekindling the sparks between them the longer they work on the project together.

In the meantime, Pacey and Andie are getting themselves packed for their honeymoon to Venice, Italy. Pacey, reflecting on what his peers said to him at the reception, tells Andie that people think he has what it takes to become President of the United States with him seriously giving it some thought. Andie sits down beside Pacey, looks him in the eye, and tells him that if he decides to go for it, she'll support him in every way. They seal the promise with a long, passionate kiss as Pacey pulls a giggling Andie onto the bed.

At Grams' house, Audrey and Jen are sitting out on the front porch, marveling over Jen's daughter, Amy. Audrey cannot believe that her best friend has become a mom, laughing at how old she feels. Grams fires back, telling Audrey to wait until she gets to be her age-THEN she'll start feeling old. As Audrey plucks the strings of her guitar, working out a new melody, Grams tells Jen how proud she is of her and that she's going to be a terrific parent.

At Capeside High, after Jack is done teaching a class, one of his students comes up to him and asks if he can talk. Eager to help, Jack gives the insecure looking young boy the floor, and the young boy in question tells Jack that he thinks that he might be gay. Knowing full well how badly this could go, Jack, with utmost sensitivity tells his student that there's nothing wrong with him if he is gay. When the long, involved talk is over, his student walks out of the classroom feeling much better about himself.

ACT FOUR

When Jen's finally ready to go back to work, she gets an email from Pacey, asking if she would like to have a very historic, exclusive interview with him on her talk show. Jen accepts and it's in this interview where Governor Witter announces he will be running for President in the next election. Pacey looks to Andie off camera and sees her mouthing the words, "I am so proud of you, Witter."

At parent-teacher day at Capeside High, the father of the young boy who came out to Jack thanks him for his kind words, telling him how rough it's been for his son to be dealing with this at such a young age. Jack tells him all about the horror stories about his moment of realization and hopes to be the kind of teacher who will stand up for kids who're like him.

Dawson and Joey, while scouting for locations to film their story, start flirting with each other and don't stop. They are all smiles and laughter, reminiscing about this and that until finally, the tension between them breaks as they kiss each other outside the Ice House. The moment everyone's been waiting for happens as Dawson and Joey, at last, figure things out.

While the movie's in production, Dawson gets in touch with Audrey, asking her if she would like to compose the movie's main theme song. Audrey gets straight to work, pouring all of her heart and soul into her music, making every note count and comes up with the perfect piece...it's called, 'I Don't Want to Wait', and it fits the movie beautifully.

As the montage of Dawson's movie getting made dissolves, displaying all the sights of Capeside, we come to the final scene of the series: The Movie Premiere. Everyone attends. Characters from past seasons make cameos as people in the audience, our main characters are in the best seats in the house, all applauding Dawson as he walks out onto the stage to deliver his latest feature. He gives a beautiful speech as we pan across the faces of the crowd, then when he's finished, goes to sit down next to Joey who's wearing an engagement ring on her ringer.

While the house lights go down, Dawson and Joey share a kiss as the opening notes of the show's theme song start playing. The words : 'Dawson Leery Presents', lighting up the screen are the last thing we see before we fade out for good.
Here it is...this is how I wanted this series to end.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Wow, that was wonderful Xelphia Kenny! I would have loved to have seen the show end like this! I really like the way you made the characters grow and progress, especially Pacey, and I like how you had Dawson and Joey reconnect. Joey really was Dawson's muse, so having her collaborate with him on a movie about growing up in Capeside is perfect.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Blown away by your write up.

You should have written for the show. I wish Kevin Williamson could see your creation. Even he’d admit out loud it’s pure brilliance while secretly admitting yours is better than he could have done, and certainly, Stupin.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow, that was wonderful Xelphia Kenny! I would have loved to have seen the show end like this! I really like the way you made the characters grow and progress, especially Pacey, and I like how you had Dawson and Joey reconnect. Joey really was Dawson's muse, so having her collaborate with him on a movie about growing up in Capeside is perfect.
Thank you very much for the positive kudos! I wanted to figure out a way to incorporate every character I could into the treatment, giving them each a moment in the spotlight, honoring their growth while also throwing in some surprise developments during the time jump.

With Pacey, I implemented what we saw during him helping Andie win the school election because he really seemed to be jazzed about it. He bought books, did research, and displayed a knack for getting involved with social issues(fighting against the teacher who harassed Jack and outed him). A job in politics makes so much sense to me.

With Dawson, I wanted to show him having success making stories that had nothing to do with his personal life. That way, the project feels less like him living in the past and more like him honoring that time in his life, and closing that chapter. Also, adding Joey into the mix gives the project more dimension and meaning because Joey was the person whose opinion mattered the most to him.

With Jen, it was a no brainer. That was the easiest part to write. The same goes for Andie, Audrey, and Jack.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

You know how Pacey got on Dawson for giving Joey an ultimatum in S3, didn’t Pacey basically give her one in the S3 finale with the “Ask me to stay” or I am leaving?
Old 07-16-2021, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You know how Pacey got on Dawson for giving Joey an ultimatum in S3, didn’t Pacey basically give her one in the S3 finale with the “Ask me to stay” or I am leaving?
You said it. 100% he did, but for whatever reason, Pacey/Joey fans saw that stupid wall as romantic and Jedi Knight-like, not an ultimatum. It was completely manipulative, like when he went to Dawson's aunts to mess up the weekend just so he could try to kiss Joey.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
You said it. 100% he did, but for whatever reason, Pacey/Joey fans saw that stupid wall as romantic and Jedi Knight-like, not an ultimatum. It was completely manipulative, like when he went to Dawson's aunts to mess up the weekend just so he could try to kiss Joey.
Yea, that was pretty messed up coming under a fake guise of friendship when he went in his own words to be with her because “when you like someone, proximity is a good thing”
Old 07-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yea, that was pretty messed up coming under a fake guise of friendship when he went in his own words to be with her because “when you like someone, proximity is a good thing”
He made it seem like he was a prince, not a manipulative idiot stabbing his best friend in the back or worrying about the girl he truly loved two seconds ago named Andie.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
He made it seem like he was a prince, not a manipulative idiot stabbing his best friend in the back or worrying about the girl he truly loved two seconds ago named Andie.
The fact Pacey kissed her there not even caring that Dawson or Andie could’ve seen it was messed up. The way the P/Jers hate Coda that’s how I feel about Stolen Kisses.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

@Xelphia Kenny

I really like your version of the ending. You ought to post the story on Fanfiction.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The fact Pacey kissed her there not even caring that Dawson or Andie could’ve seen it was messed up. The way the P/Jers hate Coda that’s how I feel about Stolen Kisses.
100%.

Pacey was such a completely different person there. The real Pacey would have cared greatly about Dawson and Andie. Coda actually made sense and of course the PJers don’t want to admit it so they labeled S5 PJ amnesia.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread....LOVE...LOOOOOOVE the title.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread