Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Well, you have to look at their positions in life when they got married: He was one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, and she was a second rate actress who was mostly known for being on a crap television show on a third-rate network, so I could see how he could intimidate her into signing a pre-nup. It's funny how the writers and producers of Dawson's Creek idolized her because it was to the detriment of the show, and ultimately it did nothing for them or for her. Paul Stupin never really did anything after Dawson's Creek, and the only actor who achieved true success was the one they marginalized, Michelle Williams.

Katie Holmes had a girl next door appeal, but that appeal was already starting to fade in the later seasons, and now she just looks like an aging socialite with no career who's mostly known for being on Dawson's Creek and for marrying and divorcing Tom Cruise. I do admire her for getting her daughter away from him and his evil Scientology Cult, but otherwise I have no interest in her or her "career."
I can’t even add to this. You summed it up perfectly. Entirely agree.

Did you ever watch The Fringe with Josh Jackson? I actually heard it was a good show. I’ve been meaning to watch. It might get the bad taste in my mouth out if I see him as Peter instead of Pacey.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I can’t even add to this. You summed it up perfectly. Entirely agree.
Thanks!

Quote:
Did you ever watch The Fringe with Josh Jackson? I actually heard it was a good show. I’ve been meaning to watch. It might get the bad taste in my mouth out if I see him as Peter instead of Pacey.
No, I never watched it. I did hear that it was a good show though.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!

No, I never watched it. I did hear that it was a good show though.
Yes, apparently if you are into science fiction you should like it. From the clips I've seen, I would take the chemistry of Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson) over Katie and Josh as Pacey and Joey. Anna Torv actually knows how to act too. LOL.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, apparently if you are into science fiction you should like it. From the clips I've seen, I would take the chemistry of Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson) over Katie and Josh as Pacey and Joey. Anna Torv actually knows how to act too. LOL.
Cool! Science Fiction isn't really my thing though with the exception of Star Wars.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-08-2020, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Cool! Science Fiction isn't really my thing though with the exception of Star Wars.
I like science fiction, especially with elements of fantasy. Lost, Stranger Things, Doctor Who, The 100. Harry Potter is fantasy, not science fiction. I loved Back to the Future Trilogy which is science fiction. But I could never get into Star Trek.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I like science fiction, especially with elements of fantasy. Lost, Stranger Things, Doctor Who, The 100. Harry Potter is fantasy, not science fiction. I loved Back to the Future Trilogy which is science fiction. But I could never get into Star Trek.
I loved the Back to the Future Trilogy too.

I watched Star Trek a little, (only the Original Series and some of the early movies) but I never really got into it.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I loved the Back to the Future Trilogy too.

I watched Star Trek a little, (only the Original Series and some of the early movies) but I never really got into it.
Yes, it is terrific. I own a copy of the trilogy.

When did you first discover Star Wars?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, it is terrific. I own a copy of the trilogy.
Awesome!

Quote:
When did you first discover Star Wars?
When the original movie came out in 1977.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Awesome!

When the original movie came out in 1977.
Exciting. I watched when I was very young, probably when I was five, for the first time. I also had a huge collection of Star Wars merchandise. I had all the action figures, the ships, etc. It was a massive collection and somehow I lost it. Not kidding. I lost this huge collection that, honestly, could be worth a bunch of money now. I started collecting when I was a little girl, around 8/9 and kept getting more and more things, original space ships, etc. I had it all. But somehow I lost the entire collection. I thought I had it tucked away and apparently did not. I somehow misplaced it. It still bothers me.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exciting. I watched when I was very young, probably when I was five, for the first time. I also had a huge collection of Star Wars merchandise. I had all the action figures, the ships, etc. It was a massive collection and somehow I lost it. Not kidding. I lost this huge collection that, honestly, could be worth a bunch of money now. I started collecting when I was a little girl, around 8/9 and kept getting more and more things, original space ships, etc. I had it all. But somehow I lost the entire collection. I thought I had it tucked away and apparently did not. I somehow misplaced it. It still bothers me.
Oh man, that's so sad! That original merchandise would probably be worth a fortune now! I have two official Lightsabers (a Jedi Lightsaber and a Sith Lightsaber) and I also have a Darth Vader Unleashed figurine that I bought about 20 years ago.

Something similar happened to me. I had some classic comic books (Superman, Batman, Spiderman) from the 1960's and 1970's, and they all got lost. I think that at least some of them would be worth a lot of money now.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh man, that's so sad! That original merchandise would probably be worth a fortune now! I have two official Lightsabers (a Jedi Lightsaber and a Sith Lightsaber) and I also have a Darth Vader Unleashed figurine that I bought about 20 years ago.
Nice.

Seriously, I am sickened over this because I know I had many rare things. I even had Darth Vader & Obi-Wan Kenobi telescoping lightsaber and I made the mistake of checking the price... it just sold for $30,000. I never opened it either. I had all the action figures, every single one you can imagine, I had it. I had all the space ships and the landspeeder. All of my stuff was from the Original Trilogy. My father started the collection and then when I was old enough I started buying more and more. All I know is I had all of these things perfectly secured in boxes and cases and they were up in my parents attic. When I was moving, I went up there to get some of my stuff and I could not find the merchandise. My parents had no idea. I hate to say this but I have a feeling they were stolen. I have no idea who would have done this... maybe a casual friend or teammate. I hosted a lot of basketball and soccer parties back when I was playing varsity sports. Obviously the merchandise/collection didn’t get up and walk away and we know it wasn’t my family so I don’t know but it’s sad.

Quote:
Something similar happened to me. I had some classic comic books (Superman, Batman, Spiderman) from the 1960's and 1970's, and they all got lost. I think that at least some of them would be worth a lot of money now.
That’s tough! Absolutely they’d be worth money and certain ones, a great chunk of change.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I had with my brother boxes of comics and baseball cards from the 50's He was in college and I, in the navy

They disappeared. Of course my mother denied all knowledge of their fate.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Nice.

Seriously, I am sickened over this because I know I had many rare things. I even had Darth Vader & Obi-Wan Kenobi telescoping lightsaber and I made the mistake of checking the price... it just sold for $30,000. I never opened it either. I had all the action figures, every single one you can imagine, I had it. I had all the space ships and the landspeeder. All of my stuff was from the Original Trilogy. My father started the collection and then when I was old enough I started buying more and more. All I know is I had all of these things perfectly secured in boxes and cases and they were up in my parents attic. When I was moving, I went up there to get some of my stuff and I could not find the merchandise. My parents had no idea. I hate to say this but I have a feeling they were stolen. I have no idea who would have done this... maybe a casual friend or teammate. I hosted a lot of basketball and soccer parties back when I was playing varsity sports. Obviously the merchandise/collection didn’t get up and walk away and we know it wasn’t my family so I don’t know but it’s sad.
That really is sad.

Quote:
That’s tough! Absolutely they’d be worth money and certain ones, a great chunk of change.
I'm thinking that my sisters threw them away after my father passed away as I still had some things in his house after I moved.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I had with my brother boxes of comics and baseball cards from the 50's He was in college and I, in the navy

They disappeared. Of course my mother denied all knowledge of their fate.
That's really such a shame.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That really is sad.

I'm thinking that my sisters threw them away after my father passed away as I still had some things in his house after I moved.
That makes sense.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread