Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

Berlanti might have come up with the initial ridiculous idea of PJ, but he never wanted it to last or play out like it did. He wouldn't have been saying he was a DJ fan at the end of the series (and that they should have ended up together).

So it's like Berlanti came up with a short-term teen soap idea with the intention of it lasting probably a couple episodes, but Stupid took the idea and made it his own. He was the mad scientist that grabbed on for dear life and tried to form it into something beautiful and lasting. Failed experiment. Such a destruction it's impossible to revive or reboot the series.

Seriously, even putting aside the obvious reason why they cannot revive... Jen's death... they also cannot revive because the series ended in a way that destroyed the entire premise of the original series. How can you revive destruction and failure?
I completely agree, plus the show has become such a joke that I can't seeing anyone wanting to revive it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-23-2020, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree, plus the show has become such a joke that I can't seeing anyone wanting to revive it.
It's funny because even the PJ fans don't want a revival. I find that telling. I think for them, they don't want to go there because:

1. Kevin mentioned he saw Pacey/Joey divorced in the future. Then he backtracked and said they might eventually reunite but you could tell his first thought was they would be divorced. First thoughts are everything, especially with a showrunner that bailed and didn't get to construct it as he imagined (his fault).

2. They just know the show always comes back to Dawson/Joey so they don't want to risk a change in pairings.

3. If you bring back Meredith (if she'd even agree to it) you know it's going to be Pacey/Andie interaction.

Thus, it's too risky for Pacey/Joey fans and they know it.

Which, all the more speaks to how messed up the series was in the end.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Berlanti might have come up with the initial ridiculous idea of PJ, but he never wanted it to last or play out like it did. He wouldn't have been saying he was a DJ fan at the end of the series (and that they should have ended up together).

So it's like Berlanti came up with a short-term teen soap idea with the intention of it lasting probably a couple episodes, but Stupid took the idea and made it his own. He was the mad scientist that grabbed on for dear life and tried to form it into something beautiful and lasting. Failed experiment. Such a destruction it's impossible to revive or reboot the series.

Seriously, even putting aside the obvious reason why they cannot revive... Jen's death... they also cannot revive because the series ended in a way that destroyed the entire premise of the original series. How can you revive destruction and failure?
Even if Berlanti kept P/J for an entire season and then corrected it; no big deal.

I'd like to know who made the decision to kick Meredith Monroe off the show. Even with all my research, I have never been able to find out whose idea it was.

The only problem I have with Everwood was Bright cheating on Hannah. Why? Didn't serve any purpose, and lout of character.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought they were going to get a season five and Berlanti wanted to create more drama than having Amy standing alone in front of a ferris wheel.

He did correct that mistake in the ambiguous scene when Hannah told Bright she was going to stay in Colorado for college. Notice at the end of the scene how she threw herself in his arms. In my opinion, she forgave him.

While I am on the subject of Hannah and Bright, I consider the scene when Bright locks her in the bathroom. Hannah opens the door naked and invites him in, saying. " Open your eyes Bright,If I'm going to see you the way you see me. I want you here with me."

In my opinion one of the greatest romantic scenes , ever, on TV.

Last edited by TL22; 05-23-2020 at 08:17 PM
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Even if Berlanti kept P/J for an entire season and then corrected it; no big deal.

I'd like to know who made the decision to kick Meredith Monroe off the show. Even with all my research, I have never been able to find out whose idea it was.

The only problem I have with Everwood was Bright cheating on Hannah. Why? Didn't serve any purpose, and lout of character.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought they were going to get a season five and Berlanti wanted to create more drama than having Amy standing alone in front of a ferris wheel.

He did correct that mistake in the ambiguous scene when Hannah told Bright she was going to stay in Colorado for college. Notice at the end of the scene how she threw herself in his arms. In my opinion, she forgave him.

While I am on the subject of Hannah and Bright, I consider the scene when Bright locks her in the bathroom. Hannah opens the door naked and invites him in, saying. " Open your eyes Bright,If I'm going to see you the way you see me. I want you here with me."

In my opinion one of the greatest romantic scenes , ever, on TV.
Is it possible Meredith wanted to leave? I almost wish this would be the case instead.

The Everwood fandom was kind of split on Bright/Hannah when the series was live. Some didn't think they were a realistic couple, others liked them, some were indifferent. I know when I watched I always felt like the sex topic was going to become an issue with them given Hannah's beliefs and Bright's natural desire for physical affection. I wish the show would have handled this area better so it didn't have to result in Bright cheating. I did hate the cheating storyline. I do not think it was necessary. I don't know what Berlanti was thinking regarding Bright and Hannah. I do know that the series finale did make it pretty clear that they were on their way to a reunion.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Is it possible Meredith wanted to leave? I almost wish this would be the case instead.

The Everwood fandom was kind of split on Bright/Hannah when the series was live. Some didn't think they were a realistic couple, others liked them, some were indifferent. I know when I watched I always felt like the sex topic was going to become an issue with them given Hannah's beliefs and Bright's natural desire for physical affection. I wish the show would have handled this area better so it didn't have to result in Bright cheating. I did hate the cheating storyline. I do not think it was necessary. I don't know what Berlanti was thinking regarding Bright and Hannah. I do know that the series finale did make it pretty clear that they were on their way to a reunion.
I wish that was the case in regards to Meredith. She was forced off and quite angry about it. They wanted to get rid of her so bad, that I believe Meredith forced them to honour her contract. Which is why her name remained in the credits and she most likely was paid for the remainder of the season.

Meredith was known to be easy to work with. She always knew her lines, was on time, plus her acting skills were excellent as evidenced in several highly charged scenes. So there was no reason to terminate her for cause. I bet they looked hard. According to Paul Stupin she was still very angry at the end of season four TPTB had to really beg and kiss her butt to get her back for The Graduate episode.Thinking season four was there last season they needed to get the couples back where they belonged and they badly needed Meredith for that. So I guess she may have gotten the last laugh.

In regards to Bright and Hannah; Bright had made the decision to break up with Hannah for the reasons you mentioned, but could not go through with it. So he knew exactly what his romantic future was going to be. But after the shower incident things had changed. While I believe full on sex was not happening; that was about the only thing not happening, so in my opinion Bright was having a fairly satisfying love life. This is why I consider the cheating incident out of character.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I wish that was the case in regards to Meredith. She was forced off and quite angry about it. They wanted to get rid of her so bad, that I believe Meredith forced them to honour her contract. Which is why her name remained in the credits and she most likely was paid for the remainder of the season.

Meredith was known to be easy to work with. She always knew her lines, was on time, plus her acting skills were excellent as evidenced in several highly charged scenes. So there was no reason to terminate her for cause. I bet they looked hard. According to Paul Stupin she was still very angry at the end of season four TPTB had to really beg and kiss her butt to get her back for The Graduate episode.Thinking season four was there last season they needed to get the couples back where they belonged and they badly needed Meredith for that. So I guess she may have gotten the last laugh.
These so called top people involved in this show are so stupid... Kevin talking about how his mother hated the Dawson's Creek ending because of Pacey/Joey and she knew Dawson/Joey should have ended up together. Stupin talking about Meredith being angry. I mean, don't they realize how fcking stupid they looking mentioning things that make them look bad?

So I go back to my same thought... Jack existed, Andie should have as well. Keeping Kerr should have meant keeping Meredith. It is infuriating that they made it so damn obvious as to why one stayed and one went. Kerr stayed because his character was gay and provided a way to "tame" Jen. Meredith had to leave because her character was too big of a threat to Pacey/Joey and Katie in general. It makes me sick. I seriously cannot believe I watched all of this transpire too. I never really followed the politics behind the screen back then. Heck, I barely even got involved in forums at this point. Not like I do now. So I had no idea but if I had even a clue of what was going on, I would have thrown this pathetic show in the trash a long, long time ago.

Quote:
In regards to Bright and Hannah; Bright had made the decision to break up with Hannah for the reasons you mentioned, but could not go through with it. So he knew exactly what his romantic future was going to be. But after the shower incident things had changed. While I believe full on sex was not happening; that was about the only thing not happening, so in my opinion Bright was having a fairly satisfying love life. This is why I consider the cheating incident out of character.
It was all Rina too... I've mentioned before Rina based Hannah on her high school experience/personality. She said she crushed on Bright types. I don't think she ever dated Bright types though so it's possible the cheating actually reflected her real self as well... she crushed on Bright types from afar but never dated any. She could have thought it was an unrealistic scenario (in her own mind) so the cheating played right along with the fantasy and not being real, thus they should break up. But again, we saw them come back together, repair the friendship and looked to be on their way to getting back together. However, that could have been Berlanti's influence too.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posting about Dawson's Creek and later moderating the Dawson's Creek board got me my start at Fan Forum, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have stopped watching the show after Season Two ended. Still though, if I wasn't watching and posting on the Dawson's Creek board in the later seasons, I wouldn't have met you Michelle and I wouldn't have been able to tell you to check out Everwood, so from that aspect I'm glad that I watched Dawson's Creek to the bitter (and I do mean bitter ) end.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-25-2020, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It was all Rina too... I've mentioned before Rina based Hannah on her high school experience/personality. She said she crushed on Bright types. I don't think she ever dated Bright types though so it's possible the cheating actually reflected her real self as well... she crushed on Bright types from afar but never dated any. She could have thought it was an unrealistic scenario (in her own mind) so the cheating played right along with the fantasy and not being real, thus they should break up. But again, we saw them come back together, repair the friendship and looked to be on their way to getting back together. However, that could have been Berlanti's influence too.
It's weird because like Rina, Julie Plec played out her bad boy fantasies by hooking up Damon and Elena on The Vampire Diaries after Kevin Williamson left. I'm seeing a pattern here!

Old 05-25-2020, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's weird because like Rina, Julie Plec played out her bad boy fantasies by hooking up Damon and Elena on The Vampire Diaries after Kevin Williamson left. I'm seeing a pattern here!
Big time pattern.

Not sure why they think their real life is that interesting.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Posting about Dawson's Creek and later moderating the Dawson's Creek board got me my start at Fan Forum, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have stopped watching the show after Season Two ended. Still though, if I wasn't watching and posting on the Dawson's Creek board in the later seasons, I wouldn't have met you Michelle and I wouldn't have been able to tell you to check out Everwood, so from that aspect I'm glad that I watched Dawson's Creek to the bitter (and I do mean bitter ) end.
Completely agree.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Extreme Fan

When I was on IMDB what I found very interesting was the following statement, or a version of it.

When I was a teen I loved Pacey and Joey, but when I got older I realized what a toxic relationship it was. For some reason most of them went on to extol the virtues of Pacey and Andie. Dawson and Joey were mentioned also, but not in the number of Pacey and Andie.

I attribute that to the dominance of Pacey and Andie Season two. I also think people were so disgusted with Joey, they didn't think of her being with someone.

Thoughts?

Last edited by TL22; 05-26-2020 at 03:58 PM
Old 05-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It’s clear a lot of Pacey/Joey fans were younger, a tad more immature, liked Josh/Katie and couldn’t separate real life from fiction, or just really loved the superficial look of the pairing. Some just hated Dawson and wanted to see him suffer.

I’ve heard many Pacey/Joey fans change their mind later as the years moved along. I think a lot of the fandom think they want a Pacey or they just enjoy the dynamic without even thinking about the make up of the dynamic until later.

It is why the Pacey/Joey fandom has never been able to properly debate. You cannot debate without substance and comprehension.

It reminds me of someone years later almost embarrassed for staying in such a pointless relationship in the past. Finally they see the light.

Pacey and Andie were a very mature relationship and I don’t think a lot of Pacey/Joey fans liked this.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:49 PM
Administrator

I think that many of the Pacey and Joey fans were very immature and they had that "bad boy" fantasy, even though Pacey wasn't really a "bad boy." I also think a lot of them just hated Dawson, so they wanted Pacey to be the "winner." Josh Jackson himself once said that whoever was with Joey/Katie got the most screen time, but we also know he adored Meredith and he didn't like what they did to her.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think that many of the Pacey and Joey fans were very immature and they had that "bad boy" fantasy, even though Pacey wasn't really a "bad boy." I also think a lot of them just hated Dawson, so they wanted Pacey to be the "winner." Josh Jackson himself once said that whoever was with Joey/Katie got the most screen time, but we also know he adored Meredith and he didn't like what they did to her.
I remember there was a rumor that the relationship between James and Josh deteriorated so much over the years that in the end, Josh actually did want to "win" and pulled for Pacey/Joey over Dawson/Joey. No idea if this was the truth. For all we know, Pacey/Joey fans made it up, but I remember hearing about this. Refreshing that in the present James and Josh are friendly.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I remember there was a rumor that the relationship between James and Josh deteriorated so much over the years that in the end, Josh actually did want to "win" and pulled for Pacey/Joey over Dawson/Joey. No idea if this was the truth. For all we know, Pacey/Joey fans made it up, but I remember hearing about this. Refreshing that in the present James and Josh are friendly.
As much as Josh liked Meredith, and the Andie character. I doubt he pulled for that ending, especially when he knew a Pacey / Andie ending was in the cards.

Remember Josh appeared at the 100th episode party wearing a picture of Meredith over his heart.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread