Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Excellent thoughts. So true.

That is why Kevin wrote the first script which ended Dawson/Joey. He was writing in there that Joey was constantly running from Dawson and she didn't want to run anymore. Kevin had this ending for his romantic pairing of the series until Stupin got to him and he changed it at the last second, just inserting Pacey in there instead of Dawson in pathetic fashion. The script was a Dawson/Joey script. It's almost embarrassing that they used Dawson/Joey's history and words for a stupid, confusing, unrealistic Pacey/Joey ending.

Dawson was Joey's constant, he was her realness. Pacey was Joey's consolation prize and the easy way out. She didn't have to deal with anything head on as long as she was with Pacey.

Apparently when Joey goes off the Paris in one of those last episodes, that was originally the series finale. They were ending it like that with the insinuation that Dawson/Joey were reuniting eventually. Then when Kevin decided to return they changed things up. Joey going off to Paris would have been the perfect ending. She needed it. It would have been a great ending for Joey, demonstrating that she was finally on the right path and at the end of her journey the end of the road would lead right back to Dawson, just like it was meant to be.
Without going back and checking the article; I'm going to just give the gist of it.

There was some kind of reunion sponsored by E-tonight or E-something.Attending the reunion were; JVB, Joshua Jackson, Kerr Smith, Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams, Busy Phillips, Meredith Monroe, Kevin Williamson and Mary Beth Peil.

KW was asked what he would do if he wrote the movie. His reply is interesting as it fits perfectly with my and some others theories on what really happened to get the ending. also what is very ineresting is what KW said about the movie if he wrote it.

First KW and Julie Plec were not happy nor could they understand why Meredith Monroe (Andie) was written off the show

KW's plot goes like this: Dawson becomes Steven Spielberg and never finds love. Pacey and Joey get married have a couple of Kids, then a bitter divorce. (now what Pacey Andie fan did not see that coming.)

Pacey eventually finds his way back to Joey and they have peace. Notice nothing was said about Joey and Pacey resuming a Romantic relationship To me the next logical steps are Dawson and Joey find true love again with each other and Pacey who is on good terms with both of them is now free to go his own way. Andie?

When KW was writing the ending of the series; half way through his rewrite he informed everyone that he was changing the ending from Dawson and Joey to Pacey and Joey. This was most likely brought on by Meredith Monroe telling Kw she could not give him the 2 or 3 weeks he needed her; to get the ending he wanted. So he changed the ending to Pacey and Joey, an ending he really did not want.

You can see from his Movie idea's; he wanted to fix that mistake.

The one thing I did not realize, was Julie Plec was the one who insisted on the hospital scene between Pacey and Andie, to give them closure, and it was most likely her who talked Meredith Monroe to fly to Wilmington To film those scenes.

When I was digging deep into the web to find out what happened at the end of Dawson's Creek, KW's last scene originally was going to be Pacey and Andie walking away to go to dinner. And I believe it was from Dawson and Joeys wedding.

It's amazing how time goes by and more and more comes out about the ending no one wanted. (except for P/J fanatics) and how they were forced into it.

Most telling is Kw's statements about if he wrote the movie, he more or less was going to fix it.

I believe I have my facts right.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Without going back and checking the article; I'm going to just give the gist of it.

There was some kind of reunion sponsored by E-tonight or E-something.Attending the reunion were; JVB, Joshua Jackson, Kerr Smith, Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams, Busy Phillips, Meredith Monroe, Kevin Williamson and Mary Beth Peil.

KW was asked what he would do if he wrote the movie. His reply is interesting as it fits perfectly with my and some others theories on what really happened to get the ending. also what is very ineresting is what KW said about the movie if he wrote it.

First KW and Julie Plec were not happy nor could they understand why Meredith Monroe (Andie) was written off the show

KW's plot goes like this: Dawson becomes Steven Spielberg and never finds love. Pacey and Joey get married have a couple of Kids, then a bitter divorce. (now what Pacey Andie fan did not see that coming.)

Pacey eventually finds his way back to Joey and they have peace. Notice nothing was said about Joey and Pacey resuming a Romantic relationship To me the next logical steps are Dawson and Joey find true love again with each other and Pacey who is on good terms with both of them is now free to go his own way. Andie?

When KW was writing the ending of the series; half way through his rewrite he informed everyone that he was changing the ending from Dawson and Joey to Pacey and Joey. This was most likely brought on by Meredith Monroe telling Kw she could not give him the 2 or 3 weeks he needed her; to get the ending he wanted. So he changed the ending to Pacey and Joey, an ending he really did not want.

You can see from his Movie idea's; he wanted to fix that mistake.

The one thing I did not realize, was Julie Plec was the one who insisted on the hospital scene between Pacey and Andie, to give them closure, and it was most likely her who talked Meredith Monroe to fly to Wilmington To film those scenes.

When I was digging deep into the web to find out what happened at the end of Dawson's Creek, KW's last scene originally was going to be Pacey and Andie walking away to go to dinner. And I believe it was from Dawson and Joeys wedding.

It's amazing how time goes by and more and more comes out about the ending no one wanted. (except for P/J fanatics) and how they were forced into it.

Most telling is Kw's statements about if he wrote the movie, he more or less was going to fix it.

I believe I have my facts right.
Great having you back on here, Tony. Excellent thoughts as usual.

I agree with your interpretation, 100%. I didn't know that about Julie Plec insisting on the hospital scene.

That ending with PA walking away to go to dinner gives me goosebumps. It should have freaken happened. I am so pissed that it didn't.

I love that Kevin said that PJ would have broken up. Totally fitting. Yes, you can absolutely tell he would have attempted to right a wrong.

Sorry but the pairings of DJ and PA were the anchor of this show. The show sunk to the bottom of the ocean after these pairings didn't get the happy endings that they deserved... and the true diehard fans deserved because it was the only ending that made a lick of sense.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Extreme Fan

When IMDB shut down its message boards, an excellent source of information was lost. It was amazing the little pieces of information that were out there. All one had to do was chase down the leads, put 2 or 3 together and come up with a valuable piece of information
One thing I noticed was the support for P/A increasing and the P/J support waning. I'm not sure if it was P/A fans coming out of the woodwork or the decided to become more vocal.

The phrase that I really enjoyed was; I used to root for P/J, but now I am P/A and give their reason why.

I wonder if anyone on this forum had a simular conversion and why.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When IMDB shut down its message boards, an excellent source of information was lost. It was amazing the little pieces of information that were out there. All one had to do was chase down the leads, put 2 or 3 together and come up with a valuable piece of information
Dang, that sucks. Why did IMBD shut down its message boards? Any reasoning?

Quote:
One thing I noticed was the support for P/A increasing and the P/J support waning. I'm not sure if it was P/A fans coming out of the woodwork or the decided to become more vocal.
I love hearing this. I still believe the vast majority of the main fanbase aka DJ & PA fans left around season 3 when it was clear the show was turning into a disaster. So then the PJ fans seemed like they outnumbered the main two ships which simply was never true.

Quote:
The phrase that I really enjoyed was; I used to root for P/J, but now I am P/A and give their reason why.
Nice to hear. I would love to ask those people how they ever rooted for PJ in the first place, however.

Quote:
I wonder if anyone on this forum had a simular conversion and why.
On this thread in particular? Nah, all of us (or almost all of us) have always liked DJ & PA. It would be interesting to check out the DC board to see if any of that has gone on.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Extreme Fan

"Dang, that sucks. Why did IMBD shut down its message boards? Any reasoning?"

The clousure came suddenly Every forum had a message they were closing the message boards.

The reason they gave was the boards were not working like they envisioned.

Translated in my opinion; was they were sick and tired of the incessant fighting and on several boards a vocal minority took over the discussion.

The two worst that I knew of was Dawson's Creek and Hart of Dixie.

Of course on Dawson's Creek It was the endless P/A P/J debate. I may be biased, but it was the P/J advocates that brought most of the nastiness to the board.

It' a shame they closed because the message boards were a wealth of information, and if it wasn't for IMDB, I would have never been able to come up with my theory of what happened on Dawson's Creek; which I posted on here and or on the Dawson Creek forum.

As it is turning out I was supprisingly accurate with my theory.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The clousure came suddenly Every forum had a message they were closing the message boards.

The reason they gave was the boards were not working like they envisioned.

Translated in my opinion; was they were sick and tired of the incessant fighting and on several boards a vocal minority took over the discussion.

The two worst that I knew of was Dawson's Creek and Hart of Dixie.

Of course on Dawson's Creek It was the endless P/A P/J debate. I may be biased, but it was the P/J advocates that brought most of the nastiness to the board.

It' a shame they closed because the message boards were a wealth of information, and if it wasn't for IMDB, I would have never been able to come up with my theory of what happened on Dawson's Creek; which I posted on here and or on the Dawson Creek forum.

As it is turning out I was supprisingly accurate with my theory.
Yes, you were indeed.

Wow, that's really too bad. I never really checked out those forums either, now I wish I would have. Are the forums still available for viewing or everything has vanished?
Old 08-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, you were indeed.

Wow, that's really too bad. I never really checked out those forums either, now I wish I would have. Are the forums still available for viewing or everything has vanished?
Unfortunately, the IMDB forums are totally gone.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Unfortunately, the IMDB forums are totally gone.
Really unfortunate.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Got it.

You didn't like Katie's acting style?
yes, but she always looked good every season with the fashion.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes, but she always looked good every season with the fashion.
She definitely looked great.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched pj so many times and people say oh how dawson acted in season 2 but what about pacey in season 4? he was a teenager as sara said in season 3.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I rewatched pj so many times and people say oh how dawson acted in season 2 but what about pacey in season 4? he was a teenager as sara said in season 3.
Season 4 Pacey was even worse than Season 3 Dawson because for Pacey, his annoying behavior went on ALL season long. What he did at the Prom was the worst even if it made sense why he went there. But it was a slow build for episodes, starting in 4.1. It was way longer, and way more annoying.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Season 4 Pacey was even worse than Season 3 Dawson because for Pacey, his annoying behavior went on ALL season long. What he did at the Prom was the worst even if it made sense why he went there. But it was a slow build for episodes, starting in 4.1. It was way longer, and way more annoying.
The ony good thing about season four was the return of Andie. The rst of season four was fairly repetitive. Joey and Pacey fight, Joey and Pacey make up, usuall with Joey winning some sort of moral victory. All through season four you could watch Pacey's decline. Every thing Andie did for him was torn down by Joey.

What Pacey did at the prom was wrong on so many levels, Joey deserved every bit of it.

What Pacey did at the Prom season four pales compared what he did to Andie season three prom. Tells Andie that it would be an honor to take her and first chance he gets is all over Joey.

Even though I think Pacey is still the guy for Andie, it wouldn't have ruined my day if she choose someone else.

There other instances where Pacey screwed over Andie starting with her admission of her indicrestion. The real Pacey would have understood that Andies actions were those of a young girl not sure of her sanity; who was also frightened and alone.

Besides where was Pacey's indignation with Joey's incessant flirtation with Dawson?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The ony good thing about season four was the return of Andie.
So true. Season 4 was overall awful. The only shining light was Meredith/Andie.

Quote:
The rst of season four was fairly repetitive. Joey and Pacey fight, Joey and Pacey make up, usuall with Joey winning some sort of moral victory.
I hated that so much. So well said... always a moral victory for saint Joey. It was nauseating. Season 4 demonstrated why Pacey/Joey never should have started their joke of a relationship... they were not meant to be anything but friends and not even good friends. They were oil and water romantically.

Quote:
All through season four you could watch Pacey's decline. Every thing Andie did for him was torn down by Joey.
Is it bad that I enjoyed this? Pacey picked this nightmare relationship and the more he circled the drain, the dumber he looked, the worse Joey looked for playing a part in his destruction, while amazing Andie looked brilliant. Whether it was TPTBs intention or not, that’s what happened and it was somewhat satisfying.

Quote:
What Pacey did at the prom was wrong on so many levels, Joey deserved every bit of it.
Yes and yes.

Quote:
What Pacey did at the Prom season four pales compared what he did to Andie season three prom. Tells Andie that it would be an honor to take her and first chance he gets is all over Joey.
Karma is a bit$h, Pacey. You deserved misery given what you did to Andie.

I still cannot believe the TPTB went there in season 3 given the precious season 2 Pacey/Andie relationship. It was insulting to everyone involved. They killed their own creation in Pacey/Andie (one of the best things this show ever produced) and were too stupid to realize it. They were so determined to make Katie/Joey the IT girl they ignored the two women on the show worthy of attention in Meredith and Michelle.

Quote:
Even though I think Pacey is still the guy for Andie, it wouldn't have ruined my day if she choose someone else.
Would you have been into Andie/Dawson temporarily? I think it would have been interesting seeing Andie/Dawson lick their wounds together, getting closer as friends and eventually exploring a romantic possibility while Pacey/Joey freaked out watching from afar. Joey almost needed antidepressants after seeing Dawson with Gretchen... Dawson/Jen, twice. Imagine both Pacey and Joey having to endure Dawson/Andie, lol.

Quote:
There other instances where Pacey screwed over Andie starting with her admission of her indicrestion. The real Pacey would have understood that Andies actions were those of a young girl not sure of her sanity; who was also frightened and alone.
As a Clinical Psychologist, it will always disgust me seeing Pacey throw Andie’s mental health in her face.

Quote:
Besides where was Pacey's indignation with Joey's incessant flirtation with Dawson?
Joey emotionally cheated on Pacey throughout their entire joke of a relationship. She willingly went there and couldn’t let go of Dawson. Andie was confused, lost and while she made a mistake and Pacey had every right to be hurt... the real Pacey would have understood and they would have worked through it. Instead he essentially holds mental health against her while watching Joey emotionally cheat on him. Ridiculous.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-10-2018 at 07:43 PM
Old 08-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

[quote]}Would you have been into Andie/Dawson temporarily? I think it would have been interesting seeing Andie/Dawson lick their wounds together, getting closer as friends and eventually exploring a romantic possibility while Pacey/Joey freaked out watching from afar. Joey almost needed antidepressants after seeing Dawson with Gretchen... Dawson/Jen, twice. Imagine both Pacey and Joey having to endure Dawson/Andie, lol.[quote]

To be honest A few years ago I couldn't even imagine Andie and Dawson together.
so, when i read the above I tried to imagine JVB and Meredith Monroe kissing......not happening. there is not a shred of sexual chemistry between them I know it would drive Joey and Pacey nuts and I wish I could go along with it, but I just can't. To me it would be wrong on so many levels.

Now what i can get behind is (Chris Pratt) Bright Wandering into Capeside and striking up a romance with Andie. Those two would really work and the sexual tension would be off the charts.

Well Joey and Pacey could always run into Dawson/Gretchen Andie/Bright on a double date.....You would get the same desired effect.

New subject.. If I ever start writing fanfiction again; A Bright/Andie story would be on my list of stories

What I find interesting is all the actors who portrayed the teens on Everwood went on to have good careers; who would have thought Chris Pratt would go on to be an "A" list mega star.

Last edited by TL22; 08-10-2018 at 08:28 PM Reason: I type faster then I can think
Closed Thread   Post New Thread