Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jake/Nina:

Can someone just slap the boringness out of Jake? The grand opening of Sam’s was so drawn out, I needed a pillow to rest on. He was going on about it like a child was born and not a restaurant was opening. And the restaurant, it’s classy it’s nice. But did they forget that they’re in Everwood. Everwoodians love their tater tots and the apple juice and they’re overheated coffee. They don’t know organic juices and standing in line for a cup of coffee. And neither do I.

Bright/Hannah

Hannah did get hot! Oh my goodness. Her hair straightened, she was gorgeous on their date. And of course Bright starts getting all normal and truthful and has to say the first words that come out of his mouth. Does Bright even have an ability to think before he speaks. I know he’s never exercised that talent, but he could have it. Of course the waitress on their first official, or second official date would be a girl that Bright dated. And sadly, not without fail, he didn’t remember her name however Hannah did remember her name quite well. Her name was Candice! And Hannah just catching on too quickly of Bright’s stupid comment about three dates and out. I felt so bad for Hannah. She thought Bright had moved on from the guy he was when they first met each other and he was still going through his ‘gotta land every girl in the county’ type of attitude. And now he’s a one-woman-guy, but he just needs a little fine tuning around the edges of his brain. I hated Hannah worried that their third date would be the last so she’s putting it off long as possible. But the carnival? How perfect is the carnival. It’s where Ephram and Amy met, well didn’t meet, but it’s where Ephram found out about Grover. I’m just wondering how Bright would impress her with a third date. Because IMO he tried to hard to impress her. Did he forget this is Hannah, the only girl who really listened to him and didn’t want to have meaningless sex with him and then move onto someone else. Or was Bright just afraid of impressing a girl that was really special and really important.

Harold/Andy:

I was finding Harold’s curiosity about Andy’s ten to three schedule quite humorous. He’s always looking for the underlining story, the story that keeps another person interesting. And of course the cookies and the scheduling would lead Harold’s mind to an affair. But Andy’s done the elusive affair, why do it again? We know he’s flawed, but he’s not entirely stupid. After Andy came clean about what he was doing, it all made sense. He’s constantly fighting with Ephram about everything. He doesn’t know what’s really going on with Delia half the time. He can’t seem to get time or anything to work with Nina. But the only thing to Andy that makes feel a home is surgery. He’s always felt in his element and at the top of his game performing surgery. And with him being in Everwood, that’s not possible. A surgery here and there, possible…absolutely. But not like three of those angioplasties on a daily basis. There’s not enough residents in Everwood to make all those surgeries happen. Did Andy say he had to complete those surgeries to remain a surgeon of medicine? I can’t remember, I didn’t seem to write that down lol. But it makes sense.

But I feel Harold was really hurt that Andy didn’t tell him. It wasn’t like Andy performing surgeries again was like cheating on Harold because he was going back to his roots of a different part of medicine. But it was really sad to see Harold just fall when finding out Andy didn’t tell him the littlest thing in his life. Harold has become a good friend of Andy and to Andy. He always values Andy’s opinion and would like to think Andy will always value his.

And of course, Harold’s twenty-three hour domino set up, all falls in one swoop with Andy shutting the door. And they don’t even get lunch at Sam’s after that. Poor Harold. But I gasped so hard when the first domino fell. Harold’s hard work just landing face down in front of him.

Ephram/Delia:

Ephram picking Delia up at school. That made her year! Her big brother picking her up from school. Even the popular girls were envious and some girls thought he was hot! Who wouldn’t right. She was so thankful that Ephram took time out of his day to just have lunch with her. And too bad Ephram had to see Amy at Sam’s. It was really great to see Delia so excited about something. She’s right, she does have a responsibilities. And IMO, it seems like she has to take sides. She’s Ephram’s sister, so she feels obligated to see how he’s feeling. And she’s also Andy’s daughter and is forced to live in the weird Dr. Brown’s house where he’s always Dr. Snarky and never really gives anyone a fair chance because he’s always doom and gloom with his feelings. Seriously man, just take charge once in a while.

Ephram/Amy:

I’ve seen the scene where Ephram and Amy talk in the restaurant and Amy said they were never friends. They never were. From day one Amy found this attraction to Ephram that she never knew existed. She certainly never felt it with any boy in Everwood. It was really sad to see Ephram wanting to be with Amy and he knew he messed up by leaving. And that I’m still a little upset at him for. I’m glad Amy stood her ground. She’s really hurt with how things happened. Ephram just left, sold the entire garage and left the country. Most people leave the state, he went to an entirely different country. It’s clear that all Amy wants is to be with Ephram, but she can’t let herself into his world again when he just shows up spilling his heart out to her. This is Ephram Brown, he spills out his heart a lot, so he’s got plenty of more chances to do that before Amy can forgive him. But can they be friends? Just friends? They’re at the type of friends that you wish for. The ones you can talk about everything with. Relationships, sex, parental issues…life. And there’s no apologies for what is said. Because it’s all realized and it’s all understood. I just hate t hat there are some things that Amy feels she can’t tell Ephram because of what he did…not just to her but to everyone. Ephram may not know this, but he matters to everyone in that town.

Andy/Nina:

I don’t know if I find it comforting or just nauseating that Andy went to Nina when he needed to talk about Ephram. IMO, they don’t have that type of relationship anymore. Nina made her choice when telling Andy that she chose Jake. That means she doesn’t want to be apart of Andy and his parental issues. It’s like Andy doesn’t realize that Nina has her own things going on and she’s not that girl next door (literally) that he can come and talk to at Mama Joys and always get a great resolution and some pie. It’s not the same anymore. I hate that. I hate th at Nina has put so much of her life and her world into Jake when I don’t see a future in it. HE KNOWS THAT NINA DOESN’T LOVE HIM. She loves him, but it’s not that love you build fifty or sixty years on and you’re there in the bad time and the really bad times and you take account for all the good things too. It’s startling to me that Andy feels that nothing has changed. And everything has changed. It’s just sad to me, that’s all.

Andy/Ephram:

How many fights can Ephram and Andy have before it’s one fight too many. Because to me, this is one fight too many. I get that Ephram is still pissed about Madison and he should be. But it’s like Ephram still sees Andy as the jerk that he was in New York before Julia died. The disconnected father who barely knew where his life was at outside of the operating room. Andy is doing the best he can. I agree, having Madison go away and never tell Ephram wasn’t a great move and then hiding it for a year knowing that the secret couldn’t stay buried forever. I can agree with both of them and I can disagree with both of them. Ephram has this idea that everything Andy does is out to get him? What about the beginning of season 3 when Ephram thought he and Andy could actually be friends and not enemies and could live not only in the same country or same state, but in the same house. They were finally…FINALLY at peace. And then it just gets blown straight out of proportion. Ephram had a right to be mad. But when is he gonna let it go and realize that there are other people in that house who would rather sit with the two people in her life that she loves the most and have a decent meal? I just can’t stand it. Why they do this to each other. Both of them…both Andy and Ephram say things to each other in their millions of fights to intentionally hurt each other. They’re both really good at doing that, and hurting themselves and Delia at the same time. When can these two babies finally grow up and realize they’re fighting because the love and respect they had for each other is wildling away piece by piece because they can’t seem to make it work. It’s really stupid in fact. I just hope it gets resolved soon, probably to my benefit, but we’ll see.

But we might have a peace offering since Ephram gave the check back.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Can someone just slap the boringness out of Jake? The grand opening of Sam’s was so drawn out, I needed a pillow to rest on. He was going on about it like a child was born and not a restaurant was opening. And the restaurant, it’s classy it’s nice. But did they forget that they’re in Everwood. Everwoodians love their tater tots and the apple juice and they’re overheated coffee. They don’t know organic juices and standing in line for a cup of coffee. And neither do I.
and I like Jake and I even often like boringness, but still...yeah. I, personally, would always choose a Mama Joy's vs a Sam's.

Quote:
I’m just wondering how Bright would impress her with a third date. Because IMO he tried to hard to impress her. Did he forget this is Hannah, the only girl who really listened to him and didn’t want to have meaningless sex with him and then move onto someone else. Or was Bright just afraid of impressing a girl that was really special and really important.
I think it was definitely the latter. Also, Bright has never dated a Hannah, so even though he knows her so well, he doesn't exactly know how to impress her. He did, of course, because that's Bright.

Quote:
But it was really sad to see Harold just fall when finding out Andy didn’t tell him the littlest thing in his life. Harold has become a good friend of Andy and to Andy. He always values Andy’s opinion and would like to think Andy will always value his.
Don't you just love the friendship they've grown to have? And how amazing is it that Harold is probably the better friend a lot of the time? Who would have thunk it!

Agreed on your take on Andy/Ephram for the most part. It might surprise you to find out, though, that some fans thought that Ephram was too easy on Andy and should have been even madder at him for much longer. Can you imagine having to relive all that for so long? Gah. As you said, we just want to get on with them reconnecting again already!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
It might surprise you to find out, though, that some fans thought that Ephram was too easy on Andy and should have been even madder at him for much longer. Can you imagine having to relive all that for so long? Gah. As you said, we just want to get on with them reconnecting again already!
easy? really? how more harsh could Ephram have been to Andy? He was basically writing him off in every way possible. Did some expect Ephram from Season 1 pop out and be all mean to Andy with reason? In Season 1 Ephram had a lot of hits deserved that went to Andy, but now? Andy made a mistake, yes. He's said he's sorry countless times. When is Ephram going to take into account he was thinking more about Ephram and his future than he was of Madison and the baby. I still think that Andy made the decision out of being a doctor and not a grandfather. If he did, I believe the outcome would've been different.

Quote:
Don't you just love the friendship they've grown to have? And how amazing is it that Harold is probably the better friend a lot of the time? Who would have thunk it!
I do love it! They have become friends. I think Harold would not have let any other doctor operate on Rose. He respects Andy as a friend and values him more than anything as a surgeon. I'm sure Harold has taken time out of his busy schedule to read Andy's accalaids and praises that he's aquired throughout his time in New York. Everyone else in Everwood seemed to have kept notes on the city doctor.

Quote:
I think it was definitely the latter. Also, Bright has never dated a Hannah, so even though he knows her so well, he doesn't exactly know how to impress her. He did, of course, because that's Bright.
I think Bright doesn't know how to have a real relationship. Just a guy dating a girl, no pre organized ideas. No plan to have sex on the first date. It's just Hannah, adorable and plain Hannah. As much as Bright adores that, it scars him. He doesn't know how to act around that. So he's learning all over again. And it's actually kind of nice. Brigh seeing another side of a relationsip that doesn't involve sex.

Quote:
and I like Jake and I even often like boringness, but still...yeah. I, personally, would always choose a Mama Joy's vs a Sam's.
I think Jake likes to carry on and make everyone love him more and more with each word passing. But me, I am not one of them. I just can't shake the feeling that he's gonna bolt when a commitment time comes.

And I do miss Mama Joy's too, but Everwoo needs to grow up a little bit and have ice dining tales and not the same tables that they're parents sat at on their first date sipping their malts and talking about the next high school football. Everwood needs to update sometime. Their last big update was Andy Brown moving to Everwood and changing an old train station dock to his office.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Can someone just slap the boringness out of Jake? The grand opening of Sam’s was so drawn out, I needed a pillow to rest on.
I totally agree. Absolutely ridiculous waste of Everwood time.
And, how annoying were the customers? So set in their ways. And, how funny was Bright trying to order?

Quote:
Hannah did get hot! Oh my goodness. Her hair straightened, she was gorgeous on their date.
She was always cute, but yes, she become stunning season 4.

Quote:
And of course Bright starts getting all normal and truthful and has to say the first words that come out of his mouth. Does Bright even have an ability to think before he speaks.
That was a really stupid, thoughtless thing to say.
Quote:
Harold/Andy:

I was finding Harold’s curiosity about Andy’s ten to three schedule quite humorous.
It was adorable. Harold really loves Andy. and the dominos? Hilarious.

Quote:
Ephram/Delia:

Ephram picking Delia up at school. That made her year! Her big brother picking her up from school. Even the popular girls were envious and some girls thought he was hot! Who wouldn’t right.
It's about time the girls in Everwood realized how hot Ephram is.
Ephram/Amy:

Yes, it was good that Amy stood her ground. Ephram really hurt her. He was angry at his dad...and life...and took everything out on Amy..who didn't deserve it.
I did, however, feel sorry for Ephram. I just can't help it.

Quote:
Andy/Nina:
I hate this change in Nina. Her relationship with the Browns has totally changed. She's no longer their Nina. She's Jake's Nina now. She doesn't want to displease him.

Quote:
Quote:
Andy/Ephram:

How many fights can Ephram and Andy have before it’s one fight too many.
Because to me, this is one fight too many.
As far as I am concerned..Ephram is acting like a huge spoiled brat here. Andy owes him? What's he talking about?!

Quote:
But we might have a peace offering since Ephram gave the check back.
I absolutely loved this scene, This was the beginning of Ephram's growth. And the look on Andy's face was beautiful.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
easy? really? how more harsh could Ephram have been to Andy? He was basically writing him off in every way possible. Did some expect Ephram from Season 1 pop out and be all mean to Andy with reason? In Season 1 Ephram had a lot of hits deserved that went to Andy, but now? Andy made a mistake, yes. He's said he's sorry countless times. When is Ephram going to take into account he was thinking more about Ephram and his future than he was of Madison and the baby. I still think that Andy made the decision out of being a doctor and not a grandfather. If he did, I believe the outcome would've been different.
Really. I agree with you completely. As Betty says, the end of the episode with the look on Andy's face, Andy needed that SO much. I can't imagine him having to go through another S1 again with Ephram. I don't think Andy would be able to hand it. I think Ephram would be so unlikable if he kept at Andy for too much longer. Luckily, Ephram is very likable in S4.

Quote:
I'm sure Harold has taken time out of his busy schedule to read Andy's accalaids and praises that he's aquired throughout his time in New York. Everyone else in Everwood seemed to have kept notes on the city doctor.
Andy is still the centre of attention in some ways, isn't he?

Quote:
I think Bright doesn't know how to have a real relationship. Just a guy dating a girl, no pre organized ideas. No plan to have sex on the first date. It's just Hannah, adorable and plain Hannah. As much as Bright adores that, it scars him. He doesn't know how to act around that. So he's learning all over again. And it's actually kind of nice. Brigh seeing another side of a relationsip that doesn't involve sex.
YES! So much yes. Bright is starting from the beginning just like Hannah is in a lot of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
It's about time the girls in Everwood realized how hot Ephram is.
So true. I bet Ephram was thinking "Damn, three years late!"

Quote:
Yes, it was good that Amy stood her ground. Ephram really hurt her. He was angry at his dad...and life...and took everything out on Amy..who didn't deserve it.
I did, however, feel sorry for Ephram. I just can't help it.
Hee, Ephram has the same sympathetic hurt puppy dog look that his dad has. It's impossible to stay mad at him! And believe me, Patricia, that means a lot coming from Betty, because what Ephram did at the end of S3 was so painful to watch.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Really. I agree with you completely. As Betty says, the end of the episode with the look on Andy's face, Andy needed that SO much. I can't imagine him having to go through another S1 again with Ephram. I don't think Andy would be able to hand it. I think Ephram would be so unlikable if he kept at Andy for too much longer. Luckily, Ephram is very likable in S4.

painful to watch in season 3 and 4. how far would Ephram take it. Yeah he was hurt. I'm just wondering what made Ephram just let it go, let Andy be the parent and him be the child...and not always trying to control everything. Seem fimiliar to anyone?

Quote:
Andy is still the centre of attention in some ways, isn't he?
of course. for the town who lives off of the same restaurant for fifty years and cant' hande a single change. that doesn't surprise me. it's really interesting how the everwoodians can handle a fest....wait when was the last time we had a good ole fashioned Everwood Festival? They had them what...every episode in Season 1 and in season 2 it was like nothing. I miss those...just a little though.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Aw, yeah, the festivals! I miss those too. A simpler time. I think early on in S1, part of the mission was obviously making it clear to the audience what this town was exactly. So we had the festivals and the townies and the play. After S1, the focus didn't need to be so much on who the town was, because we already knew, so the festivals and the townies went away for the most part.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Festivals for Season 5!

Yeah, having a festival for everything really put Everwood in a class of it's own as far as being called small town.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, you've definitely got to include another festival for S5!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

absolutely. but not thaw fest or winter fest, not something we've had before. Something new.

with all the docs in town, what about DOC FEST! or something corny. this is Everwood.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

Hee, a doc fest sounds like something Andy would come up with, so I could see it happening.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I vote for Harold to come up with that!

oooh....a pie fest!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Enjoyed the episode immediately because of Ephram being back. I really liked the Ephram/Amy scene in the beginning. You could feel the awkwardness and the tension there between them. It was a sweet scene. Didn’t like the restaurant one that much, Amy was giving him the cold shoulder but I understand it, she’s trying to protect herself from her own feelings.

I was glad that Ephram seemed to be good with Andy again and a lot lighter than he was when he left. He really did need that time to himself. Ephram SHOULD have to pay for his own place if he wants to move out. Like come on dude, that’s just common knowledge. lol. But it was nice to see some regular father/son arguments like before. Ephram is a little brat though blaming Andy for his Juilliard audition. Like did you forget Ephram that YOU chose not to audition? I’m getting tired of this. Andy made HUGE mistake with Madison but ultimately he was trying to protect his son. I’m annoyed that Ephram hasn’t realized that by now. Something about Andy paying Ephram money to have dinner with them is just wrong. Something about that I really dont like.

Poor Hannah worrying about when Bright was going to break up with her. They were pretty cute though, I am enjoying this storyline. She is good and different for him. When he said he wanted 80 more dates that was so sweet.

I really loved the Andy/Nina scene over the phone. It was nice to see him going to her for advice even after everything that went down with them. Though I do find it kind of odd they are just dismissing what happened there.

Jake IS boring, I agree with those comments. Something about this character has just never interested me all that much. I am kinda shocked how long he’s been on the show.

I loved the Bright and Ephram interactions. Their friendship has been one of my favorites from the beginning.

Another friendship I love? Andy and Harold! Those two are the best! I dont even care if they are fighting or getting along, I love them so much. Harold didn’t want Andy to get bored and leave! And when Andy said Harold didnt think he was funny and Harold goes, “you have your moments.” Oh my goodness. I haven’t loved a friendship between two grown men this much ever.

THE LAST EA SCENE. I love when Amy explained how she was feeling all summer and how hurt she was. When Ephram said "Yuu're over me?" OMG that hurt. Greg's acting was so good in that scene. He played Ephram so cold and like, strong almost in his earlier scenes but when he's around Amy, goodness, you can just see how vulnerable he is. His heart was breaking when Amy said they were never friends. But looking at it from Amy's perspective, she has EVERY RIGHT to feel this way and treat him this way. He left her. He abandoned their relationship and went to "discover himself" and now he just waltzes in and wants things to be okay? No dude, its gonna take some time to build that trust back up. But boy, did that hurt watching Ephram watch Amy in the diner. My heart....

Last edited by Alexa; 12-15-2017 at 07:07 PM
Old 12-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Enjoyed the episode immediately because of Ephram being back. I really liked the Ephram/Amy scene in the beginning. You could feel the awkwardness and the tension there between them. It was a sweet scene. Didn’t like the restaurant one that much, Amy was giving him the cold shoulder but I understand it, she’s trying to protect herself from her own feelings.

I was glad that Ephram seemed to be good with Andy again and a lot lighter than he was when he left. He really did need that time to himself. Ephram SHOULD have to pay for his own place if he wants to move out. Like come on dude, that’s just common knowledge. lol. But it was nice to see some regular father/son arguments like before. Ephram is a little brat though blaming Andy for his Juilliard audition. Like did you forget Ephram that YOU chose not to audition? I’m getting tired of this. Andy made HUGE mistake with Madison but ultimately he was trying to protect his son. I’m annoyed that Ephram hasn’t realized that by now. Something about Andy paying Ephram money to have dinner with them is just wrong. Something about that I really dont like.

Poor Hannah worrying about when Bright was going to break up with her. They were pretty cute though, I am enjoying this storyline. She is good and different for him. When he said he wanted 80 more dates that was so sweet.

I really loved the Andy/Nina scene over the phone. It was nice to see him going to her for advice even after everything that went down with them. Though I do find it kind of odd they are just dismissing what happened there.

Jake IS boring, I agree with those comments. Something about this character has just never interested me all that much. I am kinda shocked how long he’s been on the show.

I loved the Bright and Ephram interactions. Their friendship has been one of my favorites from the beginning.

Another friendship I love? Andy and Harold! Those two are the best! I dont even care if they are fighting or getting along, I love them so much. Harold didn’t want Andy to get bored and leave! And when Andy said Harold didnt think he was funny and Harold goes, “you have your moments.” Oh my goodness. I haven’t loved a friendship between two grown men this much ever.
Love and agree with all your thoughts.

Want to highlight this part:

Quote:

THE LAST EA SCENE. I love when Amy explained how she was feeling all summer and how hurt she was. When Ephram said "Yuu're over me?" OMG that hurt. Greg's acting was so good in that scene. He played Ephram so cold and like, strong almost in his earlier scenes but when he's around Amy, goodness, you can just see how vulnerable he is. His heart was breaking when Amy said they were never friends. But looking at it from Amy's perspective, she has EVERY RIGHT to feel this way and treat him this way. He left her. He abandoned their relationship and went to "discover himself" and now he just waltzes in and wants things to be okay? No dude, its gonna take some time to build that trust back up. But boy, did that hurt watching Ephram watch Amy in the diner. My heart....
100% agree! So well said. That's precisely how I was feeling about the situation. I loved how at least there was clear communication in this scene. Right before Ephram left for Europe the communication was so bad and unsettling. You are right... Ephram left Amy, abandoned her, made her think he didn't even see a forever (that Infinity Necklace scene when he laughed in her face about the seeing a forever bit) and he even left (both Amy and Bright) knowing Rose had cancer too. He cannot simply waltz back into her life and expect things to go back to their romantic relationship. He's actually lucky she's even going with honest communication and even talking to him. He should take that as a good sign but for her to give more right not is asking way too much. The scene was definitely heartbreaking because you could tell Amy deep down wanted to reunite just as much as Ephram but she was so scared and hurt and didn't want to hurt anymore. She just couldn't take that risk right then. The chemistry between Greg/Emily was magical.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. He was going through his own personal drama and needed time, I get that. But he didnt have to leave right when things were going so badly for the people around him. If anything, Rose's cancer should have put things into perspective for him. Made him realize he needed to be with the people he cared about, not away from them...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread