Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Berlanti was so great at dragging it out because of how he established Ephram/Amy in season 1. The foundation was so strong we knew it was happening. Yes, the Madison situation didn't help matters, not that people really cared about EM together romantically. I know I wasn't threatened by their relationship even if I was massively grossed out the entire time I had to see them on the screen together. More people were concerned with the adult/teen aspect (as well as Madison crossing the line due to working for Andy) over actually taking EM seriously. The pregnancy was a downer for everyone because it affected every main relationship of the series. I know some people wanted Ephram and/or Andy to keep the baby but I was never a fan of either scenario. This show was never about Ephram raising a baby or Andy for that matter given all the other gross issues surrounding the situation. The pregnancy was merely a bomb that could linger for a while and temporarily affecting the core relationships. However, even the pregnancy storyline was actually pretty well done. Like I said, it wasn't about actually bringing in a baby on the show. It was all about the reveal. Considering Madison was an irresponsible, not remotely wise grown adult on her own, she wasn't ready to raise a baby. The best route was always adoption. It just would have been nice for Ephram to know before it actually happened just so he could have been part of the process even if it was ultimately Madison's decision. Even if I can't stand her, it was her body and she owned the decision.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i hate baby storylines in general and being that ephram was a highschooler, it was even worse. I am just glad that we didnt have to see the baby. I am glad it was put up for adoption.

i didnt hate that ephram was in the dark because regardless, i think it would have lingered. and it allowed him to have angst after the fact, but yeah, it was just annoying knowing his kid was always out there.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I dislike baby storylines too. Yes, the fact that Ephram was in high school made it even worse. I am also glad if a baby storyline had to be in the mix, it wasn't about the baby. Thus, we didn't have to see the baby or have to endure Ephram or Andy raising the baby. This was always about the fallout.

Very annoying. I think if Ephram would have found out immediately it would have killed so many storylines. Ephram/Amy were just starting their romantic relationship. Ephram was figuring out piano stuff. His relationship was Andy was good, good friendship with Bright. Everything was clicking for Ephram. Had he found out immediately, we never would have seen the Ephram/Amy relationship during this time period. They would have probably been delayed until season 4 at the earliest and who knows, maybe not until the series finale. Had Ephram found out about the baby immediately we would have spent several episodes talking about the baby, maybe even seeing the baby after the birth, not to mention Madison's mug all over the screen. No thanks.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

At least Madison was not shown and we didnt have to hear about it for a while even if it was lurking in the background. We were able to sort of forget about that storyline and live in ignorance for a tiny bit lol.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
At least Madison was not shown and we didnt have to hear about it for a while even if it was lurking in the background. We were able to sort of forget about that storyline and live in ignorance for a tiny bit lol.
Yes, and then she came back like Poltergeist!
Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Harold never should have told Amy about Madison having Ephram’s baby. It broke her heart and it put her in a difficult position with Ephram, and when Ephram found out that Amy knew about the baby before he did, he lashed out at her and broke up with her and he said some incredibly hurtful things to her and broke her heart. God, I wish that Madison was never on this show and that Madisongate never happened.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I did appreciate this fact. Madison was a character we were never expected to care about. It was all about the trouble and heartache she caused others. That is why she was not largely involved... just enough to cause chaos. Her NY appearance was short but definitely not sweet. More like an evil nightmare. But throughout most of season 3 we never saw her mug which was a plus.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Harold never should have told Amy about Madison having Ephram’s baby. It broke her heart and it put her in a difficult position with Ephram, and when Ephram found out that Amy knew about the baby before he did, he lashed out at her and broke up with her and he said some incredibly hurtful things to her and broke her heart. God, I wish that Madison was never on this show and that Madisongate never happened.
Agreed. You make a great point and one that is hardly ever brought up. Harold absolutely never should have told Amy about Madison. This terrible news should have gone directly to Andy since Andy was his friend. Harold should have given Andy some time to tell Ephram and then Amy could have found out. Amy shouldn't have had to deal with it emotionally, process it and figure out a way to handle the situation. Way too much for her to take on since it wasn't about her and not her fault. Amy had to find out such shocking, devastating news, but to also learn that Ephram didn't know yet and he was shortly on his way to NYC. This should have been Andy telling Ephram and Ephram being the one to deal with everything. Instead, like you said, Ephram ridiculously lashed out at Amy, broke up with her, using her essentially as a punching bag temporarily... all because of his very own behavior. I didn't like it one bit and I never blamed Amy for delaying a reunion with Ephram either. He's actually lucky she eventually took him back.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

But look at it this way... if Amy found out after Ephram did she might not have had been as forgiving. Of course Ephram hadn't known, but he probably wouldn't have told her right away and then Amy would have been the one upset with him. She might have even broken up with him. Unfortunately I think the madison/baby thing was set out to destroy E/A regardless because the writers wanted that drama and angst for them. It was inevitable. And i am partly okay with it because i enjoyed watching them come back together in season 4 and pine.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
But look at it this way... if Amy found out after Ephram did she might not have had been as forgiving. Of course Ephram hadn't known, but he probably wouldn't have told her right away and then Amy would have been the one upset with him. She might have even broken up with him.
You make an excellent point! I hadn't thought of that and don't remember anyone talking about this in all these years either.

You are so right... it's very possible things would have been much worse for EA had Amy found out later and in a delayed manner. She seemed shocked and borderline heartbroken finding out in the manner that she did. But to find out later after everyone knew, maybe Ephram telling her in a delayed manner would have sent a shock but also pissed off emotions too. She probably would have been the one breaking up and it would have been about trust and lies as well which is difficult to recover from, especially when we're talking about the love of your life impregnating an ex and finding out in a delayed manner.

You are so right that it was meant to happen like it did and while it wasn't fun watching it all go down, it was the most painless scenario.

Quote:
Unfortunately I think the madison/baby thing was set out to destroy E/A regardless because the writers wanted that drama and angst for them. It was inevitable. And i am partly okay with it because i enjoyed watching them come back together in season 4 and pine.
You are right. I think from the end of season 2, Berlanti set it up so the end of season 3 was temporarily destroying two important dynamics in Andy/Ephram and Ephram/Amy. There was nothing stopping this temporarily trainwreck and the rebuild was definitely happening in season 4. I am with you, I loved watching them come back together slowly in season 4. I very much loved seeing their evolution. Ephram/Amy were always "together" even when apart and you never had any doubt if they'd be endgame either. You knew they would be so sitting back and watching the entire process was very interesting without stress or confusion.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-13-2017 at 05:29 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread