Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes I'm so excited to get to do this for everyone. And for me too. It's time to give the residents of Everwood, Colorado a proper goodbye. With a 22-episode (post) season!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
yes I'm so excited to get to do this for everyone. And for me too. It's time to give the residents of Everwood, Colorado a proper goodbye. With a 22-episode (post) season!
Do you already have an ending in mind? Not to get you to spoil it, hee, but just wondering.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have a basic outline for a midseason, 12th episode planned. But end of seaosn 5, not yet. I haven't really even thought about anything after episode 12
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
i have a basic outline for a midseason, 12th episode planned. But end of seaosn 5, not yet. I haven't really even thought about anything after episode 12
I think that's smart. See how the ending of S4 happens before seeing the end of S5. That's awesome that you've got half a season already outlined, though. *excited*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, I just hope I can do it justice and not make it boring
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Doing it justice is always going to be the hardest thing. It's such a special and unique show, and it can toe the line between being melodramatic or cheesy and just being perfect. That's what the charm of the show is: that it can get close to being cheesy, but rarely does, or close to being melodramatic, but never does. It's not easy to do! But you have done a fannnntastiiic job so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing you try it out!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*tear* thanks.

yeah, the show never went the cheesy route that I can remember. I'm glad that Ephram/Amy didn't have any cheesy parts, and Hannah/Bright haven't had either either...as of yet
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just have to laugh about the flared pants and the long scarves. Boy has style changed . Also Ephram, cut your hair.

Nina and Jake’s storyline was zzzz. New chick, who cares about her? And then he tells Nina that he just phases people out? Good gracious. Then Nina has to initiate the break up for him? LAME. Nina, run. However, the chick thinking they were still together after all that time? WTF.

Amanda and Andy sleeping together, ew. Even after everything that happened? I’m so done with this SL. Her calling him “Sweetheart” was icky too. Can they seriously not just WAIT until she knows whats going on with her husband?

LOL @ the scene with Delia tells Ephram that “it” was here meaning her period and he just yells “DAD!” Andy telling her coach she started her period was annoying but the coach pulling her for it and then yelling it out loud was just awful and gross. That coach should be fired! WTF!!!

Amy was a bit silly thinking she can get into a program when she hasn’t danced for years. Thats just irresponsible. Then she shows up to the audition late? Come on…

I really love the Amy/Delia scene because those two dont interact much and Delia doesnt have a sister and she really needed someone to talk to about this stuff.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just have to laugh about the flared pants and the long scarves. Boy has style changed . Also Ephram, cut your hair.
He not going to listen to you! Wasn't it hideous?
Quote:
Amanda and Andy sleeping together, ew. Even after everything that happened? I’m so done with this SL. Her calling him “Sweetheart” was icky too. Can they seriously not just WAIT until she knows whats going on with her husband?
I don't believe anyone was a fan of this relationship. Disgusting.

Quote:
LOL @ the scene with Delia tells Ephram that “it” was here meaning her period and he just yells “DAD!” Andy telling her coach she started her period was annoying but the coach pulling her for it and then yelling it out loud was just awful and gross. That coach should be fired! WTF!!!
Unbelievable that the coach would shout that out. So insensitive.
Quote:
I really love the Amy/Delia scene because those two dont interact much and Delia doesnt have a sister and she really needed someone to talk to about this stuff.
There weren't enough scenes between those two. THis show could have had so many more scenes with different people..Ephram/Nina...Ephram/Harold....Andy/Rose....Amy/Andy. The show seemed to stick to the same pairings.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It got way out of control at this point.

Quote:
Nina and Jake’s storyline was zzzz. New chick, who cares about her? And then he tells Nina that he just phases people out? Good gracious. Then Nina has to initiate the break up for him? LAME. Nina, run. However, the chick thinking they were still together after all that time? WTF.
So true!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. They are disgusting. I think that was the point. Then again, I believe I read that Greg Berlanti was shocked that so many people hated Heche's character. Like, really, Greg? Are you serious, dude?

Quote:
I hated this so much. Andy was stupid and of course did the wrong thing but he was just an idiot trying to help. The coach reacting in that manner was ridiculous.

Quote:
Amy was a bit silly thinking she can get into a program when she hasn’t danced for years. Thats just irresponsible. Then she shows up to the audition late? Come on…
That's so true.

Quote:
That scene was full of win. Back when it was airing live EVERYONE was begging the writers for more Amy/Delia. They were the stars of this episode, that last scene between them was just beautiful. We wanted more. Unfortunately we didn't get it. But I would like to believe off screen it should be assumed they are close sisters.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Administrator

I love seeing these old threads because they bring back so many wonderful memories of some of the incredibly eloquent people that used to post here.

I saw my post from 2005 here and yes, that was when I was dealing with a Cancer scare and going through treatment. I've been Cancer free since then.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-25-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I love seeing these old threads because they bring back so many wonderful memories of some of the incredibly eloquent people that used to post here.

I saw my post from 2005 here and yes, that was when I was dealing with a Cancer scare and going through treatment. I've been Cancer free since then.
I remember when you had that terribly serious issue with your esophagus/stomach.

Yes, it's really fun to check out old threads and see and feel the history of the board.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There weren't enough scenes between those two. THis show could have had so many more scenes with different people..Ephram/Nina...Ephram/Harold....Andy/Rose....Amy/Andy. The show seemed to stick to the same pairings.
Agree, it would have been nice to see some different interactions more often.

Quote:
We wanted more. Unfortunately we didn't get it.
Such a bummer!

Amanda seems like a nice person and i understand her struggle, but the problem with that SL imo is that she really doesnt seem to be feel all that sad or remorseful. I realize that its been a long time since the accident but like, at least to see her struggle more would make that relationship more bearable. It was like she was actively choosing to cheat and then also stay with her husband. If she was tired of being the caretaker then she needed to be honest with her husband. I get that its a difficult situation but cheating on him doesn't make things better. What would she do if he did get better?

Quote:
I love reading your old posts jerry because you write big reviews but you write in a way that is easy to read along with. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to read everyones posts but I always read yours. Ive been reading some of your older posts from the DC threads!

Thank God you are!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Amanda seems like a nice person and i understand her struggle, but the problem with that SL imo is that she really doesnt seem to be feel all that sad or remorseful.
That's very true. She basically put a victim tag on top of her head and almost came across as it was perfectly fine she was with Andy because she needed it, deserved it. We never saw her struggle in the least. Then again, I feel like the Andy/Amanda relationship was really about Andy and what he was going through... bleeding ulcer, affair with a married woman who happened to be the wife of one of his paralyzed patients. Horrible. Andy was punishing himself over the guilt he felt due to the Madison pregnancy situation and Ephram not knowing. So I think Amanda was basically another bleeding ulcer if that makes sense... the writer's didn't really care if we connected with her since it was all about seeing what Andy was doing to himself.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread