Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome. Yes, if I were to guess what it was, that's what I would have thought, but it's so hard to tell, which sucks. For all the hard work you do on your excellent site, it's a shame that they wouldn't make the credits more visible and not flying by the screen in a split second.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

I used to be so good but with this new VCR, it's hard to read on the second viewing.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, for me, I am certainly in need of a new VCR. I think I have had this same one for five years now and it keeps needing to be cleaned, which tells me its on its last leg.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also noticed how Hannah was totally watching Bright during all of this. Hannah so loves Bright! Hopefully something will transpire between these two because they have huge potential in the romance department.
I noticed and....I agree.She's totally into him....something's bound to happen!

-Loved the opening scene.

-Jake/Nina-I find them ubber cute I love Jake and I hope nothing from his past's gonna come up coz I'm tired of all the drama.

-Andy/Amanda-I know it's wrong and it obviously can't end up well,but they DO have a lot of chemistry together.I loved their last scene,when they started talking about their day.

-Delia-Vivien really surprised me when Delia started to talk about her mom and how she needed her....that was great acting!

-Delia/Amy-Just the kind of scenes that make you remember why you love this show.It was casual, yet important to Delia....really great scene.

-Harold/Amy- Harold was right all along about Amy panicking.That really was it but I thought it was [as usual with Amy's storylines] very well done.

-Ephram/Amy-Just perfect.These two have a lot of things to figure out on their own but I hope they'll stick together through it all.

Overall,it was a good episode.The kind that makes me love the show.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd
-Delia/Amy-Just the kind of scenes that make you remember why you love this show.It was casual, yet important to Delia....really great scene.
I love the way you put this. That scene was a perfect example of how extraordinary this show really is, and why you love it so much. Like you said, it was such a casual scene, but the words exchanged were so important and meaningful. Flawless scene in my book, and quite honestly, one of the best ones, ever, on this outstanding show.

Quote:
-Ephram/Amy-Just perfect.These two have a lot of things to figure out on their own but I hope they'll stick together through it all.
So true, Spy. Their interaction in this episode was perfection. They, indeed, have tons of things to figure out and get through, but if this episode was any indication of if their love will guide them through it all, then I have come to the conclusion that I would certainly bet on these two.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Please,call me Caro

Quote:
Flawless scene in my book, and quite honestly, one of the best ones, ever, on this outstanding show
Yeah.Plus,Emily was just perfect.I mean,she always is but this time....there was no flaw,it was the perfect tone and mood...and pretty much everything.That girl shines on screen,I tell you.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd
Please,call me Caro
Will do.

Regarding EVC.. This girl continues to blow me away. She graces the screen with a flawless beauty and talent that consumes you. It seems so effortless with her. So natural and compelling. So much so, that I could even see glimpses of Emily/Vivien in that scene in addition to Amy/Delia. In other words, the realness in that scene almost made me forget that I was watching a TV show. Amazing.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm. My thoughts on this episode...hmm...

Well, as I said before: I liked it overall. I've gradually converted to a Nina/Jake person, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they finally got together. I like the slow progression that their relationship has taken, but I'm afraid that they are just using him to make Andy realize that he has feelings for Nina (an old tv cliche' to be sure). Also, even if I didn't like the whole 'afraid to make anyone mad' angle, I guess it did serve its purpose in moving Jake and Nina's romance along. Of course, I'm also in agreement that he probably has another skeleton or two in that closet of his, but only time will tell.

I thought that Delia's "Aunt Flow" story was pretty well done. Ephram's reaction was hilarious, and I found the scene in the drugstore highly amusing as well. I knew exactly what Dr. Brown was going to end up doing as soon as Delia mentioned hockey, and I was yelling at the screen when he went down to talk to the coach. I felt so sorry for poor Delia. It was a nice bit of continuity to show her playing hockey though, as I seem to remember Andy mentioning her going to practice in at least one earlier episode. The nicest part of the whole thing was the Amy/Delia scene at the end. Since they are beating me over the head with the Amanda/Andy stuff, I was afraid that Amanda was going to be the one to talk to Delia. Imagine my delight when we got the wonderful end scene instead.

Of course, that does bring me to Andy and Amanda (unfortunately) Their scenes together did nothing to progress along the story. They pretty much just served to deepen the intense feelings of dislake that I have for Andy now. I hate Berlanti and Co. for taking this direction with Dr. Brown. Never before has a show that is otherwise well written made such a poor storyline decision (in my opinion anyway) resulting in me pretty much loathing a character that had been one of my favorites. Andy has always been the sometimes befuddled, always rash doctor who usually has the good sense and moral fortitude to put things right when he messes up or does something wrong. Instead of that, I'm getting this Bizarro Andy McCheaterson and his greatest infidelity hits tour. Right now I'm hoping for a medical miracle for John so he can come in and lay the smack down on Andy (preferably with a couple of punches to the head ), and kick that two timing hussy Amanda to the curb where she belongs.

The Amy storyline didn't do anything for me. I knew from the start that she wasn't going to get in the class, and I pretty much figured that she'd throw herself insanely into preparing for it, causing her father and Ephram to question her sanity. It's a formula that they've used before, and with much better results IMHO. It fits in with Amy's personality and all, and there is obviously a precedent for Amy's interest in dancing, but the whole thing just felt kind of forced....kind of like it was just an excuse for Ephram to have his 'supportive boyfriend' talks to finally knock some sense into Amy's thick noggin.

Next week looks interesting. I'm looking forward to Nina laying into Andy, and I'm also more than a bit interested in what prompts the whole ditching school scenario.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Regarding Jake

Earlier in this thread someone made a comment about a wolf in sheep's clothing. I hadn't heard that interview before but, despite that, I've been speculating about something since Jake 1st came to town. It seemed pretty clear right away that Jake/Nina seemed like to happen. Yet we all *know* Nina is meant for Andy {grin} so no J/N pairing could last forever. And something about Jake rubbed me wrong from the start. I was thinking maybe Jake would wind up being a batterer. (pure speculation, BTW) That would give special significance to the observation that Jake doesn't like to hurt/upset people. Particularly since batterers are often from abusive households themselves.

Maybe Jake is overly eager to please because he learned as a child that upsetting people can lead to violence?

Oh, why did I let myself go down this road?! Cuz now that whole wolf comment has me thinking this may go another step further down the road... what if Jake's a pedophile (particularly one who prefers boys). Nina... vulnerable single mother of a young boy...

Please don't let the show go all Law and Order:SVU on us. But as noted above, they've got the guy who was cheated on involved in an extramarital affair... so who knows where they'll draw the line?

Aquillea
Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
I'm getting this Bizarro Andy McCheaterson and his greatest infidelity hits tour.
The best line, ever.

Aquillea.. I was the one that posted that quote from Scott Wolf regarding Jake. Of course, I cannot recollect exactly what interview it was, but I know I read it over at Fanbolt a few months back. I really want to like Jake and hope that his only secret in his past was regarding his practice but I hightly doubt Scott's comments about Jake pertained to this secret. Unfortunately, there has to be more, and your spec interests me because I could see it being something relative to abuse. Although, I still can't shake the feeling that he is somehow out for revenge on the Brown's or Abbott's. Funny how he knew Harold's father and was well aware of the infamous Dr. Brown. And just so happens to take over the office space that Harold and his father had been practicing in for multiple years. Something is not right there. If I had to guess, I would say that he is somehow connected to the Abbott's. Maybe a long lost son of Edna? That's the other thing.. Edna just happened to move on over to his practice. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Rocket Brown

Even if she gives up hockey, I hope Delia ends up pursuing another sport. The Brown men are both gifted; why shouldn't Delia be? Athletic talent could be her gift. As Ephram mentioned, it would be one that nobody else in the family has. Her team hat wearing, while curtailed as a result of increasing femininity, shows she has been at least interested in sports all along. Did it mean anything when she mentioned gymnastics? I hope that's not the case. Most of the top female gymnasts are 14-17 years old and started serious training well before Delia's age of eleven. How about soccer?
Was anyone else amused at the idea of Ephram trying out for basketball?

By the way; Everwood has a Thai takeout place?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm...

Interesting theory, Wilpen. I prefer batterer to vengeance because it seems more realistic... the dirty little secrets people keep kind of thing. Thus it would fit into themes like Irma's secret pothouse, the off-hours abortion procedures, sending the pregnant girlfriend away, the jock's sexual preferences. I don't think the show has tackled spousal abuse or the like yet, has it? And I think Nina wouldn't be a bad choice for such a storyline because she can be fiesty so you'd never think she could get involved in a relationship like that... yet how many times do people say just that when such revelations are made? Although on the one hand I wouldn't like it because the poor girl has already been married to a gay guy - I could also see it on the level where, afterwards, she starts questioning if she's attracted to men with dark secrets like a moth to a flame. Whether there's something wrong with *her*. We know she wondered that when her hubby showed less and less interest in being with her.

In contrast, in real life, how many people move to a town because they have secret vendettas?

On the other hand, given that one of the appealing things about this show is that it will show more than one side to an issue... if Jake *were* to turn out to be an abuser, I really *would* like them to delve into how he probably got to be that way because of abuse he suffered or witnessed. But the wolf in sheep's clothing comment seems more ainister than an even-handed treatment of this subject matter would be. It *does* sound more vendetta-like.

Jake's knowledge of the Abbotts and Browns *could* fit into an abuser stroyline tho'. Don't abusers have control issues? Jake may have chosen Everwood because the story on Dr. Brown made it a high-profile place to retreat to. The story included Amy and perhaps it was mentioned she was the daughter of a local family physician. As someone with control issues, Jake may then have done research on the doctors who alrey called Everwood home. {shrug}

:-)
I should stop. I should have learned my lesson after all the grand speculation I did at the end of Season 3 (I think) of Angel. God, if only the reality of Season 4 had come even remotely close to the speculation. {sigh} It hardly ever actually does, does it? {smirk}

Aquillea
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I so want Delia to remain a jock. I have always been an athlete and I played basketball, soccer, and softball at Delia's age (well, since I was practically out of diapers.. lol) Then, I concentrated solely on basketball and soccer in high school and got a full ride in college for soccer. So, coming from a female athlete, I would love for Delia to continue on with sports. Soccer would be an outstanding option for her. Who knows, maybe it was foreshadowing whenever Ephram mentioned that she is the athlete of the family. I could see amazing things for her in a sport of some kind. Heck, like Amy said, she shouldn't have to give up hockey. They now give out hockey scholarships for female athletes. Yeah, I want Delia to remain an athlete. I so see that as her passion.

RE: Everwood and the Thai restaurant. That was all kinds of funny. I mean, they have a restaurant that is a combination of Chinese/Italian, so I'm thinking that they don't have too many specialty restaurants around.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm not so sure about soccer since that involves no hands and both Ephram and Andy's talents reside in their hands. I wrote a short essay on the importance of hands in Everwood last year. I could go looking around for it if anyone's interested.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Aquillea.. Outstanding spec. I totally see the abuser theory. It would fit nicely into how Nina would be involved. She definitely would start questioning why she has a tendency to choose men with secrets, etc. I also like your theory of how he could have researched the Brown's and Abbott's and that's why he has such knowledge about them. I never thought of that. Yeah, it's way up in the air as to what Jake is all about. The other word Scott used to describe Jake was "diabolical." Strong, strong word.

Gaby. I would love to see that essay. You make an outstanding point about the hands for the Brown family. Delia playing hockey would definitely fall in line with that. Even basketball.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread