Old 10-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That's hilarious, Shu.

When did you first tune in?
2010. I know I was late to the game, but I binged seasons 1-4 in five months which isn’t really a binge
Old 10-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
2010. I know I was late to the game, but I binged seasons 1-4 in five months which isn’t really a binge
Haha, awesome. Thankfully Jerry got you to tune in! Were you guys posting together on a certain boat or privately he told you to check it out?
Old 10-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Haha, awesome. Thankfully Jerry got you to tune in! Were you guys posting together on a certain boat or privately he told you to check it out?
He mentioned it during Gilmore Girls a lot.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He mentioned it during Gilmore Girls a lot.
Ah, okay.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Makes sense. Do you watch any German or British shows?
German, no. Not in the last 10 years at the very least, I don't recall anything past the early 2000s. Humans is British. And Moone Boy is a British-Irish collaboration... although it's very Irish, to be fair. I might well have tuned in for other British shows, but my memory's a bit foggy there... Sherlock, I've seen some of that, but that was before I even moved here... and I kind of lost track of it, too.

Quote:
Definitely. What a story. Your friend from the Netherlands started your Everwood journey. That's neat. Jerry D (our Administrator) started mine. I met Jerry on the Dawson's Creek board and he told me there was a show called Everwood that I just had to check out. He explained how different it was from Dawson's Creek, it was Berlanti's baby, and the quality was off the charts. I checked it out and the rest is history.
Yeah, I'm quite thankful to her for that. That's quite lucky for you, too, then - with Jerry starting your journey. It's nice to see that word-of-mouth (figuratively speaking) is still alive and well.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
German, no. Not in the last 10 years at the very least, I don't recall anything past the early 2000s. Humans is British. And Moone Boy is a British-Irish collaboration... although it's very Irish, to be fair. I might well have tuned in for other British shows, but my memory's a bit foggy there... Sherlock, I've seen some of that, but that was before I even moved here... and I kind of lost track of it, too.
Does Germany have a selection of shows you just don’t like or Germany’s TV industry isn’t that big? Have you ever watched Doctor Who?

Quote:
Yeah, I'm quite thankful to her for that. That's quite lucky for you, too, then - with Jerry starting your journey. It's nice to see that word-of-mouth (figuratively speaking) is still alive and well.
It is really cool. I couldn’t imagine never finding Everwood. It’s a terrifying thought.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say that The Netherlands has very limited good TV Shows, so it Germany is anything like that...there isn't much.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahem - there are a few shows my parents like, and they get angry at me for trashing those... but, yeah, I do think it's pretty much all trash. And it makes sense, because it's so much cheaper to buy the rights to a successful American show than it would be to actually try and produce a good one. There was a hilarious one in the early 2000s - about a very, umm, unsentimental and dry-humored teenage girl and her hippie parents. That one wasn't too bad. That being said, I was a kid when I watched it, and I think my tastes may have been less.. sophisticated back then.

(Also, German TV shows stay in Germany, and I haven't lived there in an eternity, so that's also a reason I haven't watched any. To be fair, I'll therefore have to say that I cannot truly comment on the current TV landscape in Germany.)

I have seen a few episodes of Doctor Who... but that was in 2008, maybe, and it was dubbed and they started it with the 2005 version of the show, which felt like dropping into a very complex story without background knowledge, and it didn't make sense to me whatsoever (again, I was relatively young, too). I'm sure it's a great show, considering its success, but I haven't dared venture into that again. Also because the concept of it didn't really speak to me... I'm not much of a sci-fi/mystery/fantasy kind of person.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Revenge is on amazon prime. They only have season one up and I find myself getting sucked in again. Gosh, I loved Jack and Emily.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Ahem - there are a few shows my parents like, and they get angry at me for trashing those... but, yeah, I do think it's pretty much all trash. And it makes sense, because it's so much cheaper to buy the rights to a successful American show than it would be to actually try and produce a good one. There was a hilarious one in the early 2000s - about a very, umm, unsentimental and dry-humored teenage girl and her hippie parents. That one wasn't too bad. That being said, I was a kid when I watched it, and I think my tastes may have been less.. sophisticated back then.

(Also, German TV shows stay in Germany, and I haven't lived there in an eternity, so that's also a reason I haven't watched any. To be fair, I'll therefore have to say that I cannot truly comment on the current TV landscape in Germany.)

I have seen a few episodes of Doctor Who... but that was in 2008, maybe, and it was dubbed and they started it with the 2005 version of the show, which felt like dropping into a very complex story without background knowledge, and it didn't make sense to me whatsoever (again, I was relatively young, too). I'm sure it's a great show, considering its success, but I haven't dared venture into that again. Also because the concept of it didn't really speak to me... I'm not much of a sci-fi/mystery/fantasy kind of person.
Interesting.

I started watching Doctor Who and really liked it initially but then I just fell out out of love with it and stopped watching. It's definitely a high quality show. The concept of having a different Doctor is kind of cool but it also means you have to say goodbye to the actors and the pairings. I really loved The Doctor and Rose. Their break up gutted me. I like Everwood endings better. LOL.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Revenge is on amazon prime. They only have season one up and I find myself getting sucked in again. Gosh, I loved Jack and Emily.
Oh man, me too, Shu. Speaking of wonderful happy endings for a ship. I would love to watch some Emily/Jack scenes.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I have to say that The Netherlands has very limited good TV Shows, so it Germany is anything like that...there isn't much.
What does Nadine typically watch for shows (if any)?
Old 11-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love coming across articles highlighting how amazingly brilliant Emily is as Amy during the depression storyline:

Quote:
9. The Show's Spot-On Depression Storyline
Everwood never shied away from telling difficult stories, and Amy's depression no different. To this day, Amy's Season 2 arc is one of the most realistic depictions of teenage depression I have ever seen on television. It is brutally honest and respectfully told, and definitely a good reason to revisit the show.
Rest of article: 11 Reasons Why 'Everwood' Is The Classic WB Show You Need To Revisit Right Now
Old 11-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What does Nadine typically watch for shows (if any)?
She watches alot of Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
She watches alot of Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I see. Good that she has both. She’s probably so busy she doesn’t have a lot of time to watch shows?

How is The Resident?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread