Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Surprisingly I also like the anti social doctor though her bedside manners are like WTF . I like her precision though.
I love her!

Quote:
I also have to agree that we did not get to see Emily that much. Does it improve the second episode?

I do like the way Conrad treats Bell though. I have to give him that. I just dislike his smug arrogance and his I am the best and so cool attitude. If he loses it, he will be far more enjoyable to watch.
How should he address a doctor who is so arrogant that he would endanger a patient's life rather than admit he is no longer capable?

Koni, watch the second half. There is more of Emily and Conrad may grow on you.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

How should he address a doctor who is so arrogant that he would endanger a patient's life rather than admit he is no longer capable?
It's one thing how he treats Bell and completely different how he treats the rest . I love his attitude with Bell and I commended him for that. However he is that arrogant with everyone and that for me is not enjoyable.

Quote:
Koni, watch the second half. There is more of Emily and Conrad may grow on you.
I will and will let you know how I see it .
Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, Emily's screen time picks up in the second half and following episode.

Your take on Conrad is interesting. I absolutely love him. Part of it is Matt, the other part is I feel his heart. I don't see him as arrogant. I see him as confident and someone who wants to do everything possible to help people while taking down the bad guys like insurance companies that stand in the way. We have an entirely different take but that's okay! Like Betty said maybe you'll see Conrad differently once you see him more. Or maybe not. I kind of hope you do because I can't see you continuing to watch if you hate Conrad. I know I probably couldn't continue watching, even for Emily. He plays way too big of a part.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I fully admit that I tend to like confident and somewhat arrogant male characters. So, we are probably destined to disagree. I liked him in the promo too. I believe that he is a lot of heart and his swagger.
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Loved Emily's acting in that scene though. Man how much she conveyed with just her face. It was really awesome.
That scene right there defines the acting chops and depth known as EVC. She's just so good. Blows me away.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes, Emily's screen time picks up in the second half and following episode.
That's good.

Quote:
Your take on Conrad is interesting. I absolutely love him. Part of it is Matt, the other part is I feel his heart. I don't see him as arrogant. I see him as confident and someone who wants to do everything possible to help people while taking down the bad guys like insurance companies that stand in the way. We have an entirely different take but that's okay! Like Betty said maybe you'll see Conrad differently once you see him more. Or maybe not. I kind of hope you do because I can't see you continuing to watch if you hate Conrad. I know I probably couldn't continue watching, even for Emily. He plays way too big of a part.
I have watched Matt only in two shows aside this one. Veronica Mars and The Good Wife. To be honest in both of them he had slight arrogance, but here it's just a bit too much. So I might have issue with the actor himself.

It's not about the way he handles stuff because I actually agree with all of that and I agree with you on all accounts. What I can't stand is the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he looks at people. He is like all "I'm a God" and he is not. Sorry. I did not see anything exceptional of him. Random fact - hate his tatoos.

His character kind or reminds me of House as far as arrogance goes, but he does not have the charisma that House had as a character., nor the smarts and the brain. Also it does not fit with his years. He is way too young to be that arrogant and confident.

I do hope that I will see him in better light because right now he is not interesting for me.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's good.

I have watched Matt only in two shows aside this one. Veronica Mars and The Good Wife. To be honest in both of them he had slight arrogance, but here it's just a bit too much. So I might have issue with the actor himself.

It's not about the way he handles stuff because I actually agree with all of that and I agree with you on all accounts. What I can't stand is the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he looks at people. He is like all "I'm a God" and he is not. Sorry. I did not see anything exceptional of him. Random fact - hate his tatoos.

His character kind or reminds me of House as far as arrogance goes, but he does not have the charisma that House had as a character., nor the smarts and the brain. Also it does not fit with his years. He is way too young to be that arrogant and confident.

I do hope that I will see him in better light because right now he is not interesting for me.
It's so weird because you know how much I despise arrogance. I don't see it like that... I see him as confident and charming. I don't find him arrogant, not on the job. Now when we learn more about his story with Nic, I have a feeling my thoughts will be a bit different.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's so weird because you know how much I despise arrogance. I don't see it like that... I see him as confident and charming. I don't find him arrogant, not on the job. Now when we learn more about his story with Nic, I have a feeling my thoughts will be a bit different.
I saw him arrogant in the promo and I still see him now. From the first scene of him with that drink .

It will be interesting to see his story with Nic . Agree. Obviously there is something there.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I saw him arrogant in the promo and I still see him now. From the first scene of him with that drink .

It will be interesting to see his story with Nic . Agree. Obviously there is something there.
I think for me the empathy part is in full swing. I feel his love for the greater good, for his patients, especially the ones that need help even financially. He wants to save those people in the worst way, you can feel it in every fiber of his being. The empathy part, I feel his love for humans and how he wants to help. He has to do what he has to do in order to get there. If he was a softie he'd get eaten alive by the politics and sharks in his way.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think for me the empathy part is in full swing. I feel his love for the greater good, for his patients, especially the ones that need help even financially. He wants to save those people in the worst way, you can feel it in every fiber of his being. The empathy part, I feel his love for humans and how he wants to help. He has to do what he has to do in order to get there. If he was a softie he'd get eaten alive by the politics and sharks in his way.
For me one thing does not justify the other. I don't need him to be softie. I need him to be normal and less smug, arrogant, acting know it all. I don't see Nic being arrogant jerk and yet I still liker her and feel that she fits in nice in the environment.

Also again his confidence does not pay off. He did not do anything exceptional in that Pilot. Whatever he did is normal for his age and experience. If I had seen his brains and smarts I would have liked his confidence. As of now he is more confident than capable.

He knows how to play the game with Bell and I completely enjoyed that. That idiot deserved it. Love the way he played him. I just think that Conrad needs to tone it down with other people in the hospital.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Hopefully you like him better in the coming episodes. I'm not sure you will now though, lol.

I am way more focused on what's inside of him, his heart, the empathy aspect whereas you're looking more at the peripheral aspects. I think it's just how we tick, the way we pick up on things.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

He does starts better in the second episode. At least in the 13 minutes I enjoy him more. Let's hope that it continues this way.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How’s it going?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
How’s it going?
I was really sleepy so I will watch the rest today . Overall the second episode does show him in different light. At least from what I saw. It's good that they did it with the second episode. At least for me .
Old 01-30-2018, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I was really sleepy so I will watch the rest today . Overall the second episode does show him in different light. At least from what I saw. It's good that they did it with the second episode. At least for me .
Cool. If you could just get to a place where you don't flat out dislike him, it might allow you to watch more. We'll see.

I haven't watched last night's episode just yet. I watched Supergirl last night and could barely keep my eyes open while watching the episode (watched it delayed around 10) so crashed shortly after the episode concluded. I'll watch the episode within the next hour once I've gotten some work done.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread