Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Coming from not America but Canada makes a differene
Explain..please.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Explain..please.
What dafuq did I just wrote. I think those actors not from the USA are more careful about their lifestyle. Don't know if true.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
What dafuq did I just wrote. I think those actors not from the USA are more careful about their lifestyle. Don't know if true.
I really don't know what dafug you wrote. All I can say is: Emily is a down to Earth/grounded/classy person because she has a wonderful character. Where she's from has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I never said that everything I write all day long makes perfectly sense to anybody else. Maybe it's also because she has a loving family and started acting when she was 16 (before that she didn't really have roles) and had a lot of luck with getting steady work and on good healthy shows. And what you said is true.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I never said that everything I write all day long makes perfectly sense to anybody else.
What you wrote made perfect sense to everyone, and you know that.
This is the last I'm going to say on the topic. Americans don't enjoy these little "innocent" digs. My 3 children can match Emily any day of the week in integrity, class, and character. They grew up in good old NJ, USA. Children with good DNA, good parents, good character will turn out wonderfully no matter what country they grow up in. General statements regarding the country where someone is brought up is wrong.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sry. Didn't want to insult anybody on the board.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I even think that it's about character. I mean sometimes people turn out to be pretty good even though they didn't live in the best environment with the best parents in the world.

I personally like a lot that Emily is not the person to go after the fame. Of course I don't know her personally, but to me she looks like sweet down to earth girl. She is my age (well with 3 months difference) so I think that she acts really in her age like every normal girl/woman that age. I don't feel woman hence the girl reference. I don't know what is the reason, but it's cool that she acts like a normal person as much as possible and not as some super star. It's quite refreshing.

I've watched that interview when I started watching Revenge and she is really funny bubbly personality. So different than her character on Revenge. Very natural and smart. I like how she expresses herself with ease, it proves once more her intelligence.

Then again I wonder myself how much of this image that most actors are with super sized ego is true. Sure there are people like that, but I've watched enough interviews with celebrities and some of them are quite normal, goofy personalities that like to joke around even with themselves. So I guess not all of them act like they are something more than the other people.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sandra Bullock and Taylor Swift are two American celebrities that are as down to earth and sweet as Emily. Both are even way more successful and evolved in their profession and they still have that sweet, grounded, down to earth energy.

Greg Smith is American/Canadian and is the male form of a down to earth, grounded Emily-like personality.

Emily might not act Hollywood but she certainly has a nice Hollywood home. LOL

Here
Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Her home in Hollywood looks awesome and yet it's still very reasonable and normal. I mean it's not a frigging mansion with 10 bedrooms .

Zachary Levi is very down to earth man too. I've watched interviews with him, he totally forget that he's an actor and acts like a total geek. Greg is down to earth too I agree .
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Her home in Hollywood looks awesome and yet it's still very reasonable and normal. I mean it's not a frigging mansion with 10 bedrooms .
Exactly! It's very modest. I also find it interesting that she doesn't have an ocean view, she has a canyon view. I feel like it goes along with her personality. More privacy, even in the Hollywood area she found a place that has a wilderness type of area which allows her to be out of the spotlight.

Quote:
Zachary Levi is very down to earth man too. I've watched interviews with him, he totally forget that he's an actor and acts like a total geek. Greg is down to earth too I agree .
Agreed. He really is down to earth and sweet. His personality is not that far off from Chuck on Chuck.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah you're right. It's also interesting and original, because I assume that most of the actors in Hollywood would want an ocean view. The canyon might remind her a bit of Everwood . I've read interviews that they all liked the scenery. Was it in Utah?

Greg even went on a ski trip there with his castmates from Rookie Blue. It's cool that they like this place and have such good memories from filming the show.

That reminds me of another actor that I like a lot - Jesse Spencer, the guy loves the ocean view because he is surfing. He's really down to earth. He jokes with himself, he acts totally natural in interviews, he plays in a band for charity. That goes for all actors in the Band from TV though. They all go to concerts in their free time to gather money for charity and they give all the money they've raised to charities, there is nothing for them. I think that it's cool. They've raised so far like 2 million dollars.

Ah yes Zachary is pretty much like Chuck, only less naive. Granted part of Chuck's naiveté was for funny story lines, but yeah that's the difference. I've seen him playing jerk btw and he makes it as believable as playing Chuck.

Last edited by secretk; 03-04-2013 at 10:41 AM
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah you're right. It's also interesting and original, because I assume that most of the actors in Hollywood would want an ocean view. The canyon might remind her a bit of Everwood . I've read interviews that they all liked the scenery. Was it in Utah?
Indeed, it was in Utah. The Pilot is the only episode filmed in both Canada and the US... the Pilot was filmed in Canmore, Alberta, Denver, Colorado and Calgary. Every other episode was filmed in Ogden, South Salt Lake, Draper, Utah, and Park City, Utah.

Oh, I just found this for interesting information:

Quote:
LOCATIONS

--> The streets and buildings are real. They shoot in a variety of small towns in northern Utah. The main city they shoot in is Ogden, a city about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City. The exterior of Dr. Brown's office is only that; just a facade, as well as Dr. Abbott's office, and Mama Joy's Diner. The show uses one street in Ogden as the downtown area of Everwood. They also use another town about 70 miles from Ogden for shots. The town is called Pleasant Grove, Utah, and looks like one of those towns that never came out of the 50's. Nothing is retouched. Also, some people ask if the mountains and snow are real. Yes, they are. Utah is a beautiful state.

--> The inside of most of the buildings in Everwood are sets. Dr. Brown, Dr. Abbott, and Delia's classroom are 3 sets in a giant warehouse in Salt Lake City. Motel rooms, classrooms, hallways, and general areas are sets. Across the street is another warehouse, and it has the principal's office, the Brown's living room, kitchen, stairs, and bedrooms. It even has a porch! The warehouse also has the Abbott's home set, and the inside of Mama Joy's diner.

--> The outside of the Everwood High School is really Juan Diego Catholic High School in Draper, Utah. They also use the inside of the school for a number of scenes. They shoot during school hours, because the lighting is good, and the students stop by to watch. They also shoot at a high school in the famous Park City, Utah, where many Olympic venues were held and people from all over come to ski! The Peak County Miners are a real team. A lot of the props they use are from the school's supply. In one episode, Bright's team played basketball, and it was a real high school basketball team.

--> The party scene in which Amy found out that Tommy was dealing drugs was shot inside a real home in Park City with 50 extras. House value? 7 MILLION DOLLARS!

--> The scene in which Colin had brain surgery was filmed in an abandoned hospital in downtown Salt Lake on one floor and about 20 extras.

--> The FunLand scene with Nina and her soon to be ex husband was shot at Jungle Jim's Playland in Murray, Utah in one morning. It took 5 hours to put together a 5 minute scene. There are only 4 Jungle Jim's in the entire United States (I can remember Utah, Kansas, and Phoenix, but not the other place!)
But yes, they all gushed about the beautiful area in Utah where they lived. I remember that distinctly. It really is a gorgeous area. I have never been but my sister went to Salt Lake City with friends to ski and she said it was gorgeous.

It is very possible Emily picked that house in LA because it had a similar atmosphere as Utah.

Quote:
Greg even went on a ski trip there with his castmates from Rookie Blue. It's cool that they like this place and have such good memories from filming the show.
Oh, did he? That's great! Where in Canada do they film RB?

Quote:
That reminds me of another actor that I like a lot - Jesse Spencer, the guy loves the ocean view because he is surfing. He's really down to earth. He jokes with himself, he acts totally natural in interviews, he plays in a band for charity. That goes for all actors in the Band from TV though. They all go to concerts in their free time to gather money for charity and they give all the money they've raised to charities, there is nothing for them. I think that it's cool. They've raised so far like 2 million dollars.
That's awesome! Why have I never heard of him? I do live under a rock so I bet that's why.

Quote:
Ah yes Zachary is pretty much like Chuck, only less naive. Granted part of Chuck's naiveté was for funny story lines, but yeah that's the difference. I've seen him playing jerk btw and he makes it as believable as playing Chuck.
Exactly, less naive. What was he in where he played a jerk?

I also loved the dude who played Morgan on Chuck. Apparently he and Zach are good friends in real life.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Well I guess that Emily had lots of reasons to buy that home, but hey it's fanwank to assume that Everwood might be a slight reason . So why not? I've indeed read interviews where they all say that they liked the scenery a lot. And since they lived all there and not in Hollywood they had lots of reasons to bond in the town and enjoy it.

For the rest I will talk in the OT2 thread to not be off topic.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Now I get what you guys are talking about. With the money from Captain America alone, Em should be able to afford that place. Or something like that. She has been working for over 10 years on television now, made good money, did a great job, she deserves having a big house. Because's she's Emily, great girl, great house. Grey posted that Emily will appear on The Ellen Show on March 8.

And not to forget: Thanks, Michelle, for posting these interesting infos! It's always great when a show uses real sets instead of CGI blue box stuff - you can feel the difference. I can, that's why older shows have a different feeling to me than some new shows. Really cool. I like when tv shows show some afford and try to be real - for Everwood that works.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Grey posted that Emily will appear on The Ellen Show on March 8.
This should be a great interview. I love Ellen as well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread