Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Betty.

Baron Batch- What we do Matters
This is a post in Baron Batch's blog. He was a senior RB for the Texas Tech football team this past season and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He writes a weekly blog/newspaper article and this is his most recent post. Its really amazing and just goes to show how much every little thing we do really matters no matter how small it may seem. Anyway here it is, enjoy!

BARON BATCH: Diary 25 (when ripples collide)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Shelby, that blog post was simply incredible. I'm speechless.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Isn't it! Baron is such an amazing person and he was just as amazing a football player but it is things like this that make me love him all the more.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

This is for everyone, but Barry in particular:

Quote:
The Environmental Protection Agency said a March 25 sample of milk produced in the Spokane, Wash., area contained a 0.8 pico curies per literlevel of iodine-131, which it said was less than one five-thousandth of the safety safety guideline set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The EPA said it increased monitoring after radiation leaked from Japan's ***ushima Daiichi nuclear plant. It expects more such findings in coming days, but in amounts "far below levels of public-health concern, including for infants and children."
Radiation Traces Found in U.S. Milk - WSJ.com
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Shadow. I saw that on the news today...scary times.

Tornados in Florida and I'm expecting lots of snow tomorrow! Some April fools joke.

This will lighten up everyone's mood..

YouTube - Twin Baby Boys Have A Conversation - TRANSLATED!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
This is for everyone, but Barry in particular:

Radiation Traces Found in U.S. Milk - WSJ.com
Yikes, that hits a little too close to home...

People here in BC have been buying iodine pills to the extent that they've become hard to find and the prices have skyrocketed for resale. Nobody I know has been doing it, but still, it's out there. I figure we're all going to apparently die of cancer anyway if you believe what you read, so why bother, heh. Yeah...I'm dark like that. I just don't see the point in panicking, but that story isn't so much fun either!

More snow, Betty? Is that legit? Wow. You have been hit HARD this year!!

Betty, that vid is SO adorable and funny! "They're just waving your hand like this!"
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I heard about the snow. First, they said 12 inches. Then 6 inches. Now 1 to 3. So who knows how much we'll actually get.
I made my icon.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Yeah, I heard about the snow. First, they said 12 inches. Then 6 inches. Now 1 to 3. So who knows how much we'll actually get.
We definitely dodged a bullet. It's only raining. Maybe the meterorologists were playing an April fools joke on us.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Lol yeah.

I'm getting my three wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday. Sigh.
I made my icon.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Lol yeah.

I'm getting my three wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday. Sigh.
Ouch! I think I'd rather have snow. Good luck with that, Gaby.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Betty. I'm taking small comfort in the fact I never got a fourth. Though if I had it, maybe only two would be extracted. One is very decayed, so that has to go. The one that has no tooth above it just keeps rising, which makes it hard to brush. That's why it's being extracted. And then the one above the decayed tooth is being extracted for the same reasoning as the growing one.
I made my icon.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Good luck on the wisdom teeth, Gaby.

I had all four of mine out a few years back and it was quick and painless and I never had to take any painkillers. Just throwing in a positive story, because you hear such horror stories and...yeah, just don't believe them all. Hope it goes as well for you as it did for me!

And throwing in an extra for good measure.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Good luck, Gaby!

Mine two years ago went fine, too, and it even happened when I was already posting on this board, so I'm pretty sure my comments from the time are around here somewhere, . I never took anything stronger than extra-strength Tylenol (the oral surgeon also had me on standard post-extraction runs of a mild antibiotic and steroid).
Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Good luck Gaby! Give 'em hell!

I had mine done about 4 years ago as well and everything went well...I suppose. I think I posted my thoughts on the whole thing on here as well. I didn't get any painkillers or anything though; I probably should've had something. I was bleeding a bit more than usual, had to keep a lil bowl and paper towel nearby for a few days after the surgery!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I was bleeding a bit more than usual, had to keep a lil bowl and paper towel nearby for a few days after the surgery!
How often do you usually bleed that that is only a bit more than usual?

Couldn't resist.

Hey, go all of us, with some pretty good wisdom teeth stories. Keep up the trend, Gaby!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread