Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It really is good. Years ago I bought Teresa an electric wok and she makes the stir fry on it. It comes out so good!
Sounds perfect!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Nothing . I just love stuffed peppers with brown rice.
I'm going to have to try this! How do you make it? Do you fully cook the brown rice then stuff them in the peppers, throw them in the oven?

Quote:
Deep science background like your sister no. They might want me to have bioinformatics degree though. This is informatics degree + general biology background. I could cover that with the book and reading, but you know sometimes people want the document.
Sounds great!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I'm going to have to try this! How do you make it? Do you fully cook the brown rice then stuff them in the peppers, throw them in the oven?
My mother makes them . She does cook a bit the brown rice as it requires more time than the white rice. Then she stuffs the peppers and cooks them together.

Quote:
Sounds great!
We will see. I might not get answer at all. Most probably I won't but it trying does not hurt.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My mother makes them . She does cook a bit the brown rice as it requires more time than the white rice. Then she stuffs the peppers and cooks them together.
Sounds really good. I will certainly give this a try.

Quote:
We will see. I might not get answer at all. Most probably I won't but it trying does not hurt.
Right and it's just cool to know there's other options out there. Even if THIS particular place of employment isn't open at the moment, there's other places that are out there too.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sounds really good. I will certainly give this a try.
You could check maybe also some recipes online because I suck at giving instructions on how to cook something .

Quote:
Right and it's just cool to know there's other options out there. Even if THIS particular place of employment isn't open at the moment, there's other places that are out there too.
Actually there are not that many options in my country. In others countries there are a lot, but in my country it's really different. A co-worker gave me the advice to try out some open source projects and get into contact with other people around the world working on stuff like that and this gain some experience. This is the issue, but get this.

They actually answered me. And the person that answered me either studied in my university or he is still teaching in my university. If he is the latter there is only one group that studies something remotely to this and it's in my faculty. If this is not luck I don't know what it is. I guess I was meant to send that email in the end.

They want me to send CV and motivational letter and they will inform me if some positions arise. Now I need to work on that. If it's English do you think guys that you could check the motivational letter and just tell me if it sucks big time because I have never written motivational letter before.

ЕТА: I checked him and yeah he is professor in my faculty. Now this is how you know that something was meant to happen.

Last edited by secretk; 11-25-2017 at 04:44 AM
Old 11-25-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You could check maybe also some recipes online because I suck at giving instructions on how to cook something .
I will do that, thanks!

Quote:
Actually there are not that many options in my country. In others countries there are a lot, but in my country it's really different. A co-worker gave me the advice to try out some open source projects and get into contact with other people around the world working on stuff like that and this gain some experience. This is the issue, but get this.

They actually answered me. And the person that answered me either studied in my university or he is still teaching in my university. If he is the latter there is only one group that studies something remotely to this and it's in my faculty. If this is not luck I don't know what it is. I guess I was meant to send that email in the end.

They want me to send CV and motivational letter and they will inform me if some positions arise. Now I need to work on that. If it's English do you think guys that you could check the motivational letter and just tell me if it sucks big time because I have never written motivational letter before.

ЕТА: I checked him and yeah he is professor in my faculty. Now this is how you know that something was meant to happen.
Do you mean not many options in this specific area or not many options in your field? I meant in general it's nice to know you have other job opportunities given your college education background/work history.

Wow, YES this was meant to be, incredible!

Certainly, I can look at/help you with the motivational letter!
Old 11-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I will do that, thanks!
Keep me posted on how it went and whether you liked it or you hated it .

Quote:
Do you mean not many options in this specific area or not many options in your field? I meant in general it's nice to know you have other job opportunities given your college education background/work history.
Ah I see. Yes I was talking about this specific area - bioinfomatics and research. There are a lot of jobs in the informatics/programming area in my country. This is true. However this research aspect area that I love is not that prominent here. I would have far more chances to work something like that in say Germany, Switzerland, your country or Canada because this is where the big research is happening.
Quote:
Wow, YES this was meant to be, incredible!
Yeah, we will see if I will have luck with it. I will try to work this week on my CV and motivational letter so that I could send them soon.

Quote:
Certainly, I can look at/help you with the motivational letter!
Thank you ! I appreciate it. I would need good motivational letter because I do not have experience with that. So on paper my CV won't be the most interesting one and I need really good motivational letter.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Keep me posted on how it went and whether you liked it or you hated it .
I will.

Slovak/Polish cuisine has stuffed peppers often but it's usually with meat, rice, and sauce. So I'm used to stuffed peppers and love them! I've never tried them with just brown rice though but now I'm eager to go there.

Quote:
Ah I see. Yes I was talking about this specific area - bioinfomatics and research. There are a lot of jobs in the informatics/programming area in my country. This is true. However this research aspect area that I love is not that prominent here. I would have far more chances to work something like that in say Germany, Switzerland, your country or Canada because this is where the big research is happening.

Yeah, we will see if I will have luck with it. I will try to work this week on my CV and motivational letter so that I could send them soon.

Thank you ! I appreciate it. I would need good motivational letter because I do not have experience with that. So on paper my CV won't be the most interesting one and I need really good motivational letter.
Got it.

Any help I can give I am here.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I will.

Slovak/Polish cuisine has stuffed peppers often but it's usually with meat, rice, and sauce. So I'm used to stuffed peppers and love them! I've never tried them with just brown rice though but now I'm eager to go there.
Here most people prepare mixture of meat, rice and sauce too. I just have never been a fan of that. I have always liked them only with rice. And once I tried the brown rice, I liked it even more.

Quote:
Got it.

Any help I can give I am here.
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Here most people prepare mixture of meat, rice and sauce too. I just have never been a fan of that. I have always liked them only with rice. And once I tried the brown rice, I liked it even more.

Thanks!
Slovaks and Polish live on meat, rice and sauce too but we roll it up in cabbage. It's the only time I really love meat, lol. Love that stuff.

Next time we make Halupki I'm going to stuff mine using brown rice.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Slovaks and Polish live on meat, rice and sauce too but we roll it up in cabbage. It's the only time I really love meat, lol. Love that stuff.

Next time we make Halupki I'm going to stuff mine using brown rice.
We do use cabbage too . In fact stuffed cabbage with rice is the typical dish on Christmas Eve. Now usually people would do it with meat, but for Christmas Eve they remove the meat. Or at least we do because we follow the tradition of not eating animal products on Christmas Eve.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We do use cabbage too . In fact stuffed cabbage with rice is the typical dish on Christmas Eve. Now usually people would do it with meat, but for Christmas Eve they remove the meat. Or at least we do because we follow the tradition of not eating animal products on Christmas Eve.
Interesting. We've always had meat on Christmas Eve. Is that Bulgarian culture as a rule or a religious culture? I can't wait to exchange the white rice for the brown rice in both the peppers and Halupki. I think it's going to be delicious.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Interesting. We've always had meat on Christmas Eve. Is that Bulgarian culture as a rule or a religious culture? I can't wait to exchange the white rice for the brown rice in both the peppers and Halupki. I think it's going to be delicious.
Religious thing. You know that there is fasting period before Christmas. It ends with Christmas Eve. On Christmas we eat meat, but on Christmas Eve we don't.

I don't do the fasting, but I respect the Christmas Eve ritual.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last night I got a Burrito Bowl at Chipotle. I had:

Black and Brown Beans
Fajita Green and Red Peppers with Onions
Brown Rice
Diced Tomatoes
Lettuce

Held a lot of things like Shredded Cheese, Nacho Cheese, Sour Cream.

It was so good and I digested perfectly!

I feel 100% better without dairy and adding more fiber to my diet.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Religious thing. You know that there is fasting period before Christmas. It ends with Christmas Eve. On Christmas we eat meat, but on Christmas Eve we don't.

I don't do the fasting, but I respect the Christmas Eve ritual.
FF is doing doubles right now. I managed a double that went in between your one post.

Got it. What religion is this again?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread