Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
True . The CTO today initiated conversation with the three guys we want to delegate stuff. He told me that the conversation went well. I will check further with the guys and see how they felt about the meeting.

I also found task for myself to do next week while I am in vacation . It's both work task and self improvement. I will research existing solutions for something and analyze them so that I could best/worst practices when designing the same for us.

I continue to be happy with this CTO. We discussed the idea of this meeting with the others yesterday and today he already had the meeting.
It's so important you have a good working relationship with the CTO. That's wonderful. LOL What task will you complete while on vacation?

Quote:
True that Introverts deal with pain differently . The problem for her is that she spends so much time in the past that she could experience something bad again and again. The other thing is that she focuses on bad stuff so much that she develops fear. Then she has sort of fear by association because of her good and detailed memory of the past.
Awe that's too bad. I actually can relate. I do have a tendency to focus on the past way too much and can be a glass is half empty kind of person. I don't have fear though. Really sucks she has fear. I hope she has a good unit of family and friends to help her through.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks!

Yes, we'll usually get a ham for Christmas and have mashed potatoes and other side dishes and pecan pie for dessert.
Yum!

I really miss our traditional family Christmas celebrations back in Cleveland. We went all out... celebrations really big on my mom's side and even on my dad's. I received a taste of Slovakia and taste of Poland attending two parties. So much ethnic food, celebration leading right up to the New Year. I really miss it.

Since we moved to Minnesota (and after both of my Grandmother's passed who lead the charge in maintaining those celebrations) we've still tried to keep those ethnic foods and traditions, especially wanting Anna and Sara to inherit and they can embrace with their children in the future. We have also incorporated some of our own new traditions. We've been having Prime Rib on Christmas Eve for years now. We order yearly and pick it up on the 23rd to make for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is mostly dedicated to our ethnic food.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yum!

I really miss our traditional family Christmas celebrations back in Cleveland. We went all out... celebrations really big on my mom's side and even on my dad's. I received a taste of Slovakia and taste of Poland attending two parties. So much ethnic food, celebration leading right up to the New Year. I really miss it.

Since we moved to Minnesota (and after both of my Grandmother's passed who lead the charge in maintaining those celebrations) we've still tried to keep those ethnic foods and traditions, especially wanting Anna and Sara to inherit and they can embrace with their children in the future. We have also incorporated some of our own new traditions. We've been having Prime Rib on Christmas Eve for years now. We order yearly and pick it up on the 23rd to make for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is mostly dedicated to our ethnic food.
That sounds wonderful.

I would love having ethnic food and I love Prime Rib. I'll have to buy one next from Omaha Steaks!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's so important you have a good working relationship with the CTO. That's wonderful. LOL What task will you complete while on vacation?
Spoiler:

I am 100 % sure that Fanforum uses the Google solution to provide the Google adds while browsing the forum. It usually shows ads based on your google search so basically it uses your IP. In this case Fanforum as web page application accesses Google interface to show the google ads.

I hope this explains a bit what I need to do . It's obviously beneficial for the project, but I will also learn new things so it's good for me too.

Quote:
Awe that's too bad. I actually can relate. I do have a tendency to focus on the past way too much and can be a glass is half empty kind of person. I don't have fear though. Really sucks she has fear. I hope she has a good unit of family and friends to help her through.
I tend to be glass is half empty kind of person too . However I don't remember the past. I just react this way to the current situation.

My other issue is that I find relations anywhere and anytime. I once had the exercise to find a memory I love and to think about it when I try to fall asleep. It was impossible for me because I was able to relate every good memory to something bad. In the end this strategy was not for me.

Last edited by secretk; 11-08-2017 at 10:48 AM
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That sounds wonderful.

I would love having ethnic food and I love Prime Rib. I'll have to buy one next from Omaha Steaks!

What kind of food did your mom make when you were back in NYC over Christmas?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:

What kind of food did your mom make when you were back in NYC over Christmas?
When we were young, we used to go to my mother’s cousin’s house in New York for Christmas and we would eat over there. We would usually have ham and side dishes like mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and string beans and corn. In later years, when we moved to New Jersey, we would have ham or roast beef and the same side dishes.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I am 100 % sure that Fanforum uses the Google solution to provide the Google adds while browsing the forum. It usually shows ads based on your google search so basically it uses your IP. In this case Fanforum as web page application accesses Google interface to show the google ads.
That's correct Koni. We use Goggle Ads here and revenue is generated by the number of page impressions. We don't make a lot though as Leif says the revenue we make barely covers the cost of the servers that we have, and sometimes it doesn't, and he (or his company) makes up the difference.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Spoiler:

I hope this explains a bit what I need to do . It's obviously beneficial for the project, but I will also learn new things so it's good for me too.
It does make sense overall.

How long are you on vacation?

Quote:
I tend to be glass is half empty kind of person too . However I don't remember the past. I just react this way to the current situation.

My other issue is that I find relations anywhere and anytime. I once had the exercise to find a memory I love and to think about it when I try to fall asleep. It was impossible for me because I was able to relate every good memory to something bad. In the end this strategy was not for me.
Interesting. I really need to work on not letting the past affect my present and future. Grief obviously is something I cannot really prevent and this plays a large part as well. But even last night for example I had a dream about a friend in my past I parted ways with because it was unhealthy and just not good for me anymore. Well, I had a dream (or maybe it's considered more of a nightmare) of this person and we were friends again. I woke up feeling horrible because I know deep down I do not want the friendship anymore. So why on earth I had a dream that the friendship was healthy and strong, I do not know. I tie this to my thoughts on the past and hoping that I can let this go some.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When we were young, we used to go to my mother’s cousin’s house in New York for Christmas and we would eat over there. We would usually have ham and side dishes like mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and string beans and corn. In later years, when we moved to New Jersey, we would have ham or roast beef and the same side dishes.
Sounds so nice. Was your mother's cousin's house in the Bronx too? Did all your relatives live in the Bronx or were they sprinkled throughout NYC?
Old 11-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds so nice. Was your mother's cousin's house in the Bronx too? Did all your relatives live in the Bronx or were they sprinkled throughout NYC?
My mother’s cousin’s house was also in The Bronx and it was an actual house, not an apartment. The neighborhood they lived in was nice back when they first bought their house, but it had gone downhill in later years. My father lived in Manhattan and my mother lived in The Bronx, so we had relatives in both Boroughs, but eventually almost everyone moved out to New Jersey or to Long Island New York.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My mother’s cousin’s house was also in The Bronx and it was an actual house, not an apartment. The neighborhood they lived in was nice back when they first bought their house, but it had gone downhill in later years. My father lived in Manhattan and my mother lived in The Bronx, so we had relatives in both Boroughs, but eventually almost everyone moved out to New Jersey or to Long Island New York.
Got it. How did your parents meet?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Got it. How did your parents meet?
They met at an Engagement Party for my Father's 1st Cousin and my Mother's Best Friend in 1951, and they were married on May 2nd, 1953. I chose May 2nd as my wedding date in honor of them.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It does make sense overall.
Of course this includes more than just documentation. Basically we need to re-organize our code and generate documentation based on it to make this work. Security also matters. We have to think how to document things clearly and still protect our systems and customers. It's an interesting challenge though. And I am sure that with the proper action plan we will make it work.

Spoiler:

Quote:
How long are you on vacation?
One week.

Quote:
Interesting. I really need to work on not letting the past affect my present and future. Grief obviously is something I cannot really prevent and this plays a large part as well. But even last night for example I had a dream about a friend in my past I parted ways with because it was unhealthy and just not good for me anymore. Well, I had a dream (or maybe it's considered more of a nightmare) of this person and we were friends again. I woke up feeling horrible because I know deep down I do not want the friendship anymore. So why on earth I had a dream that the friendship was healthy and strong, I do not know. I tie this to my thoughts on the past and hoping that I can let this go some.
Sorry that you had to go through this dream. Maybe it was meant to meet this person? Maybe your souls met also in previous life and maybe the dream was to help you contrast between the reality and the wishful thinking. You know what your friendship was and it definitely was not the healthy one you saw in your dream.

Last edited by secretk; 11-08-2017 at 10:16 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's correct Koni. We use Goggle Ads here and revenue is generated by the number of page impressions. We don't make a lot though as Leif says the revenue we make barely covers the cost of the servers that we have, and sometimes it doesn't, and he (or his company) makes up the difference.
I am not surprised that it does not. There are a lot of people that block those ads. I have two blocking mechanisms that work for me. One is that I do not see them because I have tunnel vision. I needed few years to realize that there are ads . Second is software solution that I use for work. I have blocked them.

Even if I would have seen them I don't click on them because Google is horrible in providing ads for me. Or I confuse Google too much. I use Google with three different IPs and phone and I don't always log myself so they are totally confused and offer stuff that I do not care about .
Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They met at an Engagement Party for my Father's 1st Cousin and my Mother's Best Friend in 1951, and they were married on May 2nd, 1953. I chose May 2nd as my wedding date in honor of them.
Awe, so sweet all around.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread