Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It happens to everyone .

When was this dream? Do you usually remember your dreams?
This horse dream that should have been a little puppy took place on Tuesday night.

I usually remember my dreams. I pretty much know when I'm IN my dreams and away too. Like this horse dream, was just a dream, maybe even somewhat of a fear because I didn't feel good during this dream. But the Spiritual ones that make me feel happy and free... I know they are real, real with the astral travel.

Quote:
Now it turned out that I might not be for the second week because the French guy that needed me will be in vacation.
Oh that would be wonderful! When do you find out? When are your going the first week?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is good that you did not struggle with side effects.

Research is definitely for you!

It was either before work, after work or in the weekends. Sometimes we had classes Saturday. And I just skipped half of the classes anyway. I would go only for the labs.
It is for me, indeed.

Nice! Your schedule balancing work/school seems awesome. Did you feel overwhelmed at all with the busy schedule or were you fine?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I went to William Paterson University in Wayne New Jersey. My major was history because I originally wanted to be lawyer, but I ended up working after college and I got into technical sales. I still love history and I still love to write, and my boss often has me edit the technical documents that we use.

What I do in my job is provide formal quotations for the pumps that my company manufactures. It involves taking the customers' service conditions and sizing and selecting a pump based on those service conditions. Factors to select a pump include the flow rate, the specific gravity (density) of the liquid to be pumped, the temperature, and how many feet the liquid has to travel to get from one place to another place in the refinery or chemical plant that it's in. We have to read and comment on the specifications that the customer sends in and provide price and delivery for the pumps and the special testing or accessories that the pumps may need. Some of the bid packages we get involve quoting a lot of pumps, and we sometimes have to read through hundreds of pages of specifications, and you always have to get the bids out to the customers by the date that they're due, which can be difficult at times. Most of the pumps we sell are made out of stainless steel, but sometimes they may be made out of more exotic metals like titanium. If I get an order based on the quote that I did, I enter the order and coordinate getting the order placed on our factory in Japan and manage the order. I also provide technical support if the customer has problems with the pumps that they bought or if the people in the shop who work on the pumps need help. In addition to that I also provide calculations for the shop to modify pumps that we have in stock to meet the customer's service conditions. So my job combines an Inside Sales job with an Engineering job, because selling these pumps requires technical knowledge. I don't have a quota to meet like outside salespeople do, so I don't have that kind of pressure, but it's a high pressure job in that you're always having to meet deadlines and the amount of work that comes in can be overwhelming at times.
Interesting! I never knew you originally planned on becoming a lawyer. What changed your mind? One of my friends is a lawyer. She doesn't have a life at times but she really enjoys her job.

I knew very generally what you did for a living but now I specifically know. That's great. It definitely sounds rewarding but like you said, stressful/overwhelming at times too. Nice that you can combine your love of writing somewhat in your job as well. Do you write on the side in your spare time? Do you have specific topics you like to write about?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's wonderful Michelle! They definitely take after their Aunt! I wish them luck in tonight's game.
Thanks so much, Jerry!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm leaving shortly for the game. I live one mile from the high school. I could walk if I wanted to. I sit away from the group of parents, on my own; well with my dad too but my dad kind of lingers between where I am and where Kris is. Kris and I text back and forth at times. LOL I like to get there early and watch them warm up in the stadium, clock rolling, music blasting. Hearing their names is so great. You hear their last name a lot since we're talking about double.

Like I mentioned, this is a huge rival game and now that school's back, the stands will be loaded with people! Have to get my seat and hope I'm not too close to the opponent's parents because at times I want to say stuff to the loud ones who either don't know what they're talking about and/or are just annoying in general.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Interesting! I never knew you originally planned on becoming a lawyer. What changed your mind? One of my friends is a lawyer. She doesn't have a life at times but she really enjoys her job.
What changed my mind is the fact that I joined a fraternity in college and my grades nosedived after that. After I got back from spending the Summer of my Sophomore Year in Marine Corps Boot Camp, I wanted to have some fun, so I joined a fraternity and I got caught up in the drinking and partying aspects of being in a fraternity and I neglected my studies. I still graduated, but my GPA suffered, and looking back, I wish I hadn't joined that fraternity, but what's done is done. All in all though, I've been happy in my chosen profession and I have a good life here in Texas with Teresa, so I can't say that I regret not becoming a lawyer.

Quote:
I knew very generally what you did for a living but now I specifically know. That's great. It definitely sounds rewarding but like you said, stressful/overwhelming at times too. Nice that you can combine your love of writing somewhat in your job as well. Do you write on the side in your spare time? Do you have specific topics you like to write about?
Yes, my job can be stressful and overwhelming at times, but overall I like it. I don't do any writing on the side as much of my time is spent running this website. I'm glad that I'm always welcomed back here because as I've said many times before, I consider this board to be my home here and it's one of the only places that I post as a poster here. The only other board I post on here is the Star Wars board, but I post here a lot more than I post there.

Enjoy the game Michelle!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
All in all though, I've been happy in my chosen profession and I have a good life here in Texas with Teresa, so I can't say that I regret not becoming a lawyer.
:
That's all that matters, Jerry!

Hope your niece's team won, Michelle!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This horse dream that should have been a little puppy took place on Tuesday night.

I usually remember my dreams. I pretty much know when I'm IN my dreams and away too. Like this horse dream, was just a dream, maybe even somewhat of a fear because I didn't feel good during this dream. But the Spiritual ones that make me feel happy and free... I know they are real, real with the astral travel.
Awesome. Have you had recently spiritual dreams?

Quote:
Oh that would be wonderful! When do you find out? When are your going the first week?
No one knows when I will know for sure. Every day something changes. I guess I will know once my hotel and flight are booked.

Also the company offers to pay English courses for people to get improved because now we have lots of meetings with French people and we use English. However I wonder how they will do it because the people they chose for this course have different level of knowledge. And I know that it will sound selfish and even arrogant of me, but I don't believe that I need level below B2/C1. Anything less than that would be waste of my time IMO. I am not the best in English, but I know enough to write emails or to express what I want to express in a conversation without pauses and "Egh, ugh " etc. I mean in the group is my boss who can't even conjugate properly in verbal conversation. I would hear from him quite often expressions like "The tasks was " which annoys me btw.

I don't know, I just don't think that I need anything less than C2 as I am between C1 and C2 (it depends on how tired I am) and I feel that the others chosen need A2 or even A1.

Last edited by secretk; 09-07-2017 at 09:47 PM
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It is for me, indeed.

Nice! Your schedule balancing work/school seems awesome. Did you feel overwhelmed at all with the busy schedule or were you fine?
It helped me putting things into perspective. Like I would use my time more wisely so that I could have time for work and studying. It did overwhelm me a little bit but it also made me more organized.

There was exam that overwhelmed a lot though. I was so exhausted after it that my eyes could not take it anymore. I swear they were so dry and red. I could not be on the computer for more than 10 minutes and the lights would annoy me. My astigmatism doubled up after that.

This also made me realize that no matter how much I want to succeed I also need to take care of myself.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What changed my mind is the fact that I joined a fraternity in college and my grades nosedived after that. After I got back from spending the Summer of my Sophomore Year in Marine Corps Boot Camp, I wanted to have some fun, so I joined a fraternity and I got caught up in the drinking and partying aspects of being in a fraternity and I neglected my studies. I still graduated, but my GPA suffered, and looking back, I wish I hadn't joined that fraternity, but what's done is done. All in all though, I've been happy in my chosen profession and I have a good life here in Texas with Teresa, so I can't say that I regret not becoming a lawyer.

Yes, my job can be stressful and overwhelming at times, but overall I like it. I don't do any writing on the side as much of my time is spent running this website. I'm glad that I'm always welcomed back here because as I've said many times before, I consider this board to be my home here and it's one of the only places that I post as a poster here. The only other board I post on here is the Star Wars board, but I post here a lot more than I post there.

Enjoy the game Michelle!
Awe, everything happens for a reason. You were meant to have a little fun, haha. Don't have regrets, it was your path. That same path lead you to your wife and the life you have now. Who knows, maybe if you would have gone the lawyer route you would have been so busy you wouldn't have met your wife. The route you chose brought you Teresa which is the best path you could have jumped on.

Glad you like your job overall. That is really important. Are you a big Star Wars fan?

Thanks! I enjoyed the game. We won a close one, 1-0. Sara, my niece, assisted. The parents of the other team were basically from hell though. They were repulsive. I cannot believe some of the things that came out of their mouths. Seeing that I didn't sit with the parents of our team I was very close to those boneheads and could hear every word. I started saying some things back but my dad calmed me down. When they were saying things about our players, my face turned red. They were lucky they didn't say anything about my nieces because my dad wouldn't have been able to calm my down. They would have been toast verbally, that is for sure. Plus, if one of their players fell down, automatically it was a foul. The player would fall down on her own without even being touched and she was fouled. I couldn't believe it. A player of theirs would nail/obstruct one of ours and they'd scream out it wasn't a foul, lol. They were so biased and stupid. They also had no idea what they were talking about while analyzing too. No clue. They even mentioned my niece, Sara, was speedy, with a first quick move so their remedy was two defenders back marking her. Umm, no, Sara will effortlessly either speed right by both or make the quick pass via a through ball to one of her wings. They didn't have a clue.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's all that matters, Jerry!

Hope your niece's team won, Michelle!
They did!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Awesome. Have you had recently spiritual dreams?
Hmm, I had one last week. But I'm not really having them consistently, not lately. No clue why.

Quote:
No one knows when I will know for sure. Every day something changes. I guess I will know once my hotel and flight are booked.
That sucks, the uncertainty. We are talking well before Christmas, though, right? Within the next month or two?

Quote:
Also the company offers to pay English courses for people to get improved because now we have lots of meetings with French people and we use English. However I wonder how they will do it because the people they chose for this course have different level of knowledge. And I know that it will sound selfish and even arrogant of me, but I don't believe that I need level below B2/C1. Anything less than that would be waste of my time IMO. I am not the best in English, but I know enough to write emails or to express what I want to express in a conversation without pauses and "Egh, ugh " etc. I mean in the group is my boss who can't even conjugate properly in verbal conversation. I would hear from him quite often expressions like "The tasks was " which annoys me btw.

I don't know, I just don't think that I need anything less than C2 as I am between C1 and C2 (it depends on how tired I am) and I feel that the others chosen need A2 or even A1.
It would be a complete joke if you had to waste your time on that! You are fluent, you don't even need any of that! You don't even need ANY practice, let alone that basic level!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It helped me putting things into perspective. Like I would use my time more wisely so that I could have time for work and studying. It did overwhelm me a little bit but it also made me more organized.

There was exam that overwhelmed a lot though. I was so exhausted after it that my eyes could not take it anymore. I swear they were so dry and red. I could not be on the computer for more than 10 minutes and the lights would annoy me. My astigmatism doubled up after that.

This also made me realize that no matter how much I want to succeed I also need to take care of myself.
That's awesome, the learning parts, using time wisely, taking care of yourself. The eye situation is not awesome! What would you do when your eyes got bad? Do you still have issues with your eyes now given your job and how often you are looking at computers?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmm, I had one last week. But I'm not really having them consistently, not lately. No clue why.
Is it possible that there is something bothering you that might block the spiritual dreams?

Quote:
That sucks, the uncertainty. We are talking well before Christmas, though, right? Within the next month or two?
Yes . It should be either end of September or beginning/middle of October.

Quote:
It would be a complete joke if you had to waste your time on that! You are fluent, you don't even need any of that! You don't even need ANY practice, let alone that basic level!
I might need a little bit of practice when it comes to talking, but to be honest even this is not that bad. I mean I talk in meetings, react to hostile questions and comments, offer suggestions. I don't just sit there listening.

One of the reasons that the Bulgarian CTO wanted me to do the talking was because I talk fast, correct, without interruptions and basically make my point clear. Plus he liked that I could be diplomatic.

So A2 is definitely not what I need. And at least I know how to conjugate verbs. I hate when people use Present instead of Past to explain something that already happened. Or when people use Present Continuous instead of Simple Present. It just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's awesome, the learning parts, using time wisely, taking care of yourself. The eye situation is not awesome! What would you do when your eyes got bad? Do you still have issues with your eyes now given your job and how often you are looking at computers?
I took some vacation days back then. And I did not use computer after work hours. I would go home, put on some music and lay in bed in the dark basically.

As for my eye problems they got worse with each 2-3 years. I usually change my prescription glasses every two years after an exam. Once I realize that I don't see enough with the current glasses, I have to change them.

I now have to change them as well because I know that I have issues.