Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2021, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought that it was pretty clear why Ephram decided not to pursue his ambition of becoming a Professional Concert Pianist. It was the episode when he met someone who actually was a Professional Concert Pianist, and that person told him that he would have to travel all the time and never be home or have time for a family, and although he (the Professional Concert Pianist, I forget his name) loved that lifestyle, Ephram realized that pursuing that dream would take him away from everyone and everything that he loved, so he decided that career path wasn't for him.
Yes, I remember that episode. THat concert pianist was going to get Ephram another audition to Julliard (I believe), but when Ephram realized what he would have to give up, he realized that life wasn't what he wanted. Plus....Ephram loved what he did for Kyle and realized that teaching was what made him happy.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I get why Ephram was upset and he did come around at the end when he confronted Matt and stood up for Kate, but i wish he had been a bit kinder to her in their 1 on 1 scene. This is not her fault at all. Shes teh victim here. And the dialogue was a bit victim-blaming imo. However, i wont blame Ephram, but the times for this. I dont think the writers realized this and it wasnt as apparent back then before all the Me Too stuff in the current time brought this stuff to light.
You make excellent points. You are right. It is victim-blaming. I think you’re the first person to ever brilliantly point this out. It is so true. Yes, definitely the writers didn’t realize it and like you said, back then they didn’t tackle this sort of thing with sensitivity. It definitely demonstrates how far we’ve come watching it on the screen now and noticing that this would go down very differently in present day.

Quote:
Yeah, its called "a teacher"... its a bit problematic because the scenes with her and her student (played by nick robinson) are pretty racey.... they do an okay job of calling out the abuse in the final episode but i feel like they try to make her character too sympathetic. In real life he is 26 and she is 38, so there is still a pretty big age gap there, which is kinda weird to me.
Interesting. How old are their characters?
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Bright: How do you know all this stuff, Miss Honors Science?
Amy: God had to do something with the other half of your brain.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry i just saw this!

Quote:
Interesting. How old are their characters?
I cant quite remember but i believe he is 17 or 18 and then later in the show he is in college.

i think shes supposed to be in her very late 20s or early 30s.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
sorry i just saw this!

I cant quite remember but i believe he is 17 or 18 and then later in the show he is in college.

i think shes supposed to be in her very late 20s or early 30s.
It’s ok.

I see. Interesting. Are they showing it in a romantic way?
Old 07-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh yeah, there are some very sexual/racey scenes too.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
oh yeah, there are some very sexual/racey scenes too.
Oh really? Wow. Interesting.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
Harold's reaction to the alien stuff was pure gold, though it is kinda ironic now that the government has officially acknowledged that UFOs kinda are a thing now? LOL I can only imagine how Harold would react to that announcement!
His reaction would be hilarious!

Quote:
The Matt stuff totally caught me off guard, I know the feeling of idolizing someone and them turning out to be a terrible person. I felt so bad for Kate, but I never got the sense the writers were blaming her for what happened, Ephram's reaction was pretty realistic even if it was uncomfortable to watch.
I agree that Ephram's reaction was realistic but uncomfortable to watch. Matt turned out to be a real creep, and it is tough when someone that you looked up to ends up being a terrible person.

Quote:
I'm glad Edna pointed out how laser-focused Amy was on Colin.
I was glad to see that too. Amy really did focus way too much on Colin, which would lead to devastating consequences for her later.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Harold's reaction to the alien stuff was pure gold, though it is kinda ironic now that the government has officially acknowledged that UFOs kinda are a thing now? LOL I can only imagine how Harold would react to that announcement!

The Matt stuff totally caught me off guard, I know the feeling of idolizing someone and them turning out to be a terrible person. I felt so bad for Kate, but I never got the sense the writers were blaming her for what happened, Ephram's reaction was pretty realistic even if it was uncomfortable to watch.

I'm glad Edna pointed out how laser-focused Amy was on Colin.
Agree with your every thought.

Harold might need meditation to deal with the announcement. LOL.
Reply   Post New Thread