Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2022, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I was wondering the same thing... was it even necessary to fire Bright and most likely, the girl? It was dumb but they didn't do anything severely criminal. If they stole money, were rude to customers, I could see instant firings. Even this boss kind of half-smiled (sort of) while realizing what was going on before opening the door. I would have thought a strong warning was more necessary over instant firing. Bright was a good worker.
It was definitely an exaggerated reaction to fire Bright and the girl. I don't see the grounds. If that was a standard procedure for employees, many doctors and nurses would be fired daily for activities in the supply closet!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It does make sense. Ephram was right to want to change the piece and make it perfect for his audition, and Will was right to feel offended. I guess what should have been done was for Ephram to ask Will if he could change it, but I'm not sure that Will wouldn't be angry anyway! It was kind of a lose lose situation.
Exactly! You are right, it was a lose lose situation regardless. They were both right and both wrong. But I think Will admitting giving him the song was a farewell from the start made Ephram want to go "on his own" so to speak reasonable because the situation was evolving into a parting between the two and both of them felt it. I don't think Ephram would have ever considered changing the music if it didn't FEEL like he should or could if that makes sense. I think Ephram intuitively understood what was going on.

Quote:
I was holding my breath when Amanda was pouring her heart out about no longer feeling affection from John and again holding my breath when Andy and Amanda were in her kitchen. I thought that they were going to go at it there! Yeah...it's coming.
Right! The actors are so good I think regardless we are going to feel something even if we know where it leads and the conclusion as well. The acting is definitely really high quality. I wish the writers had more for Heche instead of her character being really hated in the end. We see how lonely and selfless she was from the start. Then she turns into a really unlikable character as the audience was pissed at Andy too. I keep remembering Treat talking about not liking Andy's storylines in S3. He was very disappointed in the direction they took Andy in during this season. I think he speaks for the audience.

Quote:
There is a parallel. Amy was depressed season 2 and Bright is depressed season 3. It's just that Bright's depression is not as evident as Amy's. And it's interesting how Rose and Harold reacted so differently to their children.
Exactly! The way that Amy and Bright expressed their depression is very different even if the center/whole is the same. Bright was more functional but he acted out just the same. Amy needed temporary medication while Bright doesn't need medication, but he certainly needs family support and a distinct plan for his future in place.

Quote:
It was a really nice scene. I'm glad they finally are acting like professional adults and can actually talk to each other respectfully.
Yes, indeed.

Quote:
I agree. Watching these two is so beautiful. They take care of each other's needs wonderfully and know what to say and how to touch. Amy stroking Ephram's hair while he was lying on her lap was exquisite.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was definitely an exaggerated reaction to fire Bright and the girl. I don't see the grounds. If that was a standard procedure for employees, many doctors and nurses would be fired daily for activities in the supply closet!
That’s so true.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That's so true!

I'm actually not sure if the girl got fired as she brought Bright his final paycheck (Harold spoke of her disdainfully saying "Oh, I didn't catch her name, but I do recall smacking gum and strong Christian values"), but maybe they both got fired and Bright's boss gave her Bright's final paycheck and her final paycheck.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's so true!

I'm actually not sure if the girl got fired as she brought Bright his final paycheck (Harold spoke of her disdainfully saying "Oh, I didn't catch her name, but I do recall smacking gum and strong Christian values"), but maybe they both got fired and Bright's boss gave her Bright's final paycheck and her final paycheck.
Great catch! You’re right! She wasn’t fired which makes Bright’s firing even more weird.

But then again I’m trying to remember if he was a manager? Was he higher up? Maybe that is why he was fired because he was above her so in a position of power? Maybe that is why since it changes things slightly.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I was thinking about his "genius" throughout this entire episode in particular. Not only was he passionate about his music but even wanted to attempt to write. Even if it was insensitive, I still love Ephram's passion and wanting to "collaborate" with Will. I love when Amy called him a "genius" too. She might not understand music and she loves to banter with him when it is over her heard, but she fully supports his talent and even finds it hot.
I really liked how this episode showcased Ephram's talent and his love of music.

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing... was it even necessary to fire Bright and most likely, the girl? It was dumb but they didn't do anything severely criminal. If they stole money, were rude to customers, I could see instant firings. Even this boss kind of half-smiled (sort of) while realizing what was going on before opening the door. I would have thought a strong warning was more necessary over instant firing. Bright was a good worker.
That's a good point, but I guess it was done to fit the narrative of the story. They also both had their shirts off, which made things worse.

Quote:
But I think the point regardless is Bright was doing "reckless things" because he wasn't happy overall with his life. He wanted to get fired essentially maybe without realizing it.
Exactly. I think that was the point they were trying to make.

Quote:
I bet he had stories to tell.
My father actually didn't talk about work all that much. He was pretty quiet and somewhat introverted. My mother was his complete opposite where she would talk about her job a lot and she was more extroverted than he was. I tend to take after my father and my sisters took after my mother more personality-wise.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-28-2022, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Great catch! You’re right! She wasn’t fired which makes Bright’s firing even more weird.

But then again I’m trying to remember if he was a manager? Was he higher up? Maybe that is why he was fired because he was above her so in a position of power? Maybe that is why since it changes things slightly.
I don't think that Bright was a manager. He had been named employee of the month, but I don't think that he was a manager. If Bright got fired and the girl didn't, that would be really unfair, but like you said, the point was that Bright was doing "reckless things" because he wasn't happy overall with his life, and they wanted to set up the conflict between him and Harold in this episode.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't think that Bright was a manager. He had been named employee of the month, but I don't think that he was a manager. If Bright got fired and the girl didn't, that would be really unfair, but like you said, the point was that Bright was doing "reckless things" because he wasn't happy overall with his life, and they wanted to set up the conflict between him and Harold in this episode.
Ohhhhh yes, that’s correct. Employee of the month was what he received. Yes, the entire point is Bright absolutely wasn’t happy overall and was acting out. It’s like Amy not showing up for that college thing Harold set up. She didn’t care. That was Bright. He didn’t care, he didn’t have a future plan. He even mentioned to his parents when Harold said he thought he liked the job… Bright basically says that was before. It’s so obvious he tried to make himself happy and satisfied but just couldn’t go there. His life felt out of control and it didn’t help that he didn’t have Ephram in his life during this time period.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I really liked how this episode showcased Ephram's talent and his love of music.

Sadly, I think one of the main reasons for this is to make the baby bomb Madison dropped in front of him which messed up his Juilliard auction all the more devastating.

I choose to focus on the fact that Ephram has all aspects of his life running smoothly due to his love and happiness with Amy.

Quote:
That's a good point, but I guess it was done to fit the narrative of the story. They also both had their shirts off, which made things worse.
Indeed.

Quote:
Exactly. I think that was the point they were trying to make.

Quote:
My father actually didn't talk about work all that much. He was pretty quiet and somewhat introverted. My mother was his complete opposite where she would talk about her job a lot and she was more extroverted than he was. I tend to take after my father and my sisters took after my mother more personality-wise.
What did your mom do for a job?
Old 02-28-2022, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What did your mom do for a job?
She worked as a clerk for the town of Fair Lawn New Jersey where we lived. She did it part time when we were kids and she later worked full-time when we were older. She retired shortly before she passed away.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She worked as a clerk for the town of Fair Lawn New Jersey where we lived. She did it part time when we were kids and she later worked full-time when we were older. She retired shortly before she passed away.
That sounds like a wonderful job. Too bad she couldn’t enjoy retirement fully. But hey, she’s having a blast enjoying her timeless moments in Eternity now.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That sounds like a wonderful job. Too bad she couldn’t enjoy retirement fully. But hey, she’s having a blast enjoying her timeless moments in Eternity now.
That's the one thing I'll always feel sad about, because they both died so young and they never really got to enjoy their retirement years, but like you said, they're both in Heaven now.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Administrator

In some ways, I consider this episode and the next episode to be the high point for Ephram and Amy's romantic relationship, because after that, Ephram snuck off to see Madison's band, which caused Ephram and Amy to have a big argument, and then came Madisongate and their breakup.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's the one thing I'll always feel sad about, because they both died so young and they never really got to enjoy their retirement years, but like you said, they're both in Heaven now.
Same with my mom, Jerry. She retired about 8 months before she passed. It’s not fair (to us) but it was the perfect divine timing for the three of them.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In some ways, I consider this episode and the next episode to be the high point for Ephram and Amy's romantic relationship, because after that, Ephram snuck off to see Madison's band, which caused Ephram and Amy to have a big argument, and then came Madisongate and their breakup.
Oh my gosh, I was thinking the same thing earlier. You are so right on. I don’t think it’s a coincidence we received such great episodes and then the writers had them sleep together for the first time because they knew what was happening next.

Obviously we will discuss this again in depth in a couple of episodes but in many ways I’m more ticked over Ephram seeing Madison’s band over the baby reveal because no matter how much I think about it, I will never accept Ephram Brown sleeping with Amy Abbott for the very first time and practically two seconds later lying to Amy that he’s sick and couldn’t see her that night (for maybe their second time together in every way) in favor of seeing Madison and her band due to lame curiosity. I will never buy how stupid and unrealistic this is. I don’t know what the writers were thinking.
Reply   Post New Thread