Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Gaby I don't have an LJ But thank you

Steph Sounds like you are having a blast, though. I used to mix/match paint when I worked at Wal~Mart. It was actually pretty fun

Well, I started a thread at the Off Topic board, that I actually thought would serve as a good question (something like a Random Question of the Day) for our OT thread here...

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/what-mos...hair-62807735/

(You can answer the question here, of course, and/or also copy and paste that answer on the thread linked above). However, I thought it might be a good discussion topic for out OT Thread

Here's my response...

I'm a pretty conservative person, especially when it comes to my hair. It's always been very fine (but there is lots of it), very straight. It's a natural blonde color (though it has darkened some in the past years), so I'm cautious about doing anything drastic to this delicate hair or it might be permanently scarred

In junior high I had it permed... maybe twice

And the biggest change as far as haircuts that I've ever had was just above the shoulders in a layered type bob. Very cute, but too much trouble to deal with

I've had highlights maybe a dozen times (and that might rounding up) and those highlights were all very natural blonde ones.

I have used a temporary color to add some red tint to my hair once or twice before.

And I've used Sun-In to help naturally lighten the blonde in the summer.

So perhaps the wildest thing I've done to my hair is the wrap that I had put in my hair last week on my trip to FL

Sis made an icon of the wrap in a ponytail

Here is a picture of my hair with the wrap in it:

And pulled back in a ponytail:

The wrap is supposed to stay in up to three months! But I may have to cut it out early for work
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

I had yarn in my hair. Pink yarn.

You tie it in your hair and it looks pretty cool.

I first started messing around with my hair with perming and dying when I was nine.

Anyways, today at work I was at the till all day. When no one was wishing to purchase anything I was sitting there doing more alphabetizing and then shorting them by member number.

I got Michele (my sister) to order the UFO Megaset. Usually on Amazon.ca it's $131.99 but right now it's $71.99... I'll give her the money when I get paid.

And I'm thinking about setting up a plan with my money when I do get it. I'll put stuff in savings, give some to parents for my courses and general house stuff, and of course put some in my checking just to be safe.

I hope to one day have a bunch of Star Trek and stuff on DVD. I have all of The Original Series, but I really want it all. Except for Enterprise. I didn't really much care for Enterprise.

So... yeah, I'm planning on saving up for Star Trek.

I love being a dork.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

I can't think of anything outrageous I've done to my hair. I'm lame.

I'm also getting my passport renewed tomorrow. Just filled out the application online and printed it off and having the pictures taken tomorrow, I hope. It'll be good to have since they are valid for 10 years if you are 16 or older at the time of issuance.
I made my icon.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Steph This wrap in my hair is basically just yarn, too. The girl just wrapped it around and around and around. Your yarn, did you just tie it in and let it dangle

That plan you are attempting to put together with your money sounds very sensible

Gaby Don't worry, this hair wrap thing of mine is really the wildest I've ever done, too

So you already had a passport? How cool is that! I'v never had a passport because I've never had the opportunity to travel outside the country.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So you already had a passport? How cool is that! I'v never had a passport because I've never had the opportunity to travel outside the country.
Yeah, I was in Europe in:
mid-August to early September (like came back September 1) 2001: Italy - outside of Siena first week, outside of Florence the second. No tour, we were on our own and it was amaaaaaazing. We ate at this restaurant in Tuscan village Vagliagli four nights while we were there and I got pasta with winter squash and leeks every time. SO GOOD. I also remember this one time we went to another restaurant and everyone got this meat dish... except for me because at the time, I had been doing the vegetarian thing for about six months. Now it's been more than six years. Traveled there with Dad, his mom, and my younger sister; week 2, my two then-bachelor cousins (the younger of which is now married) and my grandma's friend June showed up.
mid-August to early September 2004: the UK (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales) and ROI (Republic of Ireland) with five days after in London. The first part was a tour, the five days in London were on our own. The tour was very whirlwind, but I enjoyed going to all the places a lot. The time on our own in London was cool too, Mme. Tussand's is ridiculously expensive though. Traveled with Dad, his mom, and my younger sister.
July 8 to July 16, 2005: Tour of Northern France, basically started in Paris and went westward. Went all the way to Mt. St. Michel and my dad was really pleased with himself, getting to climb to the top of that since it's been a childhood dream of his to do so and he's had a bad knee the last few years. I also remember being in Normandy and ordering a piece of a tarte normande for dessert with one lunch. Which is basically like apple pie since Normandy is known for their apples, but I remember it because in French class, for our final project during senior year of high school -- I had graduated just a few weeks before this trip, we had to find a French recipe online and then make a French cooking show to show how to make the recipe and then share the finished project with the class. I found a recipe for a tarte normande for the project so it was really neat to order a real tarte normande so to speak. Traveled with Dad only since it was a high school graduation present from him. (My younger sister and he are leaving on this coming Friday for HER high school graduation present from him: a tour of Italy and a few extra days in Spain [Madrid] after since they were going to save on airfare. They get back on the 19th and the week after that, my sister and I leave to go to our colleges: her on the 26th, me on the 25th.)

So it expired last June and since my mom went a few months ago to get her passport for the first time, I would be the only family member without one. Also, to be honest, I've been looking at the Immigration New Zealand website recently and have been considering getting a working holiday visa to there once I graduate from college. Basically, it would allow me to live there for a year and work. It's for young adults aged 18 to 30 and is sort of like a "try before you buy" migration. Can only do it once; once accepted, you have 12 months to travel to NZ and once you get there, you get working permits valid for 12 months beyond that, It sounds pretty neat to me and the first step on getting to do that is renewing my passport, which went fine today so score. I should be getting the passport in November, there is such a backlog these days in getting one so it's best to get it when you don't really have specific plans within the next year to travel outside the country.
I made my icon.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gaby, I'll add you as soon as I log in on lj the next time How is American Embassy coming along? Are you making progress?

Steph, a busy first day indeed!

Carol, I like the wrap. Thinks it looks great!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gaby, I'll add you as soon as I log in on lj the next time
Cool
Quote:
How is American Embassy coming along? Are you making progress?
My source couldn't quite fix the issues on episodes 2 and 4, but when I have more room on the computer, I'll see if I get them up since audio isn't an issue, it's just visual that's lacking. Right now, my excess computer space is going to leaked pilots I've seen Chuck and Pushing Daisies so far. LOVE the latter and the former is quite enjoyable.
I made my icon.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
Steph This wrap in my hair is basically just yarn, too. The girl just wrapped it around and around and around. Your yarn, did you just tie it in and let it dangle

That plan you are attempting to put together with your money sounds very sensible
Yeah, it was just tied in. It was cool. I had pink yarn in my hair for a while a couple years ago.

It was a real bitch to wash though.

So today I watched this one Bollywood movie Devdas today. It was sad

I always watched Jekyll. All six episodes. Dude, that was awesome. I love Hyde. So. Cool.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Gaby That is so cool that you've gotten to travel like that

Andie Thanks. I kinda like the wrap, too

Steph This hair wrap is a pain to wash... well, not the wrap necessarily, but my hair with the thing in it I've broken off some strands by trying to comb my hair and cathcing it...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Hello all.

I just thought I'd pop in to say how everyone is doing. I've been good. This month has been quite productive. Not sales-wise, seeing as I didn't really have a good month...but, I made up for it by keeping busy.

I saw the new Simpsons movie...and loved it. Just such a funny movie. I am a huge fan of the TV show, so it was so cool to see everything on the big screen. Especially loved the Green Day cameo.

I've been having mini-Grey's Anatomy S3 marathons with my friend Nicole. Which has been alot of fun. We just got up to the Ferryboat disaster episodes...

I went to the Gym with my friend. It was alot of work...and I definetly don't regularly work-out, but it was fun. I think it's something I'm going to do more often. Plus, we had a huge family reunion...so all my cousins and aunt/uncles were over Saturday. That night, my cousin Nick slept over with his wife, two kids, and oh yeah...the five kids he's training for basketball camp. It was interesting having 16-18 year old boys sleeping over my house...hogging my Nintendo Wii.

So, yeah...things have been fun/busy...but, thought I'd come over and see how all my old friends have been. I miss you guys.

kenny | credit
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Hey Ken

Sorry to hear the month hasn't been good sales-wise, but glad you're keeping busy nonetheless

Must be nice to have a big family reunion. I used to go to one in Texas for my maternal grandmother's family every year when I was young, but when Pop-Pop passed away in '98, Mom-Mom moved up to New York since that's where all her kids were (my grandparents lived in Fort Worth for my early life) so I haven't really seen any of them in quite some time.
I made my icon.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ken Glad you joined us on the OT thread ... please come back

I haven't seen the new Simpsons movie, but it looks like it'd be good

Ah, so you are finally watching Grey's Anatomy Didn't you watch before? (I do love your icon, by the way)

Gaby We rarely have family reunions....

to the rest of the Alias fans

Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I have become addicted to Sudoku.

I got this free Sudoku book from the grocery store for free. It didn't sell so they took off the cover to send back to the supplier and gave it away.

Yesterday when I got home from work I was watching Coronation Street and started it. I stayed up until 1am watching Star Trek, NCIS, CSI: Miami, and Hex.

I finished #1 - #13 of the book. And today so far I've done from #14 - #25.

It's... addictive.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Some web sudoku.
I made my icon.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ken, good to see you again over here

Carol, how long do you intend to keep the wrap?

Steph, have fun playing

Gaby, new pilots are additive I am looking forward to the other episodes

What are the plans for the upcoming weekend?