Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Ken, none for now What about you?
Mainly Entourage, Kyle XY, Top Chef, Big Love, and HBO's new series John from Cincinnati.

kenny | credit
Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hello all

I am excited! Mom, Sis, my aunt, and I all fly out to FL tomorrow I'm ready for the beach!

We will have internet access, so I'll still be around, though!

Ken To answer your question, the only summer TV that I'm watching is Big Brother... and I've caught some of Traveler

Andie I haven't seen Harry Potter. In fact, I haven't seen any of the HP movies
Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ken, how Kyle XY's second season so far?

Carol, maybe you'll give it a try one day. Have a great time in Florida with your family

I am going to a festival tomorrow is anyone else having special plans?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Andie, To be honest, it's been alot of filler. The magic is gone. I'm going to just watch til this season is over, but they aren't really giving you (the audience) much of a reason to stick around.

Carol, I remember watching the Traveler "Pilot" --- it was good, but I just knew it wouldn't last.

kenny | credit
Old 07-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Extreme Fan

My favorite colors are red, blue, and purple. I can never decide. And I have this strange love for orange... It's weird.

I haven't watched any of the summer TV shows. I watched a bit of Traveler, but I forgot about.

Mostly I'm watching Gilmore Girls and Criminal Minds (I'm about half way through season 2 now even though I've already seen a bunch of episodes from the second half) and watching movies off the AFI List.

Oh, and Prison Break. Finally getting around to watching more of that.

And I saw Harry Potter the other day. It was pretty good. I liked the book better to be honest.

My right wrist starting acting up on me again the other day so I'm trying to take it easy. I actually moved my mouse over to the left side and I'm using my left hand to control the mouse. Oddly, I like it like this. I find it easier to type with the keyboard set up like this.

And... I still don't have a job. I tried at the library, museum, and the hardware store. No one wants me. Oh well...

Oh, and I started a new college course the other day. Dreamweaver. It seems like fun. I've mostly just read some horribly written typo filled notes (oh my god they're horrible! I can read them, but spelling errors piss me off) and haven't really worked much with the program so far.

That's all that's been going on so far this summer.

Oh, and my toe is basically all better. It's kind of odd having no toenail there, but it's fine.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi

Although I didn't post that I would be away on my "girl family" trip to FL, I was MIA Sat and Sun. We were supposed to have internet connection in the condo as I must do about two hours of work each night for the web classes I'm teaching. However, I couldn't figure out the internet. We finally got it working tonight!

So I should still be around this week, but wanted to apologize for the absence this weekend.

Off to bed now ... will catch up tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ken, season 1 was much better? What about Psych? Any good this season? I haven't gotten around to watch it yet.

I did watched some older stuff: i have recently been watching my The Pretender Season 2 dvds and before that Tru Calling, the complete series for the first time.

Steph, sorry about your wurst Good luck with the class. i hope you enjoy it Prison Break... are you watching it for the first time? Do you like it so far?

Carol, good to have you back
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I spent today lounging at the beach I did get a bit of a sunburn though
Old 07-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Well, ya'll, I have to post about my travel thus far .... and yes.... the following chunk will also be posted on a few other OT threads I frequent, so if you've read it there, no need to re-read now

As you know, I'm currently in Fort Walton, FL on vacation! It has been awesome so far! However, as is typical of me, the travel adventures are many. They began on Day 1....

Day 1 -- Sat, July 14th

Our flight out of Ft. Smith was delayed an hour and forty five minutes due to bad weather in Dallas (our connection)

Then the staff announced that the small Embrea jet we were to fly on was downgraded to a prop plane with broken seats so they needed volunteers to give up their seats. No way!

We were able to keep our seats and eventually got through security with relatively few problems, but then learned that not only was the plane a prop plane with broken seats, but the lavoratory was also inoperable.

We all scurried to the restrooms before we boarded the hour flight.

We almost missed our connecting flight in Dallas; the plane landed at 3:30m (took about 10 minutes to get unloaded); our connecting flight to FL was scheduled to board at 3:30 and leave at 4:00. I think we got on the plane at 4:00 sharp as they were calling for us as we ran up to the gate.

The flight to FL from Dallas was an adventure in itself, too. Near Fort Walton, we hit major turbulence, more than I had ever exerperienced and I've been in some turbulent flights. The flight attendant announced we would prepare for landing early because of storms in the Ft. Walton area. The pilot announced that he would try to skirt the storm. However, we didn't skirt it too much -- hit turbulence so hard that people screamed. There was just a little bit of bumps and then WHAM all of a sudden we dropped, like free falling! I know I gasped, but I don't think I was one of the folks who screamed. I might have been! I do know that about all I could do was laugh as we jostled about, thinking I must be in a jinx on these airplanes.

We landed in Ft. Walton, but had to sit on the tarmac another half hour while the plane in front of us unloaded. Apparently, there is only one gate at the airport and another plane had beat us to the gate. In fact, the pilot even left the cockpit and came to the back of the place to use the restroom we were waiting so long.

The restroom on this plane, thankfully, was operable, unlike the one on the flight from Ft. Smith to Dallas. Before the turbulance, I tried to use the restroom and couldn't get the door open. I pushed on the door. Nothing happened. I pushed againl. Nothing. The guy sitting directly to the right told me to pull. I pulled. It opened.

Once at Ft. Walton, we had to wait another twenty minutes for the luggage. And while we waited the guy from the plane restroom aka Military Man was flirting with me. He indicated he had no place to stay and was in town all week. Mom, Sis, and I laughed on the way to the condo teasing that he must have been trying to find a place to stay by flirting with me. Didn't happen.

We've been having a blast! As I typically do, I certainly have had my share of travel adventures. Can't wait to see what other excitment awaits!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Today was my birthday. It was wonderful. I must elaborate when I have more time.
I made my icon.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I started watching Prison Break a while back, but I kept on getting distracted by other TV shows.

I finished watching all of Criminal Minds yesterday, and have decided that I'm going to go and get all caught up on Prison Break. So far I'm on episode 15 of season 1, and I love it. I love Michael. Sooo much.

My wrist is doing better. It seems that moving my keyboard around really helped. Well, my right wrist. I'm probably just going to mess up my left wrist like I did my right wrist. Then they'll be even.

And... I read the new Harry Potter book. I found it around. I think it was pretty good, but it could have been better. I shall say no spoilers.

And happy birthday BepperGirl! Hope you had a good one.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Today was my birthday. It was wonderful. I must elaborate when I have more time.
Happy Belated birthday How did we miss it? Did you post your b-day on our b-day thread? If so, I must have missed it.... Sorry about that.

Steph I've seen a few episodes of Criminal Minds.... pretty good show

to everyone else....

Well, today is my last day at the beach.... We fly home tomorrow. We've been having a great time Sis and I went ocean kayaking..... we kayaked right by some dolphins yesterday and out among jellyfish today I'm sure I'll tell you all about it (and post pictures) later.

Carol
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Heeeyyy... There was this bump on my toe and I didn't think anything of it, but my mom and then Michele said to me, "That's your nail."

Huh. That's weird. It's been a little more than a month and it's already grown back a bit...

Here's a picture of my toe:

Yes, I was taking pictures earlier... That's me.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

I've wanted to see CM but I have enough shows to catch up (for instance, I just recently decided to watch Buffy for the first time... right now I've seen up until the second episode of season 2.. saw a little of episode 3, but not much since my mum came home while I was watching.. she had been on vacay for a week with my sister, I didn't go because of school and work, bleh) on so it's on hold. I saw season 1 of Prison Break earlier in the summer, Steph, as well as the season 2 premiere. I love Lincoln/Sara, not wildly fond of Michael though. Am wildly fond of Veronica and C-Note. These all seem to be unpopular opinions, but whatever.

Thanks for the wishes, also, Steph and Carol. And Carol, yes, I did post in the birthdays thread.

So to recap my birthday:
1. I'm on the fifth box of documents for scanning.
2. Went out for Thai food for the first time. Turns out that I LOVE Thai food. I got pineapple fried rice with tofu. Yummy. I was debating getting pad thai with tofu, but then changed my mind.
3. Watched the first two episodes of season 2 Buffy tonight. Grrrr, Xander and Willow were so close to kissing when that vampire showed up. Grr.
4. Other presents were received. These included: a beautiful butterfly necklace from my dad's mum; from Dad, four or five books on mathematics, Natalie Angier's Woman, travel edition of Scrabble, handheld Sudoku game, pack of cards, and I think some plays are coming including one on St. Joan; from Mum, a purse, a polo shirt, a blue plaid bag with $5, some pants for working out in the gym, gift cards, Scrubs season 1, Roswell season 2, and a year subscription to Dell Math and Logic Puzzles (I always get that now); money from Mum's mum and sisters; and Buffy s2 from Mum's brother.
5. Watched Big Brother.
6. Went out for ice cream and Dad told them it was my birthday so they sang the song. SO EMBARRASSING OMG. I am 20. Geez, Dad.
7. Meant to watch Burn Notice, but was catching up on the interwebs so I'll have to watch a rerun.

Now I'm working on trying to fix my laptop from a virus. On the desktop atm, but hopefully I'll get on the laptop soon. It's been running so slow.
I made my icon.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

BepperGirl Sounds like you had a good birthday

Steph Glad you are getting your toenail back