Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I thought this was a classy thing for Dawson to do. He could have been very spiteful because of the Season 3 stuff with Pacey/Joey, but instead he chose the decent thing to do
Well considering he didn't feel the need to give Joey a heads up about his hook up with Jen maybe he was just trying to make a point. Although it would have been funny to hear Pacey tell Dawson that he liked Joey and that he was just giving Dawson's a heads up and that he wasn't looking for his permission to pursue her. I suspect Dawson wouldn't have been all that impressed.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I am with NewMom on this I think Dawson did a good thing informing Pacey of his feelings for his sister.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

I am so tired of hearing how wrong it was Pacey and Joey to be together. Watch any other soap opera on tv where people cheat and hook up behind others backs. Joey hadn't been with Dawson for almost a year when her and Pacey got together which even she pointed out to him. She had feelings for Pacey too. She even told Dawson she needs Pacey, but not the way she needs him. This is life. You can't control who you love. The heart wants what the heart wants. Let's go back to Dylan cheating with Kelly behind Brenda's back when she was in Paris. That went on for a while. How about Lucas almost sleeping with Peyton when with Brooke. How about Zander and Willow making out behind Cordy and Oz's back. I bet there's at least ten more couples I could name. Pacey and Joey are saints in the way they got together compared to these other tv people.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, I also do not see how anyone can say that Pacey should have just "ignored" the fact that he fell in love with Joey. How on earth can anyone say that you should just IGNORE being in love with someone? I think some people just feel like Pacey had a crush or physical attraction to Joey that he could just turn off. NOT a chance. He was IN LOVE with her. There is a big difference there. And of course, Joey was in love with Pacey too..

So Pacey should have just stepped aside and let Dawson take however long he needed to finally decide when he would feel it was an appropriate time to come and claim his soulmate again? That is so stupid even writing these words. Just doesn't make sense.

Pacey and Joey FELL IN LOVE with each other. And they had every right to explore that love.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Absolute Fan

What do you guys think Dawson's reaction would have been if Joey would have told him about her feelings for Pacey in "Stolen Kisses"? She was getting ready to tell him, then Aunt Gwen walked in.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not a Friends fan (so correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't Joey fall in love with Rachel, Ross's ex-girlfriend (even though they hadn't been together in years), and didn't he tell Ross he had feelings for her before she herself knew about those feelings? Don't you think that's the sort of thing Pacey should have done?
Pacey and Dawson had been best friends about 10 years right, and he put feelings he had for a girl (which could've been temporary) before his friendship. To be honest, I don't feel that Pacey really tried with Dawson and it's no surprise that they were never best friends again.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sooz*
I'm not a Friends fan (so correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't Joey fall in love with Rachel, Ross's ex-girlfriend (even though they hadn't been together in years), and didn't he tell Ross he had feelings for her before she herself knew about those feelings? Don't you think that's the sort of thing Pacey should have done?
Pacey and Dawson had been best friends about 10 years right, and he put feelings he had for a girl (which could've been temporary) before his friendship. To be honest, I don't feel that Pacey really tried with Dawson and it's no surprise that they were never best friends again.
I am a huge Friends fanatic (my favorite show of all time) and BIG TIME Ross/Rachel fan (my favorite couple of all time) so I will answer this for you.. First off, Joey was never "in love" with Rachel. It was just a big crush. But yes, you're right, Joey did go to Ross before telling Rachel. Here is how it went down.. In season 8, for three episodes, Joey battles with his feelings for Rachel. Then during the 4th episode in TOW The Birthing Video, Joey confesses to Ross that he has feelings for Rachel. Then in the very next episode, Ross tells Joey that he should confess to Rachel about his feelings for her. So yes, you are absolutely correct. Joey did go to Ross before going to Rachel.

There are mulitple differences between Friends and Creek but I must say that on Friends, the writers took pride in always admitting and showing the huge heart they had for Ross/Rachel, as well as the importance of never destroying ANY relationships betweeen the "6" on the show. The whole point of the show was to demonstrate the chemistry and closeness of all six first and foremost, while also highlighting the lovestory between Ross and Rachel that literally started in the pilot.. Of course, eventually the C/M lovestory came into play also....

I guess what I am saying is Friends had a much different agenda than the Creek did. So, it's kind of hard to compare.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-07-2004 at 07:59 AM
Old 08-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
IIRC, wasn't Rachel pregnant with Ross's baby when Joey first started crushing on Rachel? Completely different than what was going on in the 16 year olds on the creek. And then, at another point later in ther series didn't Joey and Rachel hook up while Ross started something up with Joey's girlfriend? I don't remember if Joey went to Ross that time or not, wasn't a regular watcher, but saw episodes here and there.

As far as the issue of Dawson giving Pacey a heads up, Dawson was just trying to rub Pacey's nose in it. Like someone else said, if it was because he was so noble, why hook up with Jen without giving Joey a heads up when he knew she was daydreaming for the two of them? That's just another example of the writers trying to improve Dawson's character that backfired. Because the part of the fan base that they needed to influence, (non Dawson fans) were just more turned off. Maybe if Dawson hadn't come across as so smug during that scene it would have been different, but unfornately for the character of Dawson, things that maybe should have been acts of kindness, or endearing came across as smug and condescending more often than not.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by notsomuch

As far as the issue of Dawson giving Pacey a heads up, Dawson was just trying to rub Pacey's nose in it.
I don't believe that for a single Second. He was letting Pacey know so Pacey would not be caught off guard by it. He grew feelings for his sister and let Pacey know about it. Season 5 has nothing to do with Dawson telling Pacey he had feelings for Gretchen. Jen was not Joey's sister and Dawson explained at the train station about his feelings I am sure it would have been better if Dawson told her but the whole Jen thing was kind of fast when it happened I mean I don't think he planned on sleeping with her and he was still going through emotion with his dad and stuff and Jen kissed him I just cant see anyone stopping to make a call to there ex girlfriend that are about to have sex. Now I don't think it would have been a good thing for him and Jen to sneak around. Even during that cut scene some people talk about Joey say's she had no claim on Dawson just like he did not have 1 on her in season 3.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by notsomuch
IIRC, wasn't Rachel pregnant with Ross's baby when Joey first started crushing on Rachel? Completely different than what was going on in the 16 year olds on the creek. And then, at another point later in ther series didn't Joey and Rachel hook up while Ross started something up with Joey's girlfriend? I don't remember if Joey went to Ross that time or not, wasn't a regular watcher, but saw episodes here and there.

Yes, Rachel was pregnant with Ross's baby when Joey first started crushing on Rachel. You're right, in season 9, Charlie was Joey's girlfriend, but it turned out that Charlie was really into Ross.. Whenever Joey realized this, he thought it was okay to act on his crush for Rachel, and at the time, Rachel also had a crush on Joey. How it all turned out was Joey was planning on telling Ross on the plane coming home from Barbados but ended up delaying it. Then, before Rachel and Joey had a chance to tell Ross, Ross walked in on Rachel and Joey kissing and that is how he found out. But the very next episode, Joey talks to Ross and tells him that if he is not okay with it, BOTH Joey and Rachel said that they would not go forward with it if it would be too hard for Ross. Ross and Joey had a huge heart to heart (I LOVE this scene) and Ross told him that he wants his two friends to be happy.. (meaning Joey and Rachel) and even if he was struggling with it, that was okay because he wanted Joey and Rachel to be happy and explore their feelings.. I thought Ross was so selfless and decent for giving them his blessing even though I am a die-hard R/R fan. Then, of course, the very next episode, we find out instantly that Joey and Rachel were not at all meant to be romantically and they were just too good of friends as Rachel kept hitting him every time he tried to touch her, etc. Even Joey couldn't undo Rachel's bra and that definitely said something because Joey was a professional at getting women's bras unhooked in an instant.

Again, I do find it very difficult to compare what went on in Friends versus Creek because it was just so different.. First of all, PJ were IN LOVE with each other and Joey and Rachel were not in love with each other. Secondly, we are dealing with different age groups. Thirdly, the writers on Friends versus the writers on the Creek were so different. And lastly, Ross and Dawson are like night and day in the sense that Ross is a very selfless person.. He always was. Dawson, on the other hand was an extremely self absorbed and all about the "Me, Me, Me". Perfect example of this is Ross wanted Rachel and Joey to be happy and if that meant being together, no matter how hard it would have been for him, he still wanted them to be happy and explore their feelings. Whereas Dawson certainly did not have PJ's happiness in any part of the equation. Dawson could have cared less if PJ were happy together because Dawson WASN'T happy himself. That is why I am now convinced that if Pacey would have gone to Dawson before acting on his feelings for Joey, I don't think it would have made much difference. He was bound to blow up and focus on how it was going to affect him first and foremost. That was Dawson.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Well taking into consideration that in season 5 Dawson didnt feel the need to give Joey any sort of heads up or even tell her as soon as possible that he was starting something with Jen it kind of puts into question the motives of Dawson when he did choose to tell Pacey about Gretchen. I really didnt see it as a sign of nobility, after all, at first glance what does that situation look like? Highly scorned guy jumps at the sister of the offender just months after offense took place then decides to sit him down and tell, not ask him, that he's going to be with her once again jabbing at the fact that offender wasnt quick enough to offer him the same courtesty. Maybe that wasnt the situation to some but if its not and Dawson really is so noble, as someone else mentioned, why didnt he extend the same courtesy to someone who WOULD really be affected by his hookup wth Jen, Joey?

Dawson was really let off the hook for so many things that he freaked out about simply because the writers didnt choose to pick up on the drama or the hypocrisy.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

WORD to Sugz's post.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by newmom5497
I still think that it was wrong of Pacey to go for Joey. It made for GREAT tv, and I loved the whole triangle storyline....but Pacey knew that Dawson still had feelings for Joey(and always would) and I think he should have steered clear.(If it were "real" life, and not tv...for tv it was GREAT drama). I mean many people are attracted to various people in their lives, but they steer clear because its their sister's ex-husband, or their best-friends ex-girlfriend etc. Morality comes into play, and should when it comes to friendship. [/B]
I can't imagine why Pacey shouldn't have pursued his feelings for Joey in the grounds that Dawson had and "always" would have feelings for her. That would be terrible for Pacey. They live in a small town and go to the same school. Meaning, Pacey would have to endure every single day of pretending to be just friends with Joey everytime they're hanging out even though his heart wants more? That situation really sucks, considering that the reason he is doing it is because Dawson "might" want to get back with her! Like what Joey said in "Cinderella Story" that the most "painful" thing of all is love unexplored.

The word "morality" was also mentioned. Morality is not subjective. It is universal. This being said, I know that what Pacey did is not "immoral". In general, it is not "immoral" to date your friend's ex. Cheating is, which is not the case here. You may risk your friendship with that person (that's the sacrifice that Pacey took), but there's nothing "immoral" about it.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

wonderful post Pacey28

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Absolute Fan

I second that. ITA with you Pacey28.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread