View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 05:32 AM
pACEy28
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by newmom5497
I still think that it was wrong of Pacey to go for Joey. It made for GREAT tv, and I loved the whole triangle storyline....but Pacey knew that Dawson still had feelings for Joey(and always would) and I think he should have steered clear.(If it were "real" life, and not tv...for tv it was GREAT drama). I mean many people are attracted to various people in their lives, but they steer clear because its their sister's ex-husband, or their best-friends ex-girlfriend etc. Morality comes into play, and should when it comes to friendship. [/B]
I can't imagine why Pacey shouldn't have pursued his feelings for Joey in the grounds that Dawson had and "always" would have feelings for her. That would be terrible for Pacey. They live in a small town and go to the same school. Meaning, Pacey would have to endure every single day of pretending to be just friends with Joey everytime they're hanging out even though his heart wants more? That situation really sucks, considering that the reason he is doing it is because Dawson "might" want to get back with her! Like what Joey said in "Cinderella Story" that the most "painful" thing of all is love unexplored.

The word "morality" was also mentioned. Morality is not subjective. It is universal. This being said, I know that what Pacey did is not "immoral". In general, it is not "immoral" to date your friend's ex. Cheating is, which is not the case here. You may risk your friendship with that person (that's the sacrifice that Pacey took), but there's nothing "immoral" about it.