Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by COOLCAT200:
<STRONG>In my opinion though I saw no real need to kill Jen off.</STRONG>
I agree.
Though Michelle wasn't happy about it too so I heard, she should have talked to Kevin about it if she wasn't happy [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

JMO...

See, I think Jen's death made the finale work, and (looking back) really made Dawson's Creek All. About. Jen. The show hinged on her presence. It began when Jen came to Capeside. She was different and ultimately she taught each creeker a lesson and brought out a part of that person that was hidden. Then she died and the show ended. Kinda brings it full circle, huh?
Old 02-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by * Heather *:
<STRONG>JMO...

See, I think Jen's death made the finale work, and (looking back) really made Dawson's Creek All. About. Jen. The show hinged on her presence. It began when Jen came to Capeside. She was different and ultimately she taught each creeker a lesson and brought out a part of that person that was hidden. Then she died and the show ended. Kinda brings it full circle, huh?</STRONG>
Ironically that is very true. Jen did have alot of impact on the show in the beginning and so it fit for her to be what finally got these characters to figure out their lives. Although it is still sad that Jen didn't get a happy ending; especially since she seemed to have struggled the most her life. I guess the point was to get everybody to realize that we never know when we will die. Life is short so you have to make every day count.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Total Fan

Probably The whole Jen thing is what really made me appreciate the finale..i don't think it's been onr of the best episode of ever..it seemed to me that every scene was put after another witout a real logic sense or better there was a sense but it wasn't a good way to put them together..i can't explain..
Old 07-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's not true that they only had Pacey and Joey end up together to satisfy the fans. Actually, it was originaly intended to have Dawson and Joey end up together but then after writing a certain scene where Dawson defines what a soul-mate is, to his little sister Lily (this scene was edited out, btw)... KW realized that he doesn't really see Dawson and Joey living together day-to-day and that Pacey and Joey belong together. 'Cause the most passion and the most grand romance on the show was really between Joey and Pacey -- this was all said by KW and Paul Stupin on the commentary by the way. And they also said that in their opinions... Joey and Dawson did end up together, in a way. They ended up as friends and soul-mates. And that's what they were trying to say, that a soul-mate isn't necessarily a lover.. it's usually more of a best friend, like with Jack and Jen. And in the end Dawson accepts that, so it's like everybody wins... they also said that they were gonna have Joey say that Dawson and her were a pure childhood love, but her love for Pacey was the first time she ever loved a man, as a woman. But they edited that out because they thought that would give it away. So, it had nothing to do with the actors or the fans... it's what KW and the rest of the writers thought was right.

Oh, and also... KW said he'd always planned for Doug to be gay, I don't think it was lame at all. And Michelle was surprised about her character being killed off at first, but then she got really excited about it... so she did like the idea.

Last edited by Cookie Simone; 07-16-2004 at 03:54 PM
Old 07-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Heather *
JMO...

See, I think Jen's death made the finale work, and (looking back) really made Dawson's Creek All. About. Jen. The show hinged on her presence. It began when Jen came to Capeside. She was different and ultimately she taught each creeker a lesson and brought out a part of that person that was hidden. Then she died and the show ended. Kinda brings it full circle, huh?
That it true, we did get to see her full circle but I don't think it made DC all about Jen (I wish it had been ).

I actually thought Jen's death was the most realistic part of the whole finale. It just seemed so real and so sad to me. Other parts seemed very contrived but the death scenes were well written and acted in my opinion.

In answer to the original question - I don't think that is really the answer to why the finale had that outcome. I don't think that Katie Holmes had ultimate say in the writing although I could be wrong .

Every now and then I fall apart
Closed Thread   Post New Thread