Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2014, 05:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
welcome Ken. interesting thoughts here.
Thank you. I've posted once every six months. I'll try to do better

But help me! I have all the seasons, and a netflix-membership..but the boxes are just dustcollectors now.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1983 (View Post)
Thank you. I've posted once every six months. I'll try to do better

But help me! I have all the seasons, and a netflix-membership..but the boxes are just dustcollectors now.
Pacey and joey wound up together. the show unfortunately didn't end after season 4. I think we do manage to rewatch the episodes and still get bored with season 4. Season 3 I liked.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:29 AM
New Fan

I could have coped with season 4 and all that happend, IF the last 30 min of the series finale lived up to what it promised.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I could have coped with season 4 and all that happend, IF the last 30 min of the series finale lived up to what it promised.
you mean a dawson and joey ending? that was the original intent, but pacey and joey got popular apparently. you must be a fan of dawson and joey as characters I'm assuming. and pacey was going to end with andie originally.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
you mean a dawson and joey ending? that was the original intent, but pacey and joey got popular apparently. you must be a fan of dawson and joey as characters I'm assuming. and pacey was going to end with andie originally.
Of course I'm a D/J-fan. Every person with their head properly connected is.
I know all about how it was intended to be. and that Williamson suddenly changed it. Some say because "Andie" couldn't stay for filming, some say that Kevin got an epiphany..anyway, the endig ruined the show for me. I wish someone could un-ruin it.

Last edited by Ken1983; 08-24-2014 at 09:18 AM
Old 08-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Of course I'm a D/J-fan. Every person with their head properly connected is.
I know all about how it was intended to be. and that Williamson suddenly changed it. Some say because "Andie" couldn't stay for filming, some say that Kevin got an epiphany..anyway, the endig ruined the show for me. I wish someone could un-ruin it.
word! kevin williamson got an epiphany? and yes I wish too.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:41 PM
New Fan

Yes, an epiphany. He said that he thought he was going for D/J-ending, but one night he couldn't shake the feeling that it would be better with P/J- Unbelieveable...

interesting.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

interesting. he should have stuck with original ending. gee now I know why it's called Dawson's creek. the fights are always about him when Pjos concerned.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:08 PM
New Fan

True. I guess that happy moment in the sofa at the end of the series finale wasn't representing the months that followed - when Joey understood that she chose wrong, and Pacey understood that he would always be second to Dawson.

Come on, make the movie. Fix this.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True. I guess that happy moment in the sofa at the end of the series finale wasn't representing the months that followed - when Joey understood that she chose wrong, and Pacey understood that he would always be second to Dawson.

Come on, make the movie. Fix this.
word. they kept fighting about dawson constantly. I've never seen that. how many times did they fight about him?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
New Fan

Just finished season 1. That speech from Joey's father... It seems like the writers somehow just managed to forget everything they wrote back then.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just finished season 1. That speech from Joey's father... It seems like the writers somehow just managed to forget everything they wrote back then.
you must be rewatching.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:45 AM
New Fan

I rewatched season 1 this spring, but I didn't see the season finale.
I saw that yesterday after reading on this forum.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh ok.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Every once in a while my mind wanderes back to when I was 16/17 and found this TV show about someone who was my age. I instantly fell in love with Joey Potter, and I instantly felt that I could relate with Dawson Leery.
I think the very first episode I watched was the one were Dawson and Eve were caught on stage with Joey in the audience. I wuickly understood that this was a show about these two, and how they were bound to end up together.
I saw the first two seasons and I loved it even more. When season 3 came, with everything that went on there towards the end, I didn't mind at all. Pacey was a character I liked. Even with season 4 I endured, because I knew that it would all be ok in the end.

Here in Norway, we were a bit behind with the episodes, so when I read online somewhere that Joey ended up with Pacey, I couldn't believe it. I stopped watching. Pointless, I thought.

A couple years later I watched the episodes I missed, so I have seen everything.

Now I am 31 years old and at times I think about this show that was on my mind so much growing up. I want to watch episodes again and be nostalgic about it - but I just can't. On the one hand I want to forget about the whole thing and pretend it never happened, while on the other hand I want to watch these episodes that managed to "get into my head" when I was a teenager.
Just a simple re-write, something that showed me that these two persons would end up together, would make me watch it over and over again. With the "current" ending, I'm not watching - and that makes me a bit sad, actually.

I've asked this question before, but how do you manage to still love and watch the show. I can't just disregard the things I didn't like. I wished they would have ended it after season 4...
Great Post!..I totally agree..I'm a big Dawson/Joey Fan since the start back when I was 17/18 and loved James and Katie's Chemistry..and the Dawson's Creek Story was always about DJ and it was logical to end with them. But after that series finale ending it makes it really hard to re-watch series DVD's knowing the ending.

I remember the original ending written by KW and was changed due to Paul Stupin's Opinion. I think lot of the writers changed over the years and if the original ones where there it would of been a DJ ending..I always say to myself if you have watched the show from the start to end and know the storyline it always leads back to DJ..classic example is the finale where pacey always gets in trouble and DJ have that look! They just look like a married couple! To me it will always be DJ in the end as we know how the story ends..the show ended but it was unfinished!

But still to this day its hard to discuss and watch the show due to that ending it ripped out what the whole show was about and even non DJ fans agree!!

It sometimes remembering some certain scenes that remind us that it will be DJ even post that stupid ending..1 scene remind me of it..

Season 4 with Mr Brooks before he died about his best friend and etc..It proved that Joey's Heart would always be with Dawson.

Anyway moving on this depresses me sometimes..I'm glad we have a DJ family to discuss and support each other..and we at least witnessed the best couple on TV and their story..

I do remember we created Virtual DC season 7 to fix the ending and post ending stories..

keep the faith always

djers
Closed Thread   Post New Thread