Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved Pacey, always did but his "I'm never good enough, I have no future bs" got on my last nerve!
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I understood it in the beginning but then in season 2 we saw him turn his life around only to mess it up again and he blames it all on Dawson or Joey but that is all on him. We saw that he could be more if he just tried but he gave up again in season 3 because he lost Andie. So all his failure from then on is his fault. He could have had a future and gone to college. If he had continued the way he did in season 2 he would have graduated easily and could have gotten into a decent college.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Addicted Fan

I understand why Pacey felt that way but Pacey could of gotten his grades up later and went to a community college, he didnt have to get into a major university. I just thought the writers dropped ball on pacey with that.

but his "I'm not good enough" bs got old, no matter how many times people told him it wasnt true.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I understand why Pacey felt that way but Pacey could of gotten his grades up later and went to a community college, he didnt have to get into a major university. I just thought the writers dropped ball on pacey with that.

but his "I'm not good enough" bs got old, no matter how many times people told him it wasnt true.
I love pacey most of the time but when he is sad I don't love him. He is one of my favorite TV characters of all time. I feel like his life went downhill.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 01-04-2012 at 01:36 PM
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

They did mess that up. I hated it. He made up for all his crap in the 2nd season and was getting A's and B's in his classes and then they just reverted him back to his old ways. What the hell was the point of making him do well just to kick him back down again?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
They did mess that up. I hated it. He made up for all his crap in the 2nd season and was getting A's and B's in his classes and then they just reverted him back to his old ways. What the hell was the point of making him do well just to kick him back down again?
He keeps bringing the word failure up.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

He just clung to his so called identity of being a failure and used that as an excuse to slack off. Everyone including himself knew that he could do better but he just choose not to and then blamed it on the fact that everyone thinks he's a failure so he is. He was just lazy
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He just clung to his so called identity of being a failure and used that as an excuse to slack off. Everyone including himself knew that he could do better but he just choose not to and then blamed it on the fact that everyone thinks he's a failure so he is. He was just lazy
I didn't really like pacey anymore by the end of the show. He was always so insecure.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya my love for him went down and down as the show went on. I just hated that in the series finale he has this successful restaurant and he is doing so well only to find out he has gone back to sleeping with older women and she is married. There is always something there that makes me so mad at him. They can't just have do good for once, they need to mess it up.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

The reason Pacey felt so bad about himself was because he grew up in an awful family environment, the family dynamics truly mess you up if they're off and Pacey was hurt badly by his family, he never felt he was good enough.. He slept with a married woman because he wanted no emotional attachments because who he really wanted was out of reach at the moment.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ya my love for him went down and down as the show went on. I just hated that in the series finale he has this successful restaurant and he is doing so well only to find out he has gone back to sleeping with older women and she is married. There is always something there that makes me so mad at him. They can't just have do good for once, they need to mess it up.
I agree with Natasha and Roger. I hated pacey by the end of the show when he being insecure and sleeping with an engaged woman, losing Dawsons' money, failing, getting arrested, getting into fights, not going to college, dating his best friend's girl, and getting fired.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The reason Pacey felt so bad about himself was because he grew up in an awful family environment, the family dynamics truly mess you up if they're off and Pacey was hurt badly by his family, he never felt he was good enough.. He slept with a married woman because he wanted no emotional attachments because who he really wanted was out of reach at the moment.
Yes I agree! I hate when people blame Joey for the way that Pacey feels about himself when he was like that long before Joey came around. It was his entire family, mostly his father. Even though he did later develop a relationship with his brother does not make up for years of neglect and verbal abuse that he recieved from his family. He always had those issues, never got over them and he brought them into his relationships and that is why they never worked out.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yes I agree! I hate when people blame Joey for the way that Pacey feels about himself when he was like that long before Joey came around. It was his entire family, mostly his father. Even though he did later develop a relationship with his brother does not make up for years of neglect and verbal abuse that he recieved from his family. He always had those issues, never got over them and he brought them into his relationships and that is why they never worked out.
I agree, Joey was never the reason Pacey felt so badly of himself, I also hate it when they try and blame her, she did nothing but love Pacey but Pacey's family did a number on him and it ran alot deeper than anyone could ever imagine. He suffered low self esteem and mostly has his father to blame for that, as well his whole family, only person that give him abuse like that was his sister Gretchen.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
I hated pacey by the end of the show when he being insecure and sleeping with an engaged woman, losing Dawsons' money, failing, getting arrested, getting into fights, not going to college, dating his best friend's girl, and getting fired.
I wouldn't go as far as to say hate but I don't see how the writers never saw more potential in Pacey than what you wrote right there. Every time he took a step forward he'd take two back and as a viewer that kind of repetition got kind of irritating.

Quote:
Even though he did later develop a relationship with his brother does not make up for years of neglect and verbal abuse that he recieved from his family.
I don't understand why this storyline wasn't given a bigger priority in the series. It was like the years of verbal abuse and whatnot didn't really matter
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‘ChelsღChina (View Post)
I wouldn't go as far as to say hate but I don't see how the writers never saw more potential in Pacey than what you wrote right there. Every time he took a step forward he'd take two back and as a viewer that kind of repetition got kind of irritating.

I don't understand why this storyline wasn't given a bigger priority in the series. It was like the years of verbal abuse and whatnot didn't really matter
ok dislike Rach just for you. and yes I agree with Natasha.