Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

They were a very nice couple; I didn't like the way they ended things though

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Addicted Fan

ITA...they were very cute and funny together...but I think that their relationship/friendship was exactly what Pacey had said to Emma...

Pacey: Ok. I used to think that Audrey and I were the perfect fit. And we were, 'cause for the first time in any of my relationships, we were on equal footing. There was no mind games, no high drama, no angst. It was just fun.

Pacey was at a point in his life that he needed the fun over the Drama...and Audrey wasn't part of the "Capeside Drama Club" so he could just be himself,
but after the fun had been played out...he realized that they were not compatible
and had come from very different backgrounds, and of course the small fact, that
he was still in love with Joey, and no one knew that better, then Audrey herself!!
She watched him pull further and further away from her, as he tried to make something of himself... for Joey, and the further away he pulled the more insecure and depressed she became, eventually drinking herself into oblivion.

I thought the writers gave it a very "real" ending for them, not to say that it wasn't painful, but what break-up isn't painful. I can still see Andie standing on the sideline at the Junior Prom watching Pacey and Joey dancing. Pacey and Joey were the..."Lovestory" the showrunners were telling, (whether you agreed or not) and so therefore any other people that became involved with them would have to be hurt, in order to resume their journey.

While it lasted Pacey and Audrey were fun to watch on screen, but I never thought that they would last, because all throughout season 5 they continued to show feelings between Pacey and Joey, they showed them encouraging each other and being there supporting the other, you just knew that this "Lovestory" was not over!

and in the very first show of season 6 they proved it...as they had Pacey and Joey immeditately bring up their past, of their summer together on the "True Love"...
I knew Pacey and Audrey were... doomed!!
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
KatieNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

I thought this is was an appreciation thread? Why is pacey and joey mentioned?
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I thought appreciation threads were to discuss the couple...good, bad, or indifferent. I think you can appreciate them from all sides of their relationship, and discussing how and why they broke up is part of their story!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I actually agree; I"d really like if we could keep it PA without talking about other couples; there is already a PJ thread for that

Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieNap (View Post)
I thought appreciation threads were to discuss the couple...good, bad, or indifferent. I think you can appreciate them from all sides of their relationship, and discussing how and why they broke up is part of their story!!!
Then this thread should be a discussion thread and not an appreciation thread. Poeple want to come on here and hear good things about their couple, while other threads are all about hating this or that couple, its nice to come on a board where everyone loves a couple and talks good things about them. Pacey and Audrey isn't a favorite among the dcverse so its good to come on here and show appreciation and good things about them.

You entitled to your opinion but for once people would like to talk about good things about thieir couple and that means not mentioning pj or other couple.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvegotwings (View Post)
I actually agree; I"d really like if we could keep it PA without talking about other couples; there is already a PJ thread for that
youvegotwings...I do agree that posting about just PJ on this thread would be inappropriate, but that is not what I did, my post was referring to the Audrey/Pacey breakup which was noted on several posts, I wanted to give "my opinion" on this aspect of their relationship, I was not talking about P/J in their own respect but in the respect of the breakup of Pacey and Audrey!!

and Patty I think you need to go back and read your own posts on this thread!!

On many pages of this thread Pacey is talked about with the other women in his life too...Andie...Alex and Emma, and that seemed to be fine with everyone..
"that is all the non P/J believers"

Somehow Patty's comments on post 68 were allowed....

Quote:
Also, I don't think P/Au were all about sex, which people love to say. I mean, Audrey was pissed when she found out Pacey kissed Alex. I mean, come on! If Audrey only liked Pacey for the sex then she wouldn't have gotten upset as she did. Like Pacey and Jen, Pacey and Audrey bought so much fun instead of the tedious drama Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Joey seem to have everytime they are together. No offense to PJers and Djers
!

and the response of her comments on post 69 was allowed....

Quote:
i'm surprised too...i think that some people hated pacey/audrey because of PJ. but thats their problem...they were a fun couple. i believed that they loved each other in their own way.

So the impression I am getting as long as you are posting something against P/J it is Ok...

I have to say that I am pretty tired of all the P/J fans being bashed around here at this site...if you try to give an intelligent post discussing the realities of this show you are asked to not to!!!

but if you hate P/J and post that...that seems to be OK

youvegotwings....I will respect whatever the mods deem appropriate for this thread....but I would appreciate if you would at least be consistant with your repremanding...and not have your discust for P/J be a part of how you do your job here!!

I am really tired of the Drama that is so apparent about the couples of this show...it is immature...this is a TV show that we are "trying" to discuss..."Not real life"

And as far as Patty's comments....I am really tired of her posting to cause trouble
this MO of hers follows her everywhere she posts, and I find it very inappropriate,
and I will be sending a PM to a manager at FanForum as well!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'd really appreciate it if you would drop the subject since this is OT, send me a PM if you want to talk about it. I asked you not to talk about PJ here and I hope you'll follow that rule. This thread is not the place to attack posters or mods.I became a mod a couple months ago and I cannot be respondable for what's being said before that (this thread is old). Can I remind you that I'm a PJ shipper? How can you accuse me of being unfair? I'll send you a pm about it, like I said, this is not the right place for this

Old 11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Okay, to get back on track Patty and Katie -- I think that this type of discussion needs to go to the P/A "no good-byes" thread. Not to scold any of you on what you were talking about, but it's better to not be in the "appreciation" thread.

I'm not attacking either of you and I think you all have great points, I just don't think this is the right thread for the discussion.

Does that make sense?

It's all good, everyone!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks Mandy...and Jessica and I pmed each other and got things cleared up.

Sorry if I offended anyone...I just thought this was the right place to make my point of the Pacey/Audrey breakup as everyone else was commenting on it...I'm not one to come in and throw one-liner digs...I like to have deconstruction convos about the characters and the show...

but sorry to say...that is getting harder and harder to do around here!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I DON'T wanna get involved in this....I do wanna say this....

It's impossible, and shouldn't be expected of us to talk strictly of a couple without talking about the other characters around them. The friends around a couple are part of who they are....and especially with Joey being a part of who PAudrey was....I mean, they lived in the same room! And all Katie was saying was that Joey was part of PAudrey's breakup.

So now, a pic to calm everyone down....

Visit DCook & AI
CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey Im not a shipper but I found a cute vid of these two you guys may like
YouTube - Pacey / Audrey - Wherever You Will Go (HQ music video)
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Great vid!
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Cool! It's not usual to find vids of these two. Thanks, Deb

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
jen4ever is offline   Reply With Quote