but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 05-28-2017 at 11:47 AM
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode Discussion # 402 - "Falling Down"

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Failing Down" ~ 4x02

Synopsis: Joey is looking for a new job and gets one at the Yacht Club pretending to know a very influential family. She is tricked by her boss's son, Drue Valentine, who instantly sees through her lies. Mitch (now a guidance counsellor at the school) tells Pacey he will not graduate unless he makes up for his bad grades from the previous academic year. Pacey doesn't want Joey to know, but Mitch tells Dawson, who tells Joey, showing that he still cares about Pacey. Pacey and Joey have a fight and Pacey admits he needs help.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episode every two weeks. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Synopsis posted by Pace & Jo
Reality never hits harder than when summer's over, and that time has come for the new senior class of Capeside High. As if going back to school and facing college admissions weren't bad enough, Pacey finds out that he took off on his summer sail before discovering that he failed three of his junior year classes. Jen not only has to deal with a long distance relationship, she gets dumped by Henry and worse yet, she gets the news from Jack. While she lashes out at the bearer of bad news, Pacey panics about his future and tries to hide his failure from Joey. Joey, meanwhile, is worried about how to pay for the ivy league college she hopes to get into, and gets busy wrangling a job at the town's tony yacht club.

A fresh breeze blows into town in the form of Gretchen Witter, however. Pacey's big sis seems to have a few problems she may be running away from, but this also appears to make her the perfect advisor for her brother and his confused friends. Not only does she set Pacey straight that if he thinks he's failed now, he'll have truly bottomed out if he doesn't level with Joey, but she brightens Dawson's day as well. As someone he used to have a crush on, she's now able to remind him a bit of the things that make his blood run a little quicker, stirring the torpor he's settled into.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 05-28-2017 at 10:29 AM
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

[4x02] "Failing Down" August 17th - August 22nd

Moved to OP.

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Failing Down" ~ 4x02

Synopsis: Joey is looking for a new job and gets one at the Yacht Club pretending to know a very influential family. She is tricked by her boss's son, Drue Valentine, who instantly sees through her lies. Mitch (now a guidance counsellor at the school) tells Pacey he will not graduate unless he makes up for his bad grades from the previous academic year. Pacey doesn't want Joey to know, but Mitch tells Dawson, who tells Joey, showing that he still cares about Pacey. Pacey and Joey have a fight and Pacey admits he needs help.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episode every two weeks. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 05-28-2017 at 10:26 AM
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So many great scenes in this episode. Loved Drue when he greets Pacey and Joey and refers to Joey as the grimm reaper. Too funny.

Oops, wrong episode. I was thinking Future Tense when I read Falling Down, so ignore this comment. Duh!

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 08-17-2014 at 09:17 AM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I love the extended scene of Pacey and joey with their kiss in the hallway at the beginning of the episode.
Jim & Pam / Damon & Elena / Pacey & Joey / Brandon & Callie / Jim & Melinda / Jax & Tara / Brooke & Lucas / Frisco & Felicia / Miguel & Sam / Brandon & Kelly /Chuck & Sarah / Lois & Clark / Danny & Riley / Jay & Erin

So what your saying is Joey's like a bus?
No what I'm saying is Joey's like a girl.
scottwajda8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwajda8819 (View Post)
I love the extended scene of Pacey and joey with their kiss in the hallway at the beginning of the episode.
Me too. Love it.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe I missed something, but how can Pacey have academic trouble already. Wasn't it the 1st day of school.
Jim & Pam / Damon & Elena / Pacey & Joey / Brandon & Callie / Jim & Melinda / Jax & Tara / Brooke & Lucas / Frisco & Felicia / Miguel & Sam / Brandon & Kelly /Chuck & Sarah / Lois & Clark / Danny & Riley / Jay & Erin

So what your saying is Joey's like a bus?
No what I'm saying is Joey's like a girl.
scottwajda8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i didn't see that scene.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe I missed something, but how can Pacey have academic trouble already. Wasn't it the 1st day of school.
His studies went down hill the previous school year and he failed three classes which he was not aware of until the start of the next school year because he and Joey were away all summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
i didn't see that scene.
It was a deleted scene, but it was a good scene.

You can see it here at about 5:16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIY91_hESDk

Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Justyne.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

That scene between Jen and Jack though.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's really funny that a PJo fight is actually in the summary. another fight and make up.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I love that too. It's really sweet.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the jack and jen as well.