Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 PM
New Fan

Did any of my fellow P/J fans dislike the episode 'Castaways' in Season 6.

I didn't like this episode much at all! I know most P/J fans do, but to me, they didn't seem the same together as in seasons 3 and 4. You could tell, as far as i'm concerned that Joey couldn't feel it in the same way as she used to. Don't you agree. For me, this episode, and in fact all of seasons 5 and 6 to be honest, kinda spoiled the finale. It made the P/J reunion less realistic. If it didn't work then, why would it at a later point? I'm not saying I didn't want a P/J reunion at all . . .I desperately did. I just think it should have been left until the very end entirely. What do you all think?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh I loved this episode! And to address some points you made in your post Jazzie Jay, yeah they were different than from Season 3 and Season 4 and the reason for this is because they grew up and matured. That's what people do, but in reference to them, it showed how they have grown past all of their previous issues. And as far as leaving it up until the very end, they HAD to set up the finale by putting them back together and then having them break up because it would have been even more unrealistic if they hadn't been together since high school and then all of a sudden they were back together. But I think Season 5 ruined a lot of potentially good storylines and crossed the line of realistic scenarios. I mean for Pacey to be head over heels in love with Joey for two seasons and then to date her roommate! And Joey singing to the mugger just proves that the Season 5 writers were on crack! So to answer your question..."No", I love Love LOVE Castaways and think it is a PJ Heaven for most PJers

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I didn't like this episode much at all! I know most P/J fans do, but to me, they didn't seem the same together as in seasons 3 and 4. You could tell, as far as i'm concerned that Joey couldn't feel it in the same way as she used to. Don't you agree. For me, this episode, and in fact all of seasons 5 and 6 to be honest, kinda spoiled the finale. It made the P/J reunion less realistic. If it didn't work then, why would it at a later point? I'm not saying I didn't want a P/J reunion at all . . .I desperately did. I just think it should have been left until the very end entirely. What do you all think?
I totally understand what you are saying. I liked this episode a lot, but it´s true that PJ were not as great in season 6 as they were in season 3/4. Pacey changed too much, and I´m not saying it in a good way. And Joey was so in love with Eddie a few episodes before this one, that it kind of seems a litle forced their reunion... But I totally loved the season final, I thougth I was watching the same PJ I felt in love a few years earlier... Well, I hated season 5 and 6, that´s probabluy why I couldn´t enjoy PJ as much as I used to do...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I totally agree Jazzie! Things changed and Love Bites just sealed for me anything with P/J in a romantic way but that's just me. This was a fun episode because the theme was fun being trapped in a K Mart.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie Jay
I think the chemistry was still there. I was suprised they still had it-- actually.

Quote:
And Joey was so in love with Eddie a few episodes before this one, that it kind of seems a litle forced their reunion...
I never believed that she was in love with Eddie. I don't know if it was because they had no sparks when they kissed or the fact he was Paceylite.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

coolcat, if you really believed PJ were over, then DJ so could have been over too with Joey telling Dawson it was a huge mistake. Joey's "I don't feel it" was just like Pacey's "you make me feel like nothing". Both made no sense. The worst was Pacey telling Andie he could never love her like that again. That felt like total closure to me. I don't even believe in tv closure. Pacey telling Emma he never loved Audrey at all. That was just a kick in the stomach

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by hshapir2; 04-13-2005 at 05:13 PM
Old 04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The worst was Pacey telling Andie he could never love her like that again. That felt like total closure to me. I don't even believe in tv closure. Pacey telling Emma he never loved Audrey at all. That was just a kick in the stomach
I cringed during both those scenes. Both were harsh.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
coolcat, if you really believed PJ were over, then DJ so could have been over too with Joey telling Dawson it was a huge mistake. Joey's "I don't feel it" was just like Pacey's "you make me feel like nothing". Both made no sense.
I totally agree hshapir! And my personal belief is there was no good reason for Pacey and Joey to break up both times they were together cuz they were perfect for each other so they had to pull some bogus excuse like "I don't feel it" and "you make me feel like nothing".

Pacey and Joey

Old 04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And my personal belief is there was no good reason for Pacey and Joey to break up both times they were together cuz they were perfect for each other so they had to pull some bogus excuse like "I don't feel it" and "you make me feel like nothing".
I actually think they needed the time a part.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I actually think they needed the time a part.
I think that's the only break up excuse I would accept.

Pacey and Joey

Old 04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I guess that wasn't dramatic enough for TPTB! And it made sense too-- another no- no for TPTB.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I guess that wasn't dramatic enough for TPTB!
Apparently so!

Yeah and it was right before Season 5 where NOTHING made sense, so they were just preparing themselves, practicing if you will, by giving us a break up that didn't make sense.

Pacey and Joey

Old 04-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah and it was right before Season 5 where NOTHING made sense, so they were just preparing themselves, practicing if you will, by giving us a break up that didn't make sense.
That must have been it.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I disagree. I loved the episode. I think they had changed in that they grew up a little and got past some of the s3/4 drama that surrounded their relationship. And the drama that came after Castaways was really just Joey being scared and stupid.

Honestly, I thought the episode brought back a lot of the chemistry that Katie and Josh had on screen and really brought back two characters that I had missed since before season 5. Joey was definitely never in love with Eddie. She liked him yes, she had feelings for him, ok. But I wouldn't say she was in love with him, regardless of how I felt about Pacey and Joey. After Castaways, Eddie became the safer choice that Pacey who had broken her heart before so I think that is why she ran from Pacey again in season 6.

Kim
Old 04-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Great post Kim.