Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Ali
Master Fan

I agree about Henry. And I always thought he was way too immature for Jen.

I also didn't care for Ethan or Eve. Or Rob. I loved Will though! And Principal Green. Nikki and AJ were alright I guess. Too many guest characters!

I actually liked None of the Above. Mostly for the PJo stuff lol. The eps I usually skip over are Indian Summer, First Encounters of the Close Kind, and Barefoot at Capefest.

This cap.
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved Principle Green - 'To Green with Love' is one of my favrouite S3 episodes. Also love the PJo loveliness in this one too.

Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
Unfortunately, S3 started out rocky and there are several not-so-good episodes and/or plot-lines (Eve, I'm talking to you).
I think everyone agrees with that, even Paul Stupin says in the commentaries that the Eve storyline was completely wrong for the show. But Kevin Williamson left, and they tried some new writers, that obviously were really bad..
I remember when i started 301 i was waiting for Dawson to wake up, b/c the whole Eve thing just wasnt right...

But of course then was the PJo buildup and the Jen/Jack friendship and both things were just amazing...

I disagree about Henry though, i kinda liked him and felt for him. He was so pure, innocent and sweet. .
Yes, he wasnt right for (corrupted) Jen, but at that exact moment of her life i think she needed him. And i think the writters put them together on purpose, so Jen can see that there are nice boys who like her and she can be in a 'healthy' relationship.
Poor guy sold his blood for her! Yes, it was too much, but his actions were just so natural for a young and inexperienced character. They all came straight from his heart, and idk thats why i love Henry, and i rarely liked any guest characters
Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Season 3 was amazing! Why?

1. Pacey and Joey
2. Jack and Jen
3. Pacey and Doug

Guh, it was just such a lovely season! You know I liked Henry and Jen because I think Jen needed to see that there were innocent and pure boys who could love her for who she was and not run at the first sign of criss - she needed that and it was sweet, and I adored Jen in S3, she grew so much. I didn't like her in season 2 or 1 but she was awesome in S3.

Jack/Jen/Grams was awesome

And.

Dear TV show writers of any other show other than Dawson's Creek,

Watch Season 1 and Season 3 of Dawson's Creek,
take COPIOUS notes, sit down with a lot of paper
and, several pens. Note every moment between
Pacey and Joey. This is called build up.
Learn it. Live it. Love it. DO IT.

Sincerely,

All Shippers. Also, I really wanted it to work out between Will and Andie. God, I loved Will for the tiny amount of scenes he was in They should have used him more! *sniffles*
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)

Sincerely,

All Shippers.
Love this!

But I do also secretly love that there's no other build up quite like PJo so their kinda unique in that way.
Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Perfect letter Anna!

Season 3 will be forever my favourite because of the PJo build-up!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Mine too! I mean, there are many other couples i love and that are written almost as amazing, but PJ will forever be my number one not only for their amazing scenes throughout the series, but because of their amazing build-up! I mean, Pacey just not being able to take it anymore and laying that big smooch on Joey....best first kiss ever!
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Season 3 is amazing - I think DC S3 is one of those seasons of shows you can just watch on loop and never get tired of. PJo saved this show and they did it such a remarkable blazing way that you forgot that you were annoyed with the Eve storyline, or you felt annoyed about some things because every time they came on the screen they just sucked you in. The build-up was just guh!

The clap-out at the end of To Green, With Love makes me cry every. single. time. Such a moment Say what you will about DC but that episode showcased what DC did best - it made you feel. Sure, they used big words, sure it may not have been realistic, but all the emotions they portrayed were real and touched you.
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
I mean, Pacey just not being able to take it anymore and laying that big smooch on Joey....best first kiss ever!
Absolutely. It was such an amazing moment.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

loveeee the letter. Cant tell u how much I agree with it. Build up is KEY. that's why PJo are so epic!
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 3 was pretty good but it is one of my least favorite seasons there was too many things I disliked. Mainly Eve! She was a pointless character and she was annoying. Also didn't like Nikki, though I did love Principal Green.

there were some good moments too, although not a Pacey/Joey fan too much I loved seeing their friendship and building relationship, it was definitely at its best during this season. Everything he did for her was super sweet and I loved seeing that side to them
Old 12-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I disagree about Henry though, i kinda liked him and felt for him. He was so pure, innocent and sweet.
Yes, he wasnt right for (corrupted) Jen, but at that exact moment of her life i think she needed him. And i think the writters put them together on purpose, so Jen can see that there are nice boys who like her and she can be in a 'healthy' relationship.
Poor guy sold his blood for her! Yes, it was too much, but his actions were just so natural for a young and inexperienced character. They all came straight from his heart, and idk thats why i love Henry, and i rarely liked any guest characters
Completely agree with this. Even if Henry was immature and whatnot, he was healthy for her in that given moment. She started off the season pretty awesome, but a negative Nancy nontheless. He opened up a different side to her and this was pretty much the beginning of my love for jen. He and jen, as well as jack/jen totally won me over.

I agree with everyone about eve. She was a terrible character!
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yea I agree with everyone about the Eve storyline. It was pretty ridiccilous. In I think Indian Summer they made her seem like a femme fatale but the mystery surrounding her didn't intrigue me in the least. The only good thing about her being such a mystery is that the writers didn't have to try that her to get rid of her.

But season 3 will always be in my heart none the less. Even without the PJO romance I still love this season because they actually got to interact. I loved their banter in season 1 and missed it in season 2. I loved seeing that people around them saw their banter as a form of flirting even before they did.
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I'm rewatching S3 right nowww, SIGH. It will always be my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)

Heee! Cosigned!
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

As much as I was not a fan of the relationship I admit it was the best kind of build up ever. The writers handled it perfectly and no other show has done it quite like they did.