Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1333 (View Post)
Season Three had some of the best moments in the whole series for many of the characters.
I TOTALLY agree!!!

who ever came up with this thread was SMART!! i was losing hope at the end of season 2 , and beginning of season 3, but then.. in the middle.... MY DC WAS BACK!! i fell in love with the show all over again!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

My favorite season!
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Season 3 is my favorite season as well. Dawson did have to grow up a lot in one season, but you know? it's inevitable. Pacey, Joey, Andie, Jack and Jen all went through so much in their lifetime. Dawson's problems seemed like a joke compared to theirs.
I especially loved Pacey and Joey this season. When this show aired on television, I stopped watching after Pacey and Andie broke up and I only started watching it again only when I saw a preview to Cinderella story, where pacey kissed joey. i was intrigued, even before i watched how this came to be. i actually only watched the third season for the first time this year and all it did was enforce my pacey/joey obsession, lol.
I also stopped watching it when they broke up. I was a hardcore pacey/joey fan when i was young. I watched seasons 5 and 6 for the first time this year as well, and was sooooo happy with the result.
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Ah, Season Three! The "dream" season for P/Jo fans and maybe D/Jo fans... But this was a really great one, too.

I loved the camera work and I think that everyone looked lovely during the filming. Minus Eve, we got a lot of great angsty drama which I just ate up!

Besides the obvious couple pairing, was there anything else you all liked?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let us not forget that S3 was a "dream season" of sorts for the PJen fans also. That was probably my favorite part of my favorite season.

I also enjoyed the foreshadowing they used throughout the season. For example, the fight between Dawson and Pacey over the PSAT test answers. It was not just a quarrel between friends like there had been in previous seasons. Something shifted between them at that point and was only further exacerbated later on that season and throught the rest of the series.

In my mind, it was the season where everything changed.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow..Season three appreciation thread...My favorite season!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i just got done watching my friends henry/jen vid! SIGH, i'm all season three happy right now... its been probably three years since i've even watched dc, but for some odd reason hj made me squee like a 12 year old school girl ... good times indeed

Last edited by i never learn; 05-15-2008 at 03:41 AM
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Though I was never a Henry/Jen shipper, I can see why they were so squee worthy. I mean, I think Jen was absolutely adorable when she was with him. Even when she got all jealous girlfriend about Henry, I thought she was endearing. She found happiness with Henry and that relationship allowed Jen to open herself up to love again and not be so afraid to be real.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

My favorite season by a mile. The build-up, the angst, the love, the banter and of course the choice..

I loved the whole season, mostly because of P/J, but also because it became more interesting and although I had watched since the beginning, it wasn't until this season, that had me itching for a new episode just to see how things was going to unfold for the most likely couple of the show for me. I had never thought of P/J as being more then frienemies, but man, they shocked and suprised me and they are what made the show for me. Their chemistry they had and the relationship they built is untouchable. I have shipped couples since them, but they are the couple for me and the couple, I compare all my other couples too, so I am certainly thankful for season 3.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
Though I was never a Henry/Jen shipper, I can see why they were so squee worthy. I mean, I think Jen was absolutely adorable when she was with him. Even when she got all jealous girlfriend about Henry, I thought she was endearing. She found happiness with Henry and that relationship allowed Jen to open herself up to love again and not be so afraid to be real.
so true... for the first time i think jen allowed herself to be vulnerable and really feel as if she deserved someone who loved her for her... no strings attached... it was a very beautiful relationship to me... very pure and innocent imo
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Passionate Fan

season 3 is my fav one, too! It's the one I always go back to in the dvds. It's just amazing how P/J finally get together, how the friendship between Jen and Jack got deeper and I absolutely loved that Buzz kid

Tine
stinebiene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Season Three was such an amazing season! It was the season that changed everything and it had so much heart! I love, love, love it!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely a breath of fresh air after S2.
Has some of the best episodes of the series in this season.
growing up. moving on.
allybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Addicted Fan

I enjoyed the Pacey/Jen stuff too. I thought it was interesting seeing those two together

What I hated though was Pacey being built up like the hero to Joey, while Dawson was ripped to shreds. It was really disheartening to hear that Pacey suddenly became everything Joey needed and how he was the only guy to make her feel alive. That line is possibly the worst line in DC history imo because it's not true and it decimated everything that was D/Jo in a single second.

I thought the building up of Pacey actually did some diservice to the character because it seemed that Pacey was 'perfect', when he wasn't and that showed in the following season.

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah...Pacey and Jen.
They were a nice breath of fresh air in the midst of all the drama. I think they were the only two people who could remain completely honest with one another while having some sort of romantic/physical component to their relationship. I somewhat disliked how they made Jen into the rebound/transition girl between the alledged "loves of Pacey's life," because she was so much better than that. I think it perpetuated that typical "bad girl Jen" stereotype. But I always think Jen got the short end of the stick.

I agree about the build up of Pacey in the sense that I think it made his fall in S4 that much harder. He had nowhere to go but into a downward spiral of angst and depression.

Character slaughter seemed common place on DC. For all of the characters.