Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Very true. This is something I noticed in Stolen Kisses. The entire episode was riddled with subtext , even Aunt Gwen and her life experiences. Joey is going through something with Pacey that probably made her realize she hadn't experienced the true unadulterated lust, love, tension, etc and Dawson is pulling on her by reminding her that he forgot why they broke up. Every time Joey is about to realize something about herself, there Dawson is trying to force himself on her.

I honestly thought their dance in the finale was ridiculous. I didn't find it creepy but I found his suave behaviour laughable. It was unfitting and so it came off so stupidly. "I like that I make you nervous..." rotfl when did he ever make her nervous in a sexual or romantic way? They never even got that far in their relationship, and the one time they did have some unfortunate sexual encounter, it ended up in a screaming match with tears down Joey's face. LOL.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I notice a lot of things of foreshadowing in seasons one and two as well. I think Joey went back to Dawson in season two because she was completely broken over Jack and didn't know where to turn. Their breakup was inevitable at the end of season two.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

This is an old video, but it goes great with the discussion, I think.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG that was too funny, I loved it!
I am an original”
Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hilarious!! Thank you!!
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Hahahaha that is one well edited video, so funny
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Run Joey Run! That video was really well done

And Dawsons behavior when he was drunk was so typical Dawson. He always wanted Joey on his terms. When he was pursuing Jen he wanted Joey to be his best friend. When Pacey asked for his permission after the snail hunt, he wanted Joey as he wanted her for a bit until Pacey basically backed off. When she was going to Paris he wanted her to stay and be his girlfriend. He always wanted to be the one to set the rules for their relationship
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

LOL. The music makes Dawson look all the more sinister.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Soulmates (View Post)
Run Joey Run! That video was really well done

And Dawsons behavior when he was drunk was so typical Dawson. He always wanted Joey on his terms. When he was pursuing Jen he wanted Joey to be his best friend. When Pacey asked for his permission after the snail hunt, he wanted Joey as he wanted her for a bit until Pacey basically backed off. When she was going to Paris he wanted her to stay and be his girlfriend. He always wanted to be the one to set the rules for their relationship
Exactly, Dawson had to have things his way or he would cry like a baby. ( And look really ugly doing it). I was so happy when Joey finally decided to set the rules for herself.
I am an original”
Old 06-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Exactly, Dawson had to have things his way or he would cry like a baby. ( And look really ugly doing it). I was so happy when Joey finally decided to set the rules for herself.
I feel like that horrible cry face was like karma for all the ugly feelings Dawson had at the end of season 3. I get way too much satisfaction from seeing it sometimes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I hate how Dawson trashed Pacey to Joey's face in Capeside redemption and then asked her why she was taking his side as if he forgot Pacey is important to Joey too. It's always all about Dawson.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I hate how Dawson trashed Pacey to Joey's face in Capeside redemption and then asked her why she was taking his side as if he forgot Pacey is important to Joey too. It's always all about Dawson.
Dawson seemed to forget that even when they werent close friends, Joey and Pacey did have a kind of bond or he wouldnt have asked Pacey to look out for her in the season 3 premiere.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I HATED that too. Dawson just conveniently forgot how important Pacey was to Joey and was making it all about him.
I am an original”
Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dawson made everything about him. In Season 2 he won a grant from the Boston Film Festival and asked Joey to help him with his next movie, but she said she didn't have the time to do it with her art classes and all. Not long after, he barged uninvited into her art class with his completed script for her to read and edit! I would have had to laugh at his gall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Soulmates (View Post)
He certainly did. I believe Dawson loved Joey in a romantic sense and was more resigned to the idea of being just friends, however cherished, while Joey did love Dawson as just a friend, but at the heart of it all Dawson just didn't want to lose her. Like you said, it wasn't until he was about to lose her in some way that he tried to keep her around. They both really just wanted to stay friends, and I've never seen two people who grew up together and wanted to remain in each other's lives struggle so hard to do so. I'd understand if they lived in different states and no one had a phone or a car or a computer or paper, pens and stamps. That's what the writers should have done. Instead of all the contrivance of the last few seasons, they should have just had Joey and Dawson hitchhiking from opposite sides of the country, trying to find each other somewhere in the middle of the country so they can be friends and watch a movie together. Put Pacey on the road with Joey so P/Jers would have two seasons of Castaways, and Dawson can meet up with the people who didn't make him so insufferable, like Gretchen and Jen. They could have them getting him drunk too--bitter tirades against best friends aside, Drunk Dawson was pretty funny.
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I laughed so hard when Dawson just walked into that art class, I couldn't believe he would just storm in there without even a care in the world. He couldn't wait until after class to talk to Joey?
I am an original”
Reply   Post New Thread