Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

260 Daisies/Roses 4 D/Jo:"She just wanted to go home, and home was in his arms.”

[Practically all of the thread suggestions i made are way to long, lol.]

Welcome to the Dawson Leery and Joey Potter appreciation thread!

Courtesy of Britney:

*Why do we say Daisies and roses for Dawson and Joey?*

In the second season premeir, which is called "The Kiss" Dawson and Joey have their first date, and on that first date Dawson gives Joey a Daisy, he said he thought of everything, chocolates, diamonds, convertables - but he settled for foliage.

And Foliage is good.

Then in the 602, entitled, "The Song Remains the same", which is the second episode of season 6, Dawson and Joey sleep together, and that morning Dawson gives Joey a White rose, and its increadibly romantic. Joey says that theres a $500 fine to pick them, and he says, It's worth every penny. I think thats the reason why we consider them the Daisy and Roses couple.

Once that was said, a little intro about our couple: who they are and what they mean to each other. Thanx Coolcat200 for this review (about Coda, episode 423) that explains, so beatifully, what D/J are:

True North

It's there. There's no doubt.

But what is it. It's undefinable and yet it's unmistakable: the thickening of the air when Joey and Dawson share a scene.

Is it chemistry? Joey and Pacey have chemistry, but it's not like what she has with Dawson.

It's something different. It's something more.

I've never been one to go in for the whole soul mate thing, but I think it fits. These two people are part of each other, extensions of each other. No matter where they go or whom they are with, they will always come back together because one can't survive without the other.

Joey said that Dawson is her magic. She loved, maybe still loves, Pacey but the magic faded. Love alone wasn't enough to sustain them. But with Dawson, after everything they have been through, the magic still flows.

Dawson wasn't thanking Spielberg. The director wasn't the most prolific influence in his life. He didn't shape Dawson and make him the man he is today. Joey did that.

There's no doubt that they love each other, and that they always will. But it more than that.

It's about finding someone whose life is so intrinsically linked to your own that you don't know where you end and they begin? And not only being okay with that, but also craving it.

It's about finding someone who is so much a part of you that you can't imagine who you would be without them.

It's about knowing a person so well that even when the walls are up you see right through them.

And no matter where they go from here, Dawson and Joey are that for each other: and they always will be.

And that is what this show is all about.

You can say that again!! Nothing will ever change that, and that is why we, and everybody else (even the ones who won't admit it out loud ) know that these two would eventually get back together. Once and for all.

Now, on with the show...

Daydream Believers & Movie Night Dreamers

1. Beatriz
2. Baby Britney
3. CrisBR
4. eatyourgreens
5. COOLCAT200
6. Deb D
7. sassy pie
8. M_J_23
9. pacenjen
10. azjdfan
11. taubman
12. Free_Falling
13. RoswellDreamer5
14. True Daisy lover4ever
15. Swamy
16. Lor-baby
17. nghn
18. dnj4evainluv
19. *Nora*
20. Ellasblues

Tom Kapinos

"Well, my feelings are this, and this is just one writer's opinion, but to me the show is about Dawson and Joey and it's about these two people who meet really young, and they are sort of meant to be. They are soulmates, but life gets in the way, and it's impossible when you're that young to sustain a relationship like that. So each person has to go off and have other relationships that are positive and real and important. I think Dawson and Joey ultimately... I would like to think they would make their way back to each other, but in the meantime they have all these other relationships to explore."

Anna Fricke

"I'll say this: I do think that this show, regardless of my opinion, is about the love between Dawson and Joey. When you cut everything else away, those two are at the heart".

Greg Berlanti

"I sort of always make the case that [Dawson's Creek] is about a pair of soulmates who met too young, and that's who Joey and Dawson are, but part of the power of our show is, how do these people still manage to find their way back to each other?"

Find out the ~ 500 reasons why we love Dawson Leery and Joey Potter ~

Welcome to the Dawson and Joey appreciation thread. To find some Dawson and Joey goodness, you can go here:

/Websites\

~ Pure Magic ~

~ Bed of Roses ~.

~ Peter's fanfiction ~

~ Renae's fanfic and videos ~

~ Soulmates ~

~ You and me always ~

~ Dawson and Joey Art Collection ~

~ James and Katie Webpage ~

/Fanlistings\

* ~ DaydreamBeliever: the Coda fanlisting ~

* ~ Your life awaits: the Swang Song fanlisting ~

* ~ Romantic Dreamer Addicted to Movies: Dawson Leery Fanlisting ~

* ~ Be careful what you wish for: episode 2.16 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ The Perfect wedding: episode 2.18 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ Ch...ch... changes: episode 2.21 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ Reunited: episode 2.20 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

If you have a site you would like to be added to the opening post, please let us know.

If there was something that always defined D/J and their history, was music. Music never lies, and that is why I would like to post in here some observations made by Brandi about some of the lyrics used for our couple. It was (and it still is) Dawson and Joey all the way baby! They even have their own song, written specially for them: "Joey girl", by Binge (see lyrics scrolling down)

Anyway, here you got Brandi's post:

---------------------

I was listening to my D/J comp CD's last night, and I just fell in love with D/J's songs all over again. I listened to them straight through for hours, and I kept hearing the same themes popping up in the songs:

Marriage:

"Love for all my life, to have and to hold"- (Sunday Kind Of Love)
"He and I, we needed a brass band"- (Thistle)
"Someday somebody gonna ask you, a question that you should say yes to"- (Questions)
"He wants to marry me, carry me far away"- (Thinking Over)

Rain:

"In the rain, the pavement shines like silver"- (On My Own)
"And rain falls angry on the tin roof"- (I'll Be)
"I fall alseep to the sound of London rain"- (London Rain)
"Kiss the rain whenever you need me"- (Kiss The Rain)

Home:

"Too long, too far from home"- (Full Of Grace)
"Without a home, without a friend, without a face to say hello to"- (On My Own)
"Now I'm just rolling home, into my lover's arms"- (Broken Road)
"I'm coming, I'm coming home to you"- (London Rain)
"It feels like home to me"- (Feels Like Home)
"You see that I'm crying, though I'm going home"- (Music To My Ears)
"He took her by the hand, walked her back home, and they took the long way"- (Questions)
"So I took a little time, and you took a little space, but the house is feeling cold"- (Tell Me)
"So when I lose my way, please call me home, I pray"- (Your Love)

Roads/Paths:

"God blessed the broken road that lead me straight to you"- (Broken Road)
"Like the path of a star, I'll be everywhere you are"- "(Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye)
"When the road gets dark, and you can no longer see"- (Have A Little Faith In Me)
"Maybe this road we're on's the very thing that's come between us; maybe it's the highway to the very thing that just might save us"- (Each Little Mystery)
"I take the road that's right, even if I'm left alone"- (Wait For The Way)
"You're really somewhere down the road...I know"- (Souviners)
"But borrowed faith is just not the road to take"- (Camelot)
"The path of nails and scars is the only way"- (Camelot)
"We may never meet again on the bumpy road to love"- (Can't Take That Away From Me)
"There are two roads to walk down, and one road to choose"- (Thinking Over)

Even in the lyrics, it's clear that D/J are on the "road" to each other, because they are each other's "home". Even though that journey may be a long one and has a lot of obstacles ("rain"), once they finally reach "home", they will be together forever. The music doesn't lie!

--------------------------

"What we have is forever". "Yes, it is". "I love you Dawson". "I love you too Joey". "You and me always". "Always".

"Joey Girl"
Performed and written by Binge

All the things that we've been through
And all the things we didn't do
The colors fade
The seasons change
And all the time I've waited here for you

All the things that I should have done
To all the wars we've never won
The stars will fall
The leaves will change
My love for you will always be the same

Joey, my arms are open for you
Joey, you know that you are mine
Joey, you know that I adore you
Joey girl, someday I'll make you mine

It seems to me that I've been here once before
Can't you see that it's all worth fighting for
You used to come in through my window
But I can't wait here anymore, Joey girl...

All that signs that I misread
All the things I should have said
They haunt me now
But things will change
My love for you will always stay the same

Joey, my arms are open for you
Joey, you know that you are mine
Joey, you know that I adore you
Joey girl, someday I'll make you mine
I'll make you mine...

Watch the video here <<<< LINK FIXED!!

Remember: something has to end to begin again. This end was just a new beginning for D/J, like it always has been, because they are...

So keep the D&J love going!

Former Thread Titles

259 Daisies & Roses 4 Dawson & Joey:“He’s her best friend, he understands her better then anyone else.”

Carry on D/Jers!

Last edited by Baby Britney; 04-20-2005 at 05:53 PM
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! Great job Britney - love that animation of 601/02 that we have there...
Congratulations everyone on 260 daisies.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Aww thanks Deb. But i take no credit, well except for the title. Bea set the post up, all i do it copy and post, lol.

Im going to post the scene where i got the title idea from:

episode 420 - Promicide:

[Prom - upper deck. Joey is crying. Dawson walks up behind her and covers her shoulders with his coat.]

Joey: He humiliates me in a room full of people, and it's not even true. It's not who I am.

Dawson: I know.

Joey: I mean, I don't understand why he would say all that because that's not who I am.

Dawson: I know.

Joey: I just want to go home. (she leans against Dawson and continues to cry.)

You wanna know something i noticed while watching Promicide, when Pacey see's D/J dancing the camra cuts to D/J and James looks behind him at Pacey and then looks at Katie and mouths something to her, and i have been trying to figure it out for a long time, and i have finially figured it out, he looks at her and mouths, "You ready" and Katie rolls her head back, and mouths "yep". Anyone else notice that?

Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread great screencaps too
Old 04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

I just went an re-watched Promicide (not hard to do because it's a favourite ) and I saw what you meant Britney. I had never taken the time to lip-read the scene before
Old 04-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hiii! Yay, new thread!
I have a request...as you can see, I've reached 100 posts and can have a custom avatar...I'm having a little trouble making my own. Would anyone mind if I use one of the one's they have created and posted in the past?? I love them all but wouldn't want to annoy anyone

Ta

Alyce
Old 04-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

Hey DJers!
Loved the title, Britney!
This is a great scene. Even when Dawson said to Joey he wouldn't be around when Pacey breaks Joey's heart, he was the first to support her. Yeah, he's pretty cool like that!
The way he looked at her, you could see how sad he was because she's hurt...

Alyce, I made some avies and if you liked any, you could use anytime you want. I made them for that!

Old 04-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Yay new thread! Love the title Britney.
Love the Promicide caps and transcripts. I'll have to go and watch for the lip reading scene.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

great new thread

djers

j/k always
Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisBR
This is a great scene. Even when Dawson said to Joey he wouldn't be around when Pacey breaks Joey's heart, he was the first to support her. Yeah, he's pretty cool like that!
The way he looked at her, you could see how sad he was because she's hurt...
Yeah that is so true and the scene where he went after her is just heartbreaking. What I like most about Dawson and Joey is that no matter what happened they were always there for each other like for nobody else.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Britney

Just some (bad) news from me

I haven't had internet since march 31 for different tecnichal problems with my internet comany. Tired of them, I decided to quit. But now I have to wait at least 1 month till I can sign a contract with another company, plus the time it takes till the new company can make the installation (more or less 15 days) So... let's say I won't have internet in at least the next 2 months

Anyway, I will come at least 1 time per week at this cybercafe (or any other) to check my board and post in FF and check my emails and blah blah.

Just wanted to know that I won't be around everyday, but I will do my best to be here as often as possible.

Keep the D/J love alive!

Hugs,
Beatriz
Old 04-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey djers,

Ug i really hated promicide, that is one episode i cant force myself to watch anymore, i mean there was good dawson and joey moments but other than i really cant bring myself to watch it anymore, it makes me sad too much..

Anyway, i think we should have a shipper list, what does everyone think.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I agree with you, maybe we can do a shipper list!

Old 04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Total Fan

Yes a shipper list would be great
Old 04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

YAY new thread. LOVE the title.

Great idea, please add me to the shippers list.

Beatriz we will miss you. I hope for some reason they can install it sooner.

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread