View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Mori
Total Fan

Thanks for the link. Pokaski and the writers are doing great work with their commitment to treating important issues with authenticity, and their ability to incorporate New Orleans history into the themes of the story in such a cool way. More shows should follow their example, too many that tackle serious subjects go for cheap #DRAMA and don't care if they spread harmful messages like glamorizing suicide as a result. But not Cloak & Dagger, and those are just a couple more reasons why this show is so good.

Seems that whenever the parents do find out about their kids' powers, it'll be an important moment.

Looks like Adina is investigating police corruption to try and clear Ty's name? It's sad that her and Otis seem to be separated, I wonder what happened?

I expected the Darkforce Dimension to be a sort of hell where you're subjected to your worst nightmares, but it turned out to be more of a purgatory. There also wasn't as much exploration into Mayhem or Connors' fears as I thought there was going to be. They really brought back Fuchs just for that one line about "awkward reunion pancakes"?

Was the record store not drawn from only Tandy and Mayhem's memories? When Mayhem asked "what kind of monster needs to keep all this pain catalogued in one place?" it gave me the impression that the record store somehow was manifesting from the mind of whoever is behind the kidnappings. Or did Mayhem mean that as more of a general "what kind of a monster would make a business out of all this pain?" question?

That was an interesting song choice. Good cover, suitably melancholy, and very fitting lyrics. Though I still found it distracting, during that whole scene I was thinking "wait... what... is that Britney Spears?!?".