Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2x04 "Rabbit Hold" Episode Discussion (April 18, 2019)

Still on her quest to find out more about the sex trafficking ring, Tandy takes a dangerous trip to find Mayhem, who may have the answers she is looking for. Meanwhile, Tyrone’s past actions catch up to him and put Adina in harm’s way.
A FEW REMINDERS:

► Respect each others opinions.
► Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
► No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
► Have fun!

Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So Adina isn't fond of Tandy... (but she will be... of course)

Intense ending.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

The Tragic True Story Behind Tyrone's Vampire Nuns Tale on Marvel's Cloak & Dagger
Old 04-19-2019, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you for the link! My jaw was dropping when Tyrone was telling that story

It was another great episode! This season could definitely end up being better than last season. It was definitely frustrating that Tyrone was in a position where he could show his mother his powers, but it didn't happen That's like Tandy in season 1 with her mom I feel it's going to be a long time before the parents know about what's going on.

Seeing Tyrone with Adina again was great! She even stole a car It was also tagic because she's been so on edge she had a gun pointed at Tyrone at first. And I think she was just as disappointed as she was happy to see Tyrone. She was hoping he was somewhere far away by now. I like the continued theme of Brigid always having Tyrone's back

And then there was Tandy and Mayhem (and Connors!) It was really interesting the way they used the record store. I understand why Tandy became rather self absorbed going through her really depressing memories. I think if she had known Tyrone was in danger she wouldn't have been spending all that time there. I like that Mayhem even showed concern, one might say compassion, toward what Tandy was seeing. Shout out to that Baby One More Time cover!

As we thought could happen, Connors showed up again. He's back!
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the link. Pokaski and the writers are doing great work with their commitment to treating important issues with authenticity, and their ability to incorporate New Orleans history into the themes of the story in such a cool way. More shows should follow their example, too many that tackle serious subjects go for cheap #DRAMA and don't care if they spread harmful messages like glamorizing suicide as a result. But not Cloak & Dagger, and those are just a couple more reasons why this show is so good.

Seems that whenever the parents do find out about their kids' powers, it'll be an important moment.

Looks like Adina is investigating police corruption to try and clear Ty's name? It's sad that her and Otis seem to be separated, I wonder what happened?

I expected the Darkforce Dimension to be a sort of hell where you're subjected to your worst nightmares, but it turned out to be more of a purgatory. There also wasn't as much exploration into Mayhem or Connors' fears as I thought there was going to be. They really brought back Fuchs just for that one line about "awkward reunion pancakes"?

Was the record store not drawn from only Tandy and Mayhem's memories? When Mayhem asked "what kind of monster needs to keep all this pain catalogued in one place?" it gave me the impression that the record store somehow was manifesting from the mind of whoever is behind the kidnappings. Or did Mayhem mean that as more of a general "what kind of a monster would make a business out of all this pain?" question?

That was an interesting song choice. Good cover, suitably melancholy, and very fitting lyrics. Though I still found it distracting, during that whole scene I was thinking "wait... what... is that Britney Spears?!?".
Old 04-20-2019, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you perhaps alluding to The Magicians? I've only watched a little of that show so far, but I've heard many are upset about the latest season finale. I agree though! So far, C&D have been handling some very dark and real topics very well.

Definitely! It'll be huge Who knows when it'll happen.

I'm not sure what happened to Otis and Adina But essentially losing two kids is a lot to ask of them. Maybe all her investigation and stuff made him uneasy.

Yeah I'm not sure about the record store! How it came to be or worked exactly. It was an incredibly interesting metaphor and I do suppose it could be the creation of someone evil.

It was both really cool and kinda funny at the same time
Old 04-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Website Manager

I enjoyed the episode. Loved when Tyrone tried to teleport and couldn't. Wonder if he thought 'What did Tandy do now" I don't get how Tandy escaped though, I get it that she is probably the only one who can get out of there but was it as simple as breaking the rules to get pulled out?

Did Tandy actually remember all that stuff or did she push it down so far? A lot of bad stuff about her dad that she must had blocked out from her memory.

I think Adina will like Tandy more if she knew more about her, it's not like they had much of a meeting the first time. I thought for a second that Tyrone was going to take his mom to the church, but kind of glad he didn't as that place wouldn't have been safe anymore with the person following.

Looks like Connors broke out of the church at the end to escape? I didn't see Mayhem come out with them, so not sure if she's still stuck in there or if she just got up before we seen her (I'm not watching next episode previews)
Old 04-20-2019, 02:08 PM
Total Fan

After Tandy put her dagger into the telescope, Papa Legba said "You'll have it whenever you want it. Just know, if you take it out in there, the journey's over." So yeah, she broke the rules so she got ejected. Maybe there was more to the vision quest that she didn't get to see?

I believe those were all repressed memories. I think that's what the plastic wrap meant.

Yeah, I'm unclear on where Mayhem ended up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaↄkpink (View Post)
Are you perhaps alluding to The Magicians? I've only watched a little of that show so far, but I've heard many are upset about the latest season finale. I agree though! So far, C&D have been handling some very dark and real topics very well.

Definitely! It'll be huge Who knows when it'll happen.

I'm not sure what happened to Otis and Adina But essentially losing two kids is a lot to ask of them. Maybe all her investigation and stuff made him uneasy.

Yeah I'm not sure about the record store! How it came to be or worked exactly. It was an incredibly interesting metaphor and I do suppose it could be the creation of someone evil.

It was both really cool and kinda funny at the same time
I'm not familiar with The Magicians, though I remember people were upset with their handling of sexual assault back in season one. I was alluding to 13 Reasons Why, which continually ignores feedback from mental health professionals. So kudos to Pokaski for making the effort to treat these topics responsibly, and still managing to tell a compelling story.

It did seem like Adina could get pretty high strung last season. I could see Otis not being able to deal with her obsessive investigating.

Those mindscape sequences are always loaded with meaning and fun to examine.

Cool seeing young Ty and Tandy again. Wasn't expecting that.

Can't believe how Ty casually, with one hand, snatched the gun away from that kid.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I'm guessing there was more she could have seen if she stayed longer? It's a bit unclear how that whole place works, but it's probably not meant to be perfectly clear. She definitely got ejected because she used her dagger again I don't know how she got others out because of that though. Because she had a hold of them or an item of theirs maybe?

The plastic wrap was such a nice touch! Definitely repressed memories And She was a baby in one of them. No wonder she couldn't remember

I saw a preview so I won't say too much, but it was definitely unclear at the end where Mayhem was

Ahh yes 13 Reasos Why. Say no more! We are very fortunate that C&D seems to be in very capable and careful hands

I hope Ty can bring his family back together
Old 04-21-2019, 03:22 PM
Total Fan

Hope so too. Things seem to be getting more stacked against them between Mayhem wanting to kill Connors, the cops being on alert for Ty now that they know he's still in the city, the gangs knowing where the Johnsons live, and Adina seemingly being pressured by corrupt cops to vote down parish investigations into police brutality.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My gosh At least one of those areas needs to get better for this poor kid!