View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:11 AM
Jemima1205
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I think the scene on the ship –*I'm not sure I saw affection. I didn't see it as him disliking Isabel either though. Losing children in that day and age was the norm, so I think when he told her "there will be others", he meant to be encouraging although she obviously perceived it as tactless in the moment having gone through the ordeal with her sister pulling the dead baby out of of her. It's also a tricky scene because Anne was still in the room, they were not alone.
Yes, you're right. But still I see some kind of affection in his eyes, beside the sadness. At first, when I saw this episode for a first time, I thought that he is going to yell at her. That he will blame her for losing their child. Especially that it was a boy. But he didn't do this, and I was kind of surprised.
But as I mentioned before, I have very mixed feelings about George, and that scene on the ship is pretty good example of it.
I somehow can't quite figured him out there.

Quote:
No, the affection he had for little Margaret was obvious. And I don't think there is any evidence for your friend's theory – be that in history or even in the series that George would poison Isabel. Like I said, I think they had grown close at that point. And he depended on her inheritence. Even if he didn't love her that's enough reason not to poison her because Edward was very suspicous of George. He wouldn't have let him make a more advantageous marriage. I mean remember how livid he was when George married Isabel against his will. George couldn't have done the same thing twice and got away with it and he knew that. So yeah, no your friend is mistaken, George may have had many faults but he wouldn't have killed Isabel. I agree that Anne and Isabel, their obsession with the idea that Elizabeth may have cursed them, was something that George had probably taken on in his grief over Isabel's death. I mean Isabel obviously died of childbed fever, that wasn't uncommon for this time and age, but I think George just needed someone to blame because he realised that there were times when he could have treated her better and now he couldn't make it up to her. I think he even may have said s at some point – at least I remember that he said to Anne that he loved Isabel and maybe he realised that too late.
You're so right in this too. And you described it so beautifully.

Quote:
I think Isabel wasn't afraid of George so much – she was mainly afraid that she'll end up cursed. I think she felt cursed from the moment she learnt that her father was responsible for beheading Elizabeth's father and brother. It was clear that Elizabeth would never forgive that and she saw that Edward was on her side no matter what. One of the scenes that stuck out most for me with regard to Isabel was when she met with her father in the courtyard as he was riding off to fight for Henry VI (and the chance that Anne and her new husband would inherit the throne). By that time George was already thinking of absconding and going back to fight with his brothers. I remember Isabel shaking and asking about what to do. And her father told her that she'll be fine either way that she just has to wait until she is really sure who won the battle until she declares her allegiance.
Maybe you right, that she was more afraid of being cursed. But still somehow I get this little impression that she was, just a little, afraid of George.
I don't know why. Or maybe I just imagining it xD.
As for that scene, yes, I remember it. And in general, I felt sorry for Isabel. She just wanted to be loved, to have a loving husband and children.
She never wanted to be a queen, she didn't want to take part in these wars, in this whole fight for the throne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for the videos, Jemima! I know you posted the links, but I embedded them for you so you can see them on the thread. If you want, I can tell you how to do it yourself.
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that they have to be embedded.
I don't even know how to do it, so if you can tell me, then I will be grateful.