View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:10 AM
BrooklynFan
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. I really think Bellamy is seeing the bigger picture this season (while Clarke is not).

Re: Niylah - she had already been shown earlier this season to be entirely Team Blodreina. She was willing to kill Madi when she realized Madi was a true Nightblood, so that there would be no chance Madi could challenge Octavia's rule. So it makes sense that she was still trying to keep Madi from taking the Flame, she just happened to be on the same side as Clarke this time. The "true believers have all the guns" was in reference to the ones gathering for the Ascension, in other words they were the ones wanting Madi to become Commander.
Ah, if that "true believers" line was about the ones wanting to restore the old Commander system it makes more sense. But I thought she was referring to Octavia's followers because Miller and his soldiers had the guns... Guess I have to watch again! And maybe I'm just hoping Niylah isn't totally Team Blodreina because I don't want her to be. It's disconcerting how some of the "good guys" like Niylah and Miller have changed in the past six years.

I agree that Bellamy is seeing the bigger picture this season more so than Clarke. This is a role reversal for them, which is interesting I guess, but it bugs me how Clarke's new perspective is pinned on her becoming a "mama bear." As a mother myself, I understand how one's kids become the highest priority, but being a parent doesn't have to mean that becomes the ONLY priority. Nor does it make a person abandon any other values or principles (I didn't start murdering people left and right after my daughter was born!).

Indra's a mom, and she cares deeply about Gaia, but she cares about other things too, doesn't abandon her values or her awareness of the bigger picture to just protect her daughter. And man is she amazing this season!