View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 AM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Getting To Know NCIS' Sean Murray

In 14 years on the unstoppable show, McGee has never let us see him utter a curse, disrespect a woman, or violate a sensible regulation. He's plugged a few bad guys in service of our democracy but no one who wasn't asking for it.

Loyal viewers won’t be surprised to hear that Murray in person has McGee’s Boy Scout virtues—and more, because in place of the character’s winning befuddlement, the actor has a nice measure of dry wit.

"This shoot was pure Vegas," Murray says in recalling the day's work. "A whirlwind of suites, cash, high-roller tables, showgirls, limousines—it was not hard to play the part."

He's a rather sedate age 39, married to wife Carrie since 2005 and with two kids, but "in my 20s, I visited Vegas quite frequently, and I still like to get out there when the opportunity presents itself," he says. "I love blackjack. But as many times as I've been to Vegas, I've yet to go to a show or a concert. I spent New Year’s Eve '99 there with a group of friends—good times!"

The good times have certainly lasted for the group of friends who launched the flagship NCIS series in September 2003. Originally an NCIS agent assigned to the naval base in Norfolk, Virginia, McGee turned up in that year's seventh episode with a face mask as he stood watch on a decomposed body and caught some attitude from boss man Mark Harmon's gritty Jethro Gibbs.

He became a semi-regular, helping Gibbs' team with the odd case before joining the main NCIS team for good in September 2004. When cast favorite Michael Weatherly (as Anthony DiNozzo) departed for his own series (Bull), Murray lost a buoyant comic partner but gained promotion to the rank of Senior Field Agent.

Since then, the green-eyed actor has remained indispensable. Amiable onscreen and off, McGee/Murray has emerged, online chatter attests, as something of a chick magnet. Perhaps, as he quietly asserts in our chat, impersonating the swell-egant dude in the surrounding photos isn't that huge of a stretch for our boy.

Read Interview + View Pictures
its an interesting read. He solves the puzzle of why we don't get gag reels - supposedly they get rude. Personally i wouldn't mind but they could always give us a censored version

Chelle » join GTmy art