View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 04:51 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I would imagine things are currently frantic at the network, so we should cut the network some slack
Exactly why I hate to hate what they've done but regardless of their situation I can still be upset that they've removed NCIS from the schedule when it only had a handful of episodes left

Most of the shows I watch are on Ten so I don't want to see it go anywhere & I also feel sorry for them & all the people who's jobs are up in the air. They don't know what the future holds & that is unimaginable for me, I don't know the right words to describe that

I completely understand that Ten's got to be doing all they can to try survive. If you look at the channel its putting on a LOT of new shows over the coming weeks - but it also has quite a few ending or recently ended so its got the spaces to do that. To me that doesn't explain why they'd remove NCIS when they could have just moved it if it wasn't giving them what they needed where it is now. They could have taken it off for a week & then brought it back in LA's timeslot but instead its going to be a repeat? They've already got a lot of hate floating around from simply not fast tracking & now this? To me that's just shooting themselves in the foot & the show could do better for them if they'd aired it sooner - & if they had it would have been ending now too like LA is

I think if Ten goes then Foxtel would pick up NCIS's as they've got them all in the earlier seasons on whatever the channel is which replaced TV1. TV Hits I think it is? My sister would know as she watches NCIS on it

If Ten disappeared there'd be a major shake up on our screens. There's so many shows which would be homeless & not enough spots to put them all I can't imagine what that'd be like either. They're scrambling & I hope that they can find their way out. I don't want to see them go but I think this may have been a long time coming as they've been struggling for quite some time now

Regardless of my opinion of their decision to pull NCIS my heart breaks for them. Then there's all this hate being put on the channel - even when you look in comments about them going into administration, jobs in jeopardy, ect. There was an article I saw about how people from various networks were showing love & support for the Ten employees & still there was hate being put on the channel, saying its all their fault & that's just wrong. I hate that Yes they make some questionable decisions, & some decisions we don't understand (like for all I know there's a reason they didn't or possibly couldn't fast track NCIS), but why tell them that & put that hate out there? Especially in response to love? I don't understand putting hate on love. I don't understand the choices Ten makes & sometimes i feel like they throw darts at the weekly schedule with the show names on to decide where to put them but I also couldn't imagine what its like for those doing that job. It isn't something I'd be able to do. They've got to jungle a lot of shows & meet a lot of demands & probably a whole lot of other things that the viewers have no idea about

One issue that all the channels face is unless they can air all shows a few hours after they air in the US they can't win. Then even if they do they'll still get crap or lose some viewers to illegal downloads. Plus with all these streaming services some of the viewership is being lost to that too. I can't have or do any of that so I'm completely at the channel's mercy & whatever choice they make. I'll hate being made to wait but I also know that sometimes you have to wait for things but eventually you usually get what you want. If you don't then obviously it wasn't meant to be

Chelle » join GTmy art