View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Miranda
Fan Forum Hero

1x02: "Tape 1, Side B - Jessica Davis" Episode Discussion Thread

1x02: tape 1, side b
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Jessica Davis, for mistakenly believing that Hannah was the reason for her breakup with Alex.

On the tape, Hannah reminisces about her friendship with two other new students: Jessica, who moves frequently because her father is in the Air Force, and Alex, whom they met at a coffee shop. Jessica and Alex eventually become an item and stop hanging out with Hannah. When Alex breaks up with Jessica, Jessica blames Hannah. In the present, Hannah's mother, Olivia, finds a note in her daughter's textbook that leads her to believe Hannah was being bullied. Bryce Walker's circle of peers meets with knowledge about Clay listening to Hannah's recordings.