View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 05:08 AM
aeverett
Part-Time Fan

While I generally liked this episode, I agree about the Golden Queen stuff. Rumple and Regina have no chemistry. That was just gross. I have never seen what these women in OUAT see in Rumple, then again, I've never understood women who could overlook a man's faults because he was rich or powerful, so maybe it's an acquired taste. But Rumple/Regina is just creepy.

The other thing that really ticked me off was the younger Snow's parable about the broach she sold. Regina was in a loveless, undivorcible marriage, pining away for her dead true love, with no way out. Not valuing the gifts her captor-husband gave her, irregardless of the item's history, wasn't some grave sin. I get Snow's daddy worship at that point in her life, and Regina's evil was already well established by then, but Leopold was not some romantic hero, and Regina was not some ungrateful wretch. Regina was a prisoner in that marriage and she did what she had to in order to free herself. Snow was willfully blind to the dysfunction in her family before her father's murder. I don't blame her, as she was still a young woman who didn't know the full story, but she shouldn't have gone around talking trash about Regina like that, at least not about her unhappy marriage.

And if Snow stole Regina's broach, even if Regina didn't value it, then how is she not the thief on the wanted posters? She wasn't a murderer, but how was the thief part wrong?