View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 05:58 PM
DiamondGirl5
Dedicated Fan

Solid episode, not quite as full of twists as earlier episodes but still there were some pivotal and memorable moments:

1. The Dynamic Duo doing their thing as only they can, setting up Sutter and sizing up Kevin, which led to Kevin finally confessing to Mike.

2. Kevin's confession. Erik Palladino/Kevin makes an interesting friend/foe for PJA/Mike, basically a decent guy whose story is mirroring Mike's in critical ways. Kevin's drunk driving incident is a sore point with Mike, but Mike is bound to empathize with Kevin for going to prison to protect a loved one.

3. Louis, Donna, and their hilarious double entendre-ridden conversation about the importance of "wood" when assessing the potential of a new relationship, the double meaning of which was absolutely and completely lost on Louis. Bonus: Louis coming clean to Tara. Louis's grand gesture is more stalker-ish than romantic, but at least he was caught in the act and forced to man up.

4. Rachel. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. As much as I like Mike and Rachel together, Mike's imprisonment is the best thing that ever happened to Rachel as a character. Rachel is finally showing her mettle apart from Mike, and I'm completely invested.

6. Jessica, being a badass with Sutter.

7. Harvey and Sean Cahill colluding. I've enjoyed their adversarial/conspiratorial relationship this season. Neal McDonough is a fantastic actor (and Sean Cahill one of my favorite recurring characters), and it's been fun to watch him mix it up with Gabriel.

8. This is a minor point, but hopefully Julius opening up about his past to Mike will generate enough trust between the characters to push Mike to look deeper into his conscience, generate some self-awareness.