View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:37 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee&tv (View Post)
John's heart attack would be so boring and predictable! I think it's one storyline that's been buried.
I agree. A million times, I agree!

Quote:
Nothing about Kathryn seems "urgent". The only thing it could be is her forgotten musical, but that is not "let's go back from China" reason.

J+K divorce would be forced. It would be interested however to see the contuation of their finantial problems that would lead to,selling the house, since it's such a important and iconic place for everybody.
I agree with all of the above, too.

I would be sad to see John and Kathryn sell the house, but the writers did float the possibility when Kathryn told Toby and Lily that she would do it to help them, if necessary.

That could be what the writers go with, just to shake things up.

As much as I love the house (and often depend on the exterior view to help me process the change of venue within an episode), I'd rather see the house go than Bay & Emmett.

Both are iconic symbols on the show.

Selfishly, I want to keep the house AND Bay & Emmett, but I'll throw the house to the wolves to keep Bay & Emmett together.

Quote:
Kathryn's mum dying?
She's off in Europe somewhere. Neither girl is that close to her. Somehow, I don't believe they would return home for her death. But maybe they would.

Perhaps something happened to Adrianna (Regina's mom). The show needs to explain her absence, since she can only be on one more episode ever (because of her contract on Jane the Virgin.

I do believe both girls would return home for Adrianna.

Quote:
I don't think it's anything with baby Carlton. We got to see him for 10 seconds and the next news would be about him not being well? Ditto with baby Abby.
I agree.

Quote:
Regina falling off the wagon yet another time would be repetitive. I really don't know what they could do wth her character to make it more likeable and for fans to care about. I don't want to see another love drama.
Me either!

I am sick of Regina's love drama. I still haven't forgiven Regina for the way she treated Angelo when he was alive. And she sure didn't mourn long after his death.

Regina is awful in the way she has treated Bay. Just awful.

I hate the way Regina lived rent-free for all of those years, but begrudged Daphne a credit card and help with her college tuition.

Worst of all, I hate the way Regina turned her nose up at Angelo's child and welcomed Will (aka Keon) with open arms. What does Regina have against Angelo's biological children? She cannot get close to either of them.

I really don't like Regina. I wish the actor could still sign. I feel like that would open my heart to her. I would love to see Regina have scenes with Emmett. He was like a son to her, and she hasn't acted as though she knows him since Season 1B.

I wonder how Regina, John, and Kathryn feel about Emmett in the wake of his breakup with Bay. That's something I would be so interested to see explored, but the writers won't go there.

I would have liked to see Melody be protective of Emmett, too, after his breakup with Bay. But it is as if that part of Melody's personality has disappeared. She only protects Travis now.

And Melody's devotion to Bay (especially after everything that happened with Tank) doesn't feel real to me. She no longer has ANY qualms about Bay as a mate for her son? All of her reservations about Bay disappeared? I've never known of any change in personality to be that complete. Usually people hold onto some reservations.

Switched at Birth solves problems more completely and more quickly than any other show I have ever encountered. It's weird.

Quote:
I agree with you ollibear about seeing the last of Tank. He created so much chaos and got our favourite couple to split up, I don't see anybody rooting for him anymore.
I don't think of Tank as having had anything to do with Bay & Emmett's breakup, but I do hope he is gone. That whole storyline is such a depressing black hole for me. It sucked all of the joy out of the show.

When I think about being a Bemmett fan for all of these years, and when I think about how the writers and the cast have treated us (through their art and through their words in interviews and tweets), I feel abused.

It's not that Bay & Emmett aren't together. That's okay. It's the disdain and the contempt that everyone connected with the show seems to feel for Bemmett fans. That's what hurts me.

I believe Gilles Marini and DW Moffett are the only ones who ever made me feel loved and appreciated. Reading between the lines, everyone else connected to the show seems to hate Bemmett fans.

Quote:
Would Bay be contacted if anything happened to Emmet? I think Daphne would get a text message rather than her. Same with Melody.
Maybe Regina wants to tell things to Bay first, after that verbal lashing Bay gave her.

Or maybe Kathryn got the news, because she works at the college with Melody now. I could see Kathryn calling Bay first.

Wouldn't Kathryn call Bay with this news, before she would text Daphne?

I feel like the writers would love nothing better than to kill off Emmett. I'm not sure that they would do it. They may not want to give his character that much attention.

As far as things go with THE CALL, nothing I can imagine makes me care, unless the call is about Emmett. They've strung things out for so long, Emmett is seriously the ONLY one I care about back home in the States.

Quote:
I don't think anybody would think about contacting her if anything was wrong with Travis. If it was about Ty, she would want to drag Daphne back with her.
You are probably right, unless Bay has been dating Travis for all of these months. Otherwise, I would think Daphne would get word about Travis (probably from Melody), before Bay.

Quote:
I really hope it's not going to be a completely random thing "oh look, there was a third baby switched with you"
Me, too. I want things to matter. I'm sick of the shallow. I want the show to return to its deep roots.