View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:44 AM
wild sage growing
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
I think that's one of the major issues with this story, to be honest. There's parallels and there's essentially plagiarizing your own writing. I'm aware of what they're likely trying to do here, but I'm just not overly impressed by or interested in the execution of it. We've been through this with Regina and Snowing and the characters earned the relationship they have now over the course of four full seasons. If they want me to care about the Regina/Zelena relationship, this is not the way - and for a whole variety of reasons. That said, I do enjoy the kind of dynamic Lana and Bex have. But currently it also only adds an extra layer of disappointment to the material they've been given to work with, I'm afraid.
I'm going to keep quiet about the Zelena storyline (for the most part), but I will say that I thought there was a huge disconnect between the Regina we saw giving Zelena another chance in 3B and the Regina in the sneak peek. They're once again trying to beat us over the head with parallels instead of writing a new and intriguing storyline, and I think it's doing literally every character involved a disservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
I didn't want to bring the topic up in this thread, but I definitely have issues with that. I tried to let it go the first time around, after 5x01, but if the same characters are willing to let one of their own and the father of a young child die two episodes in a row… bit hard to swallow. Snow did help save him (and Regina) in Storybrooke, though, so there's that.
I also take issue with this, but part of me is glad that they're showing the ugly side of what it means to achieve an end "at all costs" and not just slapping it on Regina again.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ