View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 AM
icygrace
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)

That was excellent, and also very painful. I loved Kenna's speech to Bash. And yay for Francis!
Thank youuuu! Pain seems to be my specialty

I've said this over and over but Francis is bae. He's my new favorite and he just kept having things to say. As upset as I was that he just kept letting Mary walk all over him this season, I think he'd be very instructive for Kennash given the opportunity. And I have lots more to say, but .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Re: Timeline. A lot of TV writers are crap about their timelines. It's not really difficult to keep track. You just need to come up with a calendar and mark your events on it. When I write a major fic, that's what I do, so I don't screw up when I have the characters talk about events. I hate it when someone says Friday when in reality they mean tomorrow. IMO, there should be a timeline Calendar in the writer's room where they brainstorm, so that everyone can check, but really, you can even set these things up online if they aren't all in the same room all the time.
Same! It just makes life easier. I have connected fics in a different fandom that span years and my timeline there is very precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Based on the dialog Mona wrote out, I'm 99% convinced that this is Bash's baby. Kenna in 2x21 said that she and GR had been together for weeks because one does not talk about being together for weeks if in reality it's months they've been together. . . .

Anyway, these are all logical arguments, I have to keep reminding myself that @Reignwriters can just wave their magic wand of Reign Logic and the baby remains GRs. I would be so disappointed but it would not be unexpected.

Also, if people say that Kenna can't be that pregnant since she's not yet showing, Kenna might be one of these people that one day just pops out like she swallowed a balloon at 6 months.
Initially after the finale, I was convinced thinking the baby could be Bash's was just shipper delusion on all our parts despite some promising clues (like that erotic dream, which is totally pregnancy hormones, as you've said), but now I'm convinced of the opposite. Being with GR for weeks could at most mean more than 1 month but under 2 because yes, Kenna wouldn't say weeks to mean months plural. And it just hasn't been that long to be very many WEEKS even.

(Before the finale, I thought more that Kenna was going to be uncertain about which one of them was the father. Or perhaps that she would think it was Bash but he wouldn't believe that, given how long ago they'd slept together and the lack of understanding of reproduction.)

I am totally convinced Kenna is basically like Kate Middleton, who took forever to show with both pregnancies. She would just "pop" late in the game. Plus, you may just not be able to notice whatever more subtle changes have occurred under her billowy dresses. (And probably Bash was a little preoccupied to notice if anything looked different when they were getting busy .)

I wonder if people had a sense of how long it should take for the quickening to happen, since that signaled you were definitely pregnant and sort of assumed to be the point at which you were less likely to miscarry, even at that point in time. And perhaps when that happens sooner rather than later, Kenna will start to wonder if her math is screw-y. Or perhaps feels unwell and has to see a midwife, who enlightens her.

I also really do think Delphine wants to steal the future she saw for Kenna.

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote