View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 01:44 PM
wickedrum
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Stribog (View Post)
I can't watch the episode while I'm in Brittany (I only have my cellphone here)... but from what I read, I don't want to
Castiel was, or should I say used to be, a great character, and with Sam and Bobby he was my favorite. I should be looking forward to see him again, but I don't. I want to remember him as he was before season 10. Powerful, adorable, stubborn, funny and lost, but always meaningful or at least interesting.
I'm talking about a freaking angel, a "wave of celestial intent" that became obsessed (in love ?) with Dean.
I'm talking about a magical creature who destroyed Heaven, sacrificed his soul and life in horible pain, give up an army and broke one of the most powerful items in universe... for Dean.
He should be with Winchesters, hunting and doing cool stuff and bleeding for his precious human ! He told himself that the Heaven problem seems to be settled, so why is he running across the country with some random chick to hunt down angels like himself ? Specially after the Daniel and Adina accident, haven't he learned the lesson about creatures like him wanting to be left alone and explore life on Earth ? Wouldn't he do the same ?
Remember how happy he was to see Winchesters at the end of season 9 that he was the one to hug them with a joyful smile ? How desperate and hurt he was when Dean was killed by Metatron ? How hopeful and driven he was to heal demon Dean ?
ALL THIS JUST TO BARELY TELL DEAN TO TAKE A VACATION AND DRIVE AWAY WITH SOME RANDOM CHICK ? THE SAME CHICK WHO WANTED HIM TO STAB AN INNOCENT DEAN ???
Where is any logic in this ? At least the character had a logical evolution until season 10, but no one wiped his memory this time, no one tricked him into a dreadful deal out of need...
He sees the man he sacrificed himself and the entire universe for, who he believed dead and saw as a demon, and all he has as reaction is THIS ??? Seriously ???

So yes, I love Supernatural and I love Castiel, but I will not continue watching the show. For me it ended with season 9.
I love season 10 Hannah, but there's a big gap in her development. We have no idea how she became this caring woman from the one you mentioned so quickly. It does not make sense.