View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 12:14 PM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Firstly, welcome to the That '70s Show board, Bobby!

Secondly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby88 (View Post)
I have a somewhat fanfic-related question that I couldn't ask the mods directly since my PM function has not been enabled.
I'm not sure if you have to have a certain # of posts before or not you can use the PM feature. But you can find out by posting the question in this thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f20/fan-foru...7/index11.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby88 (View Post)
I have an idea for a game called a story collective. It's basically where one person writes a sentence or two (or even just a few words) and the next poster builds on it. It's a game that really can be a lot of fun similar to the ABC game where everyone can take part. Here's an example:

Person #1 posts "There once was a boy..."
Person #2 replies "who lived in China."
Person #3 replies "He had a dog that he loved very much." etc

See how the posts kind of form a narrative? My question is would it be okay for me to start a T7S story collective thread as a game? Or is the fact that it involved a story featuring the characters make it too much of a fanfic and less of a game?
Lots of boards have a collective-story game thread where a story is built one word a time. Right now, the T7S is at its game-thread capacity. We'd have to stop with one in order to add this one. I'm not sure if a) you'd enjoy the one-word version of the game and b) if there would be enough interest here for people to play it. Let's find out.

Posters, would you like to start up a T7S one-word-at-time story thread? If so, what game would you be willing to stop playing?