View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviecritic315 (View Post)
01) When did you first start watching Everwood?
I first started watching Everwood April 2011... my brother and I just ended it a few days ago : (

02) What made you first start watching?
My brother's insistence ^_^ It's funny, he always raved about Friday Night Lights and Everwood and I didn't think I'd warm to either; now, once I wrapped FNL, I loved it and decided to give Everwood and shot and, well.. here I am!

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?
I absolutely love the whole series because I think there's a tremendous build that occurs beautifully over the span of those four years, but storyline-wise is a tie between S1 and S4.. it's sort of the beginning and closing of a ring.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:
S1
S4
S2
S3

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?
Oh God, this is tough only because I can find something relatable in each character... ok, um... I would have to say Edna because she's a tough cookie, but she has a vulnerable interior. Plus, she has some of the best lines in the series : )

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?
Amanda. I had a queasy feeling that something would develop between Amanda and Andy, and once that feeling was confirmed, ugh... I also hated the turn that his character took because of her. Completely useless.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:
Maybe because it's fresh in my mind, but I really loved Ephram's storyline with Kyle. It matures Ephram so much and he evolves into someone who doesn't, as he puts it, "save people, but helps them save themselves." His character becomes so much more grounded because of that experience. I also liked Amy's storyline season 2 - I thought Emily's acting was heartbreaking... the emotional toll Colin's death took on her and thereby everyone else was truly heartwrenching and had me feeling all the things she must've been feeling as well.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:
Again, Andy/Amanda. What was Berlanti thinking? I understand Andy isn't perfect, but my goodness - it all went against his code of honor and what made him so endearing.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Ephram and Amy of course. Those two underwent so much both together and apart. I also love Andy and Nina and how it all played out.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Andy and Amanda... singing a familiar tune, ey?

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?
DVD land!

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?
I heard Delia was supposed to be given more time to bloom, so that would've been interesting. She's such a beautiful character; I almost feel like she operates as the heart of the show - so young and innocent, yet wise and perceptive.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?
I'm happy the show ended when it did.

14) Best looking actor?
Gregory Smith.

15) Best looking actress?
Emily VanCamp.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale?
Absolutely.

17) Favorite episode of all time?
I'll get back to this.

18) Most talented actor?
Treat Williams

19) Most talented actress?
Emily VanCamp

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?
You won't see another show with quite as much heart and integrity as this one.
Heh, it's amazing, you're a "new" fan, but you've got the same ranking of the seasons as most of us do! I'm so glad that you ended up loving S4. If we had to get a final season, you can't ask for a better one that that. You spelled out Ephram's growth perfectly. Was Kyle your favourite "guest" character?

Agreed completely with both you and Patricia on Amanda/Andy. We were hoping you'd have a new perspective on that one and be able to explain it to us, but I don't think it CAN be explained.

Interesting point about Delia in S5. Where would you have liked for the writers to take her?

Oh, oh, and Colin fan or not a Colin fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Andy/Nina getting married and starting their life together.
That's what I wanted to see most too, Patricia.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote