View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
malaguetta
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just (View Post)
Season 2 sucks so much. I love Morgana but they wated her character and they haven't used her and her awesome potential. I am shocked that they wasted screentime on boring and not seriously important for the plot Gwen. I mean all she did was arranging flowers for God's sake. Morgana on the other hand:

Morgana is a seer, she has powers and is afraid of all of the things happening to her. She admitted that she can't find a way to deal with this situation. She needs to look Uther into the eyes knowing that if he knew that she has powers he would have killed her. She feels lonely and has no one who can confide in. I find this line very poignant:

I don't want to be brave. I just want to be myself. I don't want to be alone any more.

She is alone in Camelot, she needed to push everyone away. Including Arthur. And the thing that made my heart skip a bit? The scene where Athur asks if she is ok. She lies and he just knows it. No matter how distant they are, he still knows. Because they are both the loniest people in the Camelot. Arthur forced to grow up too early, always under pressure and always trying to please his father. And Morgana with her powers. Two people who should find solace in each other arms. Instead they are both drifting apart and became so lost that they can't go back. And the way he screams her name when she is dying.

And now what I want to happen! The most important part. I know that Arthur and Gwen are happening but they can easily marry them still having Morgana and Lancelot their true love. It all depends on how they will pull of Morgana’s return. We all know that ArMor are doomed from the star because of the destiny and Morgana's fate is to become his enemy but while it is their fate to be apart, this could be a very tragic and epic love story.
See what I want to happen is Arthur to realize that he and Morgana drifted apart and he needed someone who could fill this ache in his heart. And that happened to be Gwen. Of course he has feelings and fell for her but his heart was and still is still of another women. That he pushed away his feeling for her but they all came back when he saw her again. And Morgana to admit that she cares about Athur, that she always had romantic feelings for him but she needed to push him away because of her magic powers and her fate. Of course this needs a hell lot of build up but it can be done. Then Lancelot can come to a picture and Gwen can fall in love with him. And this can set thing up in motion. Morgana is on the evil side but she still cares and has feelings for Arthur so she can hurt him. And it can be like in the legends and books now! We can see them struggling with their fate and their love. And at the end when the Camelot fails and the final battle is finished and Arthurs destiny is being fulfilled, it is Morgana who holds him in her arms. That is the story I really want to see, that would move me. And what hurts the most it is that it can be done but I don’t think that the writers will go with this route…
Like I said I know that this isn't happening and it is a denial land but It feels right.

Basically I copied my post from ages ago but it feels right
It's great that you're back, Justine. I sorry for confusing you with the Le Morte d'Arthur.

Loved your analysis of the actual season 2 -- and your proposal for a what should've been season 2. It's a brilliant outline. You should be writing this show. It's great!